LegacyGT.com

Official North East Spotted Thread

SuperhawkLGT

He was really quick, and your girlfriend was tidy (if that was her in the Miata) All you guys did a really good job (I was working while you all ran.)

I lost it twice carrying too much speed and getting vigorous in the slalom. I did have a much slower and lazier clean lap though.. but the day was a riot!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zoPRHbRs0A]Autocross Fails - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by aac0036

Last night around 10pm saw a dark blue LGT from the Auburn exit off pike onto 290 until you exited at Kelly square. I assume you were trying to get me to race as you kept speeding up and slowing down. Had my wife and kids in the car so just kept cruising along.

• I Donated

Andrew - looks like you had lots of fun! It looks like you were late on some of the turns (could have set up/turned differently) and that combined with jagged motions caused your spin. Watch my fastest run here and pay close attention to how I set up for the turns, turning way sooner so that I am set up for the next element. Glad you had fun, hope to see you at more!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-bL9iHLuNY]NER SCCA 8-17-13 fastest derek - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by bucko3the7man

Andrew - looks like you had lots of fun! It looks like you were late on some of the turns (could have set up/turned differently) and that combined with jagged motions caused your spin. Watch my fastest run here and pay close attention to how I set up for the turns, turning way sooner so that I am set up for the next element.

Yeah, the instructors told me to work the wheel harder, but coupling more speed with all that weight transfer on stock suspension I could have been smoother. Luckily the camera was rolling for the 2 big fails I had, but I forgot to press record for 2 other runs. I did get my last lap though. For my clean lap I went really slow so I could keep things in check, (and my shifting was rotten) but my entry and exit points do need work. The upside is knowing how my car handles past the limit.

Edited by aac0036

• I Donated
Yeah, the instructors told me to work the wheel harder, but coupling more speed with all that weight transfer on stock suspension I could have been smoother. Luckily the camera was rolling for the 2 big fails I had, but I forgot to press record for 2 other runs. I did get my last lap though. For my clean lap I went really slow so I could keep things in check, (and my shifting was rotten) but my entry and exit points do need work. The upside is knowing how my car handles past the limit.

Harder is good, jagged and sharp inputs are not. You'll learn, just keep coming! Go to the event on the 15th and spend the whole day with the novice program. That includes the course walk and taking instructors with you every run. You'll do just fine!

I'll be at the next one given my money situation is good.

Woohoo!

spend the whole day with the novice program. That includes the course walk and taking instructors with you every run. You'll do just fine!

I definitely regret missing the novice course walk and strongly recommend it for anyone going their first time (or second, or third.) The guys working the slalom must have been scratching their heads as I blew past it at WOT several times :lol: I thought the single cone slalom towards the middle of the course was a straight because there weren't directional cones like on the other ones.. silly mistake. And when I had an instructor with me I was red flagged because the WRX in front of me spun out, so he assumed I just drove past the slalom because my run was DNF anyways. It wasn't until my second to last run that I fully understood the course. I'll definitely be taking advantage of the instructors and novice walk more next time.

Edited by aac0036

• I Donated
I definitely regret missing the novice course walk and strongly recommend it for anyone going their first time (or second, or third.) The guys working the slalom must have been scratching their heads as I blew past it at WOT several times :lol: I thought the single cone slalom towards the middle of the course was a straight because there weren't directional cones like on the other ones.. silly mistake. And when I had an instructor with me I was red flagged because the WRX in front of me spun out, so he assumed I just drove past the slalom because my run was DNF anyways. It wasn't until my second to last run that I fully understood the course. I'll definitely be taking advantage of the instructors and novice walk more next time.

I still tag along for the novice walk through sometimes to get a better idea of the course/ see if I'm looking at the right things.

Parked on the street near coastal roasters in tiverton I saw an OBP sedan, tinted tails, either bronze-ish wheels or super dirty, ma plates. Maybe 2pm today.

i would say that is me except for the MA plates, and my wheels are a matte gray / dirty (non-stock). live right up the street from coastal roasters.

i would say that is me except for the MA plates, and my wheels are a matte gray / dirty (non-stock). live right up the street from coastal roasters.

Surprised I haven't seen you around then! I live over in Bristol, I love taking the LGT for rides out thru tiverton, lil compton, etc. Sadly, it's a driveway ornament at the moment, and will have to stay that way for the next couple weeks unless I feel like getting out there after work.. :(

Surprised I haven't seen you around then! I live over in Bristol, I love taking the LGT for rides out thru tiverton, lil compton, etc. Sadly, it's a driveway ornament at the moment, and will have to stay that way for the next couple weeks unless I feel like getting out there after work.. :(

I had been living in FL the last 10 months for work and now I'm back to working in MA, so a lot of my time is spent away from there

Spotted a black LGT on 3S past Hanover Mall, exchanged nods. Clean car. SS CBE.
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

• I Donated

Spotted some pics of aac from the autocross this weekend:

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96970921@N03/9559116730/in/set-72157635157850055]IMG_4647 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96970921@N03/9559116730/in/set-72157635157850055]IMG_4647 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96970921@N03/9561243290/in/set-72157635157850055]IMG_3897 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Edited by bucko3the7man

:lol: Never before has anyone looked so terrified at a starting line. I got him to send me those so I'm very happy! The pictures of your car came out great too.

There are 2 sets of photos I've found for anyone who's itching to get their driver on:

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96970921@N03/sets/72157635157850055/]08-17-2013 Devens NER SCCA Solo Event #7 - a set on Flickr[/ame]

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/pjgregory/sets/]Phil Gregory's photosets on Flickr[/ame]

Edited by aac0036