LegacyGT.com

rotors/pads

hpcbmw

I've read a bunch about the pulsing brakes and am ready to do something about it. This is my wifes car (2005 LGT sedan 80k miles), and it's almost never driven hard. I looked at the KNS package, which is about $450 for rotors and pads. Autoanything has centric rotors and posiquiet pads for $280.00.

Any reason to go with the more expensive setup? I just want to get rid of the pulsing/vibration.

Thanks!

if your current pads still have life left, try rebidding them.

0-40-5

0-50-5

0-60-5

0-65-5

0-50-5 then coast and drive around without braking or coming to a complete stop.

That's a good point. If your wife does a lot of in town driving, it's possible the build up just needs to be burned off.

I was able to do that in my Honda Fit although it was a few 80-5 stops that did it for me.

Few years later and the front end shimmy (in the fit is back) and the rebedding them isn't doing anything.

I did the rebedding thing a few months ago. It made some difference, but the pulsing never stopped. The next step seems to be replacing the rotors. I had the stock rotors turned a few years ago, but that didn't stop the problem either.

On car machining or "matching" is the recommended repair. If a new rotor has more than .002 lateral runout it is only a matter of time before the problem reoccurs. A brand new rotor MUST have the runout checked to ensure that the hub and rotor combination are not creating excess runout.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived