LegacyGT.com

2010 cold air intake

This may be a stupid question, havent modded a car since having my 1987 IROC in high school back in 1999, but I want to install a cold air intake on 2010 LGT do I need to do something to the ECU also?? THanks.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you looking at tuning? rule of thumb when you change something like that best on a turbo car like ours, do a tune, so for instance, when i got my car it was stock, i then went and changed my BOV, i then was also looking at a tune, so i did that as well, i then changed my exhaust, which i then got it re tuned, now i am looking at doing a bigger top mount, which i will do and follow up with a tune, so if u change something either get it tuned if it stock, or re tuned if you have it tuned and changed a part!!

This may be a stupid question, havent modded a car since having my 1987 IROC in high school back in 1999, but I want to install a cold air intake on 2010 LGT do I need to do something to the ECU also?? THanks.

No need unless you've dropped about $3000 on a bigger turbo. Our cars flow plenty of air to satisfy Stage II mods. Best to spend your money on a RSB or ABE and leave the intake alone.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

[emoji17]

Well I guess I'll be nice and say....

Welcome to the forum!

Read this entire thread and use the site search.

No benefits to modding the intake on a 5th Gen GT unless you're highly modded with a bigger turbo.

If you want intake sound do the milk jug delete and HKS funnel and maybe a aftermarket panel filter.

Only reason I ask is friend of mine had an 08 Spec B and swears he needed cold air to run Cobb stage 2 w TBE to generate around 300whp with all other stock components. Also keep in mind I am at mile high elevation and I'm guessing that could be a reason why I might need more air flow to run a stage 2.

You'll be okay for 300 whp. The MAF responds to air density, not volume. You're at a higher elevation so for a given volume of air, the density will be reduced as compared to a lower elevation. That means that even if you are flowing more air in order to try hitting boost targets, the MAF is still only responding to the density of the air entering, not the volume.

Archived