LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Not too sure if we are going anywhere with this idea....BUT....went out for lunch with a friend the other day and he tells me he wants to sell his sports car because he bought a big diesel 4x4 to tow his boat.

This BMW Z-3 is the ultimate "garage queen"..... It is a 2001 Z-3 with the 3.0 engine.....in all the years I have known him to own it, I have never seen the top up on it....only drives it around on sunny days and it is kept inside at all other times.

It is pristine in all aspects and only has 50,000 Km (30,000 miles) on it. He just put new Michelins on and had the wheels re-finished at the same time. Wants $13,500 Cdn. for it....very tempting....Scooby Too loves it. :wub::wub:

Obviously that is my Leggy parked behind it....The Z-3 would be just an addition to the fleet as a "Play car":cool:

lrZqyTP.jpg

Scooby Fan, do it! I have no idea the value on these, $10k sounds better to my uneducatedness. A friend bought a used ~2002 TT convertible a few years back for US$3,500, also as a third car, he’s had a blast with it and it hasn’t depreciated any more.

Whoa, there, let's be sensible. Better make sure you can fit your clubs in the trunk first!

I know a case of "I already bought it, I just don't know it yet" when I see it (been there, done that, still own both cars), and this sure looks like one of those cases to me. Don't forget the build thread!

Scooby Fan, do it! I have no idea the value on these, $10k sounds better to my uneducatedness. A friend bought a used ~2002 TT convertible a few years back for US$3,500, also as a third car, he’s had a blast with it and it hasn’t depreciated any more.

Thanks Keith,

We are seriously tempted...believe it or not....the biggest hurdle is that we only have a 2 car garage and I don't want to put one of our Legacys outside in the driveway just to have a fun car sitting inside.:spin:

I'll keep y'all posted.:rolleyes:

Whoa, there, let's be sensible. Better make sure you can fit your clubs in the trunk first!

I know a case of "I already bought it, I just don't know it yet" when I see it (been there, done that, still own both cars), and this sure looks like one of those cases to me. Don't forget the build thread!

My clubs "do NOT" fit in the trunk....neither does much else...maybe an over night back and a box of beer. :lol:

I am not going to be driving for 4-6 weeks. I went to do an oil change on Saturday and while waiting for the oil to drain I thought that I would get some exercise and went for bicycle ride. A few miles down the rode, I got hit by a car pretty good. I went to the ER, broken my pelvis, scapular, got a few stitches and road rash. I don’t look too bad, but it is really painful to use move my legs or walk. No surgeries needed, just need to heal. It could have been a lot worse.

I started my GT up for the 1st time in 5 weeks. I went to put my car in gear and found my right shoulder was in pain trying to move my shifter. My left leg didn't seem bothered by using the clutch. (which is on the side where my pelvis is broken) I was thinking the left leg would be a bigger obstacle than the right arm. Its going to be a little while longer before I can drive again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5sEYW1VLsGcpd8EZMmu4ScmQkS71PadobzzFI5azLuhWQO-6dwBauLydkOw

Golf clubs, put them in the front passenger footwell.

Put an ESS twinscrew on it and you will be smoking a lot of unsuspecting cars!

Hate to disappoint you all............looks like common sense has ruled the day ;) After a lot of discussion we have decided we don't want to banish either Legacy to the outdoor driveway just to have a "Fun sports car" sitting in the garage for most of the the year

That Z-3 would be a blast but totally impractical for our needs :mad:

Hate to disappoint you all............looks like common sense has ruled the day ;) After a lot of discussion we have decided we don't want to banish either Legacy to the outdoor driveway just to have a "Fun sports car" sitting in the garage for most of the the year

That Z-3 would be a blast but totally impractical for our needs :mad:

Understandable. It would have been a nice car if circumstances allowed it.

I have a soft spot for those, they are fun rides and the styling is aging a lot better than the Z4. Relatively simple and not so hard to maintain for a BMW.

I've have been having the goddamnedest time browsing and posting on the forums today. Keep getting part way through the process in the "What did you do" thread, and getting hit with "website is unavailable". Very frustrating.

OK, so it's not just me or my internet connection. Hosting server issue maybe?

Yeah, we've been having issues recently. We're going through and archiving basically any thread older than about 3 years in order to lighten the load on the server, which seems to be helping, but with as quickly as the issue cropped up, I'm not sure if that's the root cause or not. It's definitely not an isolated thing, though, everyone has been having the same issue.

There's a sammich thread going in the Site Suggestions forum down at the bottom, if anyone wants to join in on that- I've been trying to provide updates there as they happen, but in the interim, there's been some tasty stuff posted in there. Just be sure you have a strong opinion on Cheese Wiz if you plan on posting...

Yeah, we've been having issues recently. We're going through and archiving basically any thread older than about 3 years in order to lighten the load on the server, which seems to be helping, but with as quickly as the issue cropped up, I'm not sure if that's the root cause or not. It's definitely not an isolated thing, though, everyone has been having the same issue.

There's a sammich thread going in the Site Suggestions forum down at the bottom, if anyone wants to join in on that- I've been trying to provide updates there as they happen, but in the interim, there's been some tasty stuff posted in there. Just be sure you have a strong opinion on Cheese Wiz if you plan on posting...

I made the mistake of going through that thread before breakfast, now I'm starving :lol: Thanks again cww516 for the time you've put in clearing out those old threads

Maybe the various sammich threads over the years are clogging the site and bogging it down...

Just ordered some Method MR701 wheels and some bigger than stock size BFG K02's. Gotta wait a few weeks for the wheels to come in but the new rig is heading out on her first camping trip tomorrow. Installed the MetalTech hitch a few weeks ago. And the rear airbag delete is well on its way to fruition. The learning curve is still very steep with this truck thing.

6e615ee2dc24b9578071f83fb8a647b2.jpg3c0e68963157150f82dde74d4e616a00.jpgc29ca87488d8bc3b6dc0a1169cc4b869.jpg

will this fit in your driveway?

https://rv.campingworld.com/product/coleman/coleman-light

one of my very good friends has something like this and uses it nearly every weekend.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Heads-up for those who run Rotella T6, apparently this is a thing: https://slickdeals.net/f/11995231-case-of-qty-2-1-gallon-2-gallons-total-shell-rotella-t6-5w-40-full-synthetic-oil-6-ar-autozone-b-m-only-plus-a-free-hat

AutoZone has 2x 1 gallon jug cases on sale for $20 (apparently depends on the store), minus $7/gal rebate, so $6 total ($3/gal). Knock off another $7 if you use the $7 off $30+ coupon (there's a URL in post #43) and buy 2 cases, for a grand total of $1.25/gal for 4 gallons. There's a free hat in the box, too, so there's that.

I'm not sure if the one near me is open today, but I sure as heck aim to find out.

will this fit in your driveway?

https://rv.campingworld.com/product/coleman/coleman-light

one of my very good friends has something like this and uses it nearly every weekend.

Ew! IMO, that's a bigger mistake then buying a boat. Way too big. I'd consider a Forest River A-frame pop-up setup with a toilet and shower, 1500 pounds is plenty. Edited by GTEASER