LegacyGT.com

invidia high flow cat downpipe.. what do you think?

Thetimmy08

Import Image is a very reputable vendor that is active on this forum. So feel confident in buying from them.

Invidia is a very good quality downpipe. Cobb has a 2.5inch taper on the back, keep that in mind when trying to mate it to a 3inch cbe since you will need an adapter for a proper seal.

Also please use the search function many of your questions have been answered before.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Hell yea . I'm gonna order it after this weekend. Can't wait!

FYI - It's really a requirement to tune the car after installing a Down-Pipe...:cool: I'm not sure just throwing it on the car is a good plan.... I bet it will most likely cause all kinds of choas with the ECU and how the car runs.

Stage Defininitions - If you review Down-Pipe comes into play @ Stage #1.5 (Minimum) and part of that is tuning (Stage #1)

If you're looking for more power on a budget - go with a tune 1st and foremost - then Down-Pipe. I was also guided by my Tuner that you get the most bang for the buck installing an Up-Pipe at the same time as Down-Pipe, so really the leap to Stage 2 is the most cost efficient in terms of labor/install - obviously that's increased parts cost overall though.

IIR are IMO dirtbags who mostly get by selling cheap Chinese ripoff products. They have a shockingly high re-stocking fee and are known to run like hell when problems occur. Just a have a read here.

Why not instead buy your parts from vendors that contribute to the knowledge base?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

well when i started searching for downpipes, i wanted to get performance and sound out of the car. Dont get me wrong you can definitely do that with either of the two dp's, but after hearing and feeling the improvement from just throwing on a COBB catted dp, i was impressed. ive also heard several different invida dp's and in my opinion, they just dont sound as throaty to me. so i guess this is just an opinion...either way i am very happy with the route i chose. i will be postin a small video in the near future of my baby purrrring.

thanks

downpipe allegedly makes little to no difference in sound. performance wise, on a tiny stock turbo, there's no should be no difference between bellmouth only or divorced. cat location wise... eh, don't know if there's a difference there either. doubtful for a small turbo.

well when i started searching for downpipes, i wanted to get performance and sound out of the car. Dont get me wrong you can definitely do that with either of the two dp's, but after hearing and feeling the improvement from just throwing on a COBB catted dp, i was impressed. ive also heard several different invida dp's and in my opinion, they just dont sound as throaty to me. so i guess this is just an opinion...either way i am very happy with the route i chose. i will be postin a small video in the near future of my baby purrrring.

thanks

If you like it. That's really what matters. :)

downpipe allegedly makes little to no difference in sound. performance wise, on a tiny stock turbo, there's no should be no difference between bellmouth only or divorced. cat location wise... eh, don't know if there's a difference there either. doubtful for a small turbo.

On a high flow cat, I believe you're right. On a catless I can tell you I now hear the turbo when I never did before.

my catless dp would make a loud bang between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears when i ran open dp. like a firework. but not with my stock dp. i would go catless again if i get another dp. the louder spool was also a plus.

Archived