LegacyGT.com

Rear strut tower brace ?

...a rear strut tower brace for the 6th Generation Legacy ?

Why? Certainly not for function. The Legacy already has a rear package shelf that provides more transverse stiffness than any strut brace is likely to add. It's a solution in search of a problem.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Why? Certainly not for function. The Legacy already has a rear package shelf that provides more transverse stiffness than any strut brace is likely to add. It's a solution in search of a problem.

there is an obvious need to stiffen up the rear suspension in order to provide more structural integrity for the non-functional hood scoop.

there is an obvious need to stiffen up the rear suspension in order to provide more structural integrity for the non-functional hood scoop.
Japan wouldnt make the parts if they haven't done research and find a benefit..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nope. If enough people will buy something, somebody will make it ... even if it has no functional benefit. (See: Fuel line magnets, carburetor turbines, miracle fuel and oil additives, etc.) The Butt Dyno is a notoriously unreliable instrument for measuring performance, and for some people the cosmetic value is enough.

Your car, your choice.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Don't take this the wrong way but with all the *** you have added to your car that has zero benefit, you are the poster child for buying stuff (or in your case maybe getting it for free or discounted) that has zero benefit so I strongly echo what @ammcinnis stated above. People will buy just about anything!

Don't take this the wrong way but with all the *** you have added to your car that has zero benefit, you are the poster child for buying stuff (or in your case maybe getting it for free or discounted) that has zero benefit so I strongly echo what @ammcinnis stated above. People will buy just about anything!
I would never buy a gimmick ot gadget part to enhance performance.. I'm smart enough to know those items don't work.. Now I give it to the companies selling those products their making money from a lot of suckers.

the only benefit is probably if you want to enter your car into car meet ups for prizes, lots of flashy additions. There are large numbers of guys who love stickers, extra plastic, and shiny aluminum mods.

There may be an infinitesimal benefit from mounting that bar in the trunk, the rear sway bar upgrade is more than sufficient IMHO for performance.

That said, I think modding the heck out of a Legacy is dumb. Performance is more than shiny parts, and the WRX (available where you bought your Legacy) will outperform a Legacy, dollar for dollar, you can spend a fortune modding a Legacy and would end up better off with a stock WRX and then (if you feel the need) upgrading it.

I only say this because I left a 2015 WRX to get a Legacy, the Legacy is quieter, softer ride, and much more luxurious (my wife loves it compared to the WRX), but a performance sedan (in comparison to the WRX) it is not.

the only benefit is probably if you want to enter your car into car meet ups for prizes, lots of flashy additions. There are large numbers of guys who love stickers, extra plastic, and shiny aluminum mods.

There may be an infinitesimal benefit from mounting that bar in the trunk, the rear sway bar upgrade is more than sufficient IMHO for performance.

That said, I think modding the heck out of a Legacy is dumb. Performance is more than shiny parts, and the WRX (available where you bought your Legacy) will outperform a Legacy, dollar for dollar, you can spend a fortune modding a Legacy and would end up better off with a stock WRX and then (if you feel the need) upgrading it.

I only say this because I left a 2015 WRX to get a Legacy, the Legacy is quieter, softer ride, and much more luxurious (my wife loves it compared to the WRX), but a performance sedan (in comparison to the WRX) it is not.

I agree... For myself I do Car Show's and Drive it daily and I wanted to bring something New to the Car Show platform. Everyone see's WideBody, Fat Lip Wrx/Sti's at every show so It's about being different and for the last 2 years I've been Showing and turning heads and the judges definitely like to see different things. I might not win all the time but that's all good.

Yeah I have a Coil Bag Set up with Rear Swaybar upgrade and Strut Bars but I think it helps slightly I've drivin the canyons here in Socal and it's on rails..

I agree... For myself I do Car Show's and Drive it daily and I wanted to bring something New to the Car Show platform. Everyone see's WideBody, Fat Lip Wrx/Sti's at every show so It's about being different and for the last 2 years I've been Showing and turning heads and the judges definitely like to see different things. I might not win all the time but that's all good.

well in that case making things your own is the American way, enjoy the shows!

I still mod, but only functional mods for me.

.. For myself I do Car Show's and Drive it daily and I wanted to bring something New to the Car Show platform. It's about being different and for the last 2 years I've been Showing and turning heads and the judges definitely like to see different things. I might not win all the time but that's all good.

Keep on keeping on Lantern .... I always enjoy looking at your beast whenever you post pics from a show.

Archived