LegacyGT.com

Koni install - pitfalls?

GearJamr

Finally got my Koni struts last week, booked an alignment for Monday and going to install the Konis and Swift springs this weekend. Are there any pitfalls to look out for or (aside from rusty bolts!) is it a pretty straight forward swap?

TIA

You'll be thankful if you use an impact gun for the rear bolts (the ones that go into the bottom of the strut). It's a pretty painless job. Did you get some rubberized undercoat spray paint? I cleaned and sprayed my OEM strut housings before installing the new setup and they have held up great.

I had Konis and Swifts. Before that the Swifts and stock struts. Super stiff. Ok ride on perfect roads, but no so much otherwise. The Konis did not help the Swifts much despite me changing the adjustment many times trying to find a nice compromise for my 2005 LGT wagon. I got the Swifts becz I hated the nose dive in braking and nose rise on acceleration with the stock springs. And I was used to no suspension since I raced karts on bumpy tracks.

Get different springs, but not H-Techs. Find some Sti springs or something else before you install the Konis. Or just use the stock springs with the Konis. Konis were not sold for the LGT when I made my suspension mods.

Archived