LegacyGT.com

Error Code help - P0222 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor Switch B circuit low input

My Legacy GT often comes up with this error code, i can clear the code and then the car will run for awhile without issue. I have checked all the connections under the hood and on the throttle body. Has anyone ever had this code and found a fix for it?

Thanks

Glenn

That seems to be a problem with the pedal.

There may be a switch either for "full throttle" or "released throttle" which probably is bad.

It can of course also be the throttle position sensor, but I'll investigate the pedal first in this case to see that it's OK.

453747.png

I had this problem on my 05 outback xt ecept it was sensor high. I took it to subaru and they told me my tps on the gas pedal was shot and wanted 1100 bucks to fix. Rediculous if you ask me. So I looked over forum partouts and bought a used gas pedal(with sensor of course) for 50 bucks and my problem was solved.

• 3 years later...
What ended up being the fix for my problem was that I had check the connections behind the engine and put some dielectric grease in the connector. This was the recommended fix in the All Data system and since I did that I have not had an issue.

What ended up being the fix for my problem was that I had check the connections behind the engine and put some dielectric grease in the connector. This was the recommended fix in the All Data system and since I did that I have not had an issue.

What do you mean "The connection behind the engine"? What connection?

• 7 months later...

Tried the dielectric on the harness connection, tested the throttle pedal sensors, tested the sensors on the throttle body all was good when there is no fault code.

I drove the car several times after resetting the code and when it failed again I had it towed home with a hard code active. Went through it again and found the sensor on the throttle body to be the culprit. 650 part from Subaru problem solved so far. I keep y'all posted.

Archived