LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2012 Legacy Info Thread

LegGTLT

Why not right? :lol: The holidays are near, we're a mere 4-6 months away from hearing anything legit, let's start a thread on what we've heard and banter for the next 4 months about what we think might be just maybe possibly coming to our showrooms. :p

I'll start: The 2012 LGT will come with no changes except for colors offered. There! :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the rumors are not true that the GT will no longer be offered stateside in 2012. I am looking at purchasing a 2011 or waiting for the 2012 model should there be one.

Subaru took away everything that would appeal to the type of buyer the GT was aimed at, and turned the Legacy into Camry/Accord with AWD. How much of a market is there really for a performance version of a Camry type car? It's a shame, as I miss the poor man's A4/3 Series that was the previous gen Legacy. I hope they go a little more upscale again with the next Legacy redesign.

Subaru took away everything that would appeal to the type of buyer the GT was aimed at, and turned the Legacy into Camry/Accord with AWD. How much of a market is there really for a performance version of a Camry type car? It's a shame, as I miss the poor man's A4/3 Series that was the previous gen Legacy. I hope they go a little more upscale again with the next Legacy redesign.

.........Aaaaaaaaaaand we are off, folks!!

IB Unclemat, IWSS, and B4 come back and raise a holy war in this thread.:lol:

(three guys who quit the site after not being able to handle the 2010's arrival)

I dunno, I've seen some Camry drivers, especially the hybrid ones, drive pretty aggressively. Maybe they though electric motors would make the car go like a Tesla? :lol:

$10 says the engine does spread out from the Forester, but the CVT is a better question. It might only mate with the Legacy chassis right now and could require a bit of a re-design. If the CVT bolts right in? Definitely could see it end up elsewhere, even if it is simply an option. That thing really squeezes some extra mileage out of the cars. Hell, the Impreza would see 30-32+ mpg on the highway with that thing easily.

Why not right? :lol: The holidays are near, we're a mere 4-6 months away from hearing anything legit, let's start a thread on what we've heard and banter for the next 4 months about what we think might be just maybe possibly coming to our showrooms. :p

I'll start: The 2012 LGT will come with no changes except for colors offered. There! :lol:

There won't be a thread like 2010 Legacy thread anymore :p But I am all for trying to bring this one closer to 10K posts mark :lol:

Can we expect a refresh in 2012 ?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I found a spy shot of the 2012 engine.It's supposed to have a slightly larger turbo and a few more horsepower.

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/jagcars26/1206573648013gi6.jpg

:p

So whit THAT ^^^ SOA has to either drop the claims about "low center of gravity" or raise the ride height. Hmm, which way they'll go ? :lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived