LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Hopefully the OEM plugs, NGK SILFR6B-8. And yep catching up on maintenance is a task, but it can be a bit relaxing to do work you aren't forced into. Just take your time and use the forum resources if you need them.

I did indeed pick up the SILFR6B-8 plugs, thanks to the search function on the forum. I had to order them because I couldn't find anyone locally that stocked them.

Yeah, gotta do the maintenance before the fun stuff. Not sure how relaxing it is for me as I do it all week long. I really like the outcome though:). I'm the fleet manager and the only mechanic for a fleet of 22+ vehicles. Due to taking that job, I got away from caring too much about my own vehicle. Now, I have been doing that long enough and have the stress under control, so I'm having fun with my own vehicle again. This forum has made it possible for me to gain the info needed to get these mods done without it all being my own trial and error.

I really appreciate you people and this place!

Bought part # PSP-eng-120 from Perrin which is a water pump pulley and alternator pulley

For BRZ l.

Perrin confirmed the water pump pulley will fit my legacy , anyone know if the alternator pulley will fit as well?

I'll catch up since its been awhile. I bought TYC 2013+ blacked out facelift headlights, a VLEDS LED kit and a replacement dust cover so the gas can dissipate better. The dust cover is taking awhile since its coming from China but im ready to get rid of the chrome chaos that is our stock headlights. Edited by Golferdude1087

Not sure if it was used on multiple vehicles, but that looks the same as the one that comes with the STI short-throw (or some appearance package or something, all's I know is I have one and it's OEM).

4 x 245/45/17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports (PSS). $165 per tire on TR - not bad. Looks like clearance pricing to get rid of the PSS for the Pilot Super 4S (PS4S).

Was very tempted to buy new rims but pussed out. I think I'd rather spend money on a new turbo.

New set of tires

Crawford a/o separator

Hardrace motor mounts

Thermodynamics 1050x injectors

AEM 320lph 65mm fuel pump

Tial BOV

install and retune wed

...and a baby seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SJGT

Good to know. I won’t use it in the GT then. Our old Mpv got all kinds of smells anyway. I think the one I bought isn’t asphalt based, it’s more multipurpose tape. I opened it up for a whiff, smell nothing and the adhesive feels more like 3m tape than “sticky” tar. Still will give it a shot on the Mazda. I’ll be happy if it can dampen noise just a little.

Update on the flashing tape on our Mpv. No issues! It’s been a few months now and there haven’t been any smells either. I still haven’t installed it on the the rear doors, but the front doors feel “solid”. This poor car is barely alive though. Runs like a champ at 250k (cleaned up the manifolds, injectors, & adjusted timing) mechanically. No leaks, but the paint is gone, headlights are faded and letting moisture in, the interior seen much better days. When I get time I try to spruce something up. The mpvclub.com forum is down, so I think I’m the only one with an mpv left :(.

As far as the legacy goes, I just gave it long over due clay, buff, polish, and wax. Nothing professional grade, but looks like it’s younger self. The water beads are majestic to see and paint is very smooth again. If I used a high speed buffer, I’m sure the paint would’ve shined like it’s in a showroom! Also done an oil change, I average my oci about 4500 miles or 6 months, rotella t6 and Subaru’s filter and never needed to add oil in between. Sitting at 114k and will be taking it to Atlanta tonight. Some other updates; Almost two years running on 235-50-18 tires with the stock wheels on spacers, all four treads look good with one rotation. The front liners are getting rubbed over bumps and tight turns and I had to replace the fender clips a few times, but I’ll contribute that to the h&r springs. Almost two years running the ACT clutch, still feels good as new and almost one year on the timing belt change. I really need to get a move on with stage two, I had the nameless downpipe and ebcs sitting for few years now. I’ve been alternating between a custom stage 1 tune and Cobb ots tune. I do have a new dash cam never installed sitting for a while too, but I also have an older one running already.

Edited by ibr_adam09

Also I got a friend who needs help winning this photo contest. He lost so many times before. He gets $100 if he wins. That’s $100 towards his bmw lol. It’s been a showdown with another contestant and I think voting ends tonight.

Vote for ANNA LIEVANO BY ADAM TAHA at the bottom.

https://thehhub.com/2018/08/02/metonthehub-weekly-contest-8-2-18/

I bought a brake flush, one of my goodridge ss lines went bad so I had to replace it temporarily with a rubber one. I will be requesting warranty service on the line and go from there.
That's 2nd Goodridge line to go bad, MrStacy had one go bad on his. Leaking at a fitting or was the casing compromised by rubbing?

I was planning to get SS lines to go with my Brembo's, but I came across quite a few failures and some theories that SS lines in general are less reliable than OE. For a street car I decided that last bit of feel is worth trading for peace of mind.. whether the theory is true or not.

I was planning to get SS lines to go with my Brembo's, but I came across quite a few failures and some theories that SS lines in general are less reliable than OE. For a street car I decided that last bit of feel is worth trading for peace of mind.. whether the theory is true or not.

Funny you mention that. I bought a Wagoneer a few years back that had a SS brake line burst and caused it to slam into a tree/pole and flip. It was beat up when I bought it, but it was still drivable, and we got a lot of good parts off it.

Passenger_Rear_Corner.jpg.d00ef8a87377c2efb9c4a799c2f5f088.jpg

Passenger_Front_Corner.jpg.555dee37eb71d4b78bc76a306c84a205.jpg

1808152812_1988Wagoneeron33s.JPG.95a38d68784f041b16a1470e8d610aa5.JPG

My son had one slide out enough slack so it rubbed on the tire and failed. He was very lucky to be able to exit the highway into a big parking lot at speed. He kinda found it exciting once he realized he didn't kill himself. :redface:

That's 2nd Goodridge line to go bad, MrStacy had one go bad on his. Leaking at a fitting or was the casing compromised by rubbing?

It looks like a fitting leaked, at first we thought the line was knicked based on how it was leaking.

Whats their warranty on them? Its been like 7-8 months.

The purpose of the SS lines is to improve brake feel but going to a BBK has the same result too. It'll bite better anyway.

Now I have the MCB and ss lines and lost an ss line, I believe the MCB has a greater impact than the lines do.

• 2 weeks later...
Funny you mention that. I bought a Wagoneer a few years back that had a SS brake line burst and caused it to slam into a tree/pole and flip. It was beat up when I bought it, but it was still drivable, and we got a lot of good parts off it.

Wow, glad you made it through that!

Whoops, you bought it after it flipped, realized after posting lol!

Edited by Scubaboo
Late comprehension

The purpose of the SS lines is to improve brake feel but going to a BBK has the same result too. It'll bite better anyway.

Now I have the MCB and ss lines and lost an ss line, I believe the MCB has a greater impact than the lines do.

Yes I am happy with the Brembo setup, honestly the stock setup is not bad at all but this is noticeably better feeling.

For spirited daily driving I dont care to chase the pros of these lines given the possible cons.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the brace, especially in conjunction with other mods. It's on the list but the mod budget is all dried up for now lol!

Yes I am happy with the Brembo setup, honestly the stock setup is not bad at all but this is noticeably better feeling.

For spirited daily driving I dont care to chase the pros of these lines given the possible cons.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the brace, especially in conjunction with other mods. It's on the list but the mod budget is all dried up for now lol!

Just a heads up. The only company that made an MCB for our car was CUSCO, they haven't in years. The thread for the "last run", its the one I am running and its perfect. Get it because he isn't going to be able to make it again