LegacyGT.com

Has anyone raised the saggy ARSE of a 6th gen??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you measured the wheel arch height on each corner and checked to see where it is relative to the specifications? By design, the front wheel arch is higher than the rear - by how much varies depending on the model. I don't have the manual for a 6th gen, but for the 5th, the difference was around 1cm - the tolerance in the service manual is also pretty wide - +12mm to -24mm. (this is also why many lowering springs drop the front by more than the rear - they do that to get the wheel arches to look the same, but then if you look at the side of the car you can see it's angled with the front being lower than the back) - also, the front might be flared out a bit more than the rear, giving the appearance of being higher, when it's actually just a little wider.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Planning on getting some 3/8" saggy butt spacers from Subtle Solutions for the 2015 legacy. The spacers do NOT come with extended studs, but I was just wondering if I would need them? I have read that if you have a tower brace you definitely need the longer studs for 3/8", but without a brace on the Legacy would it not be necessary?

Check all the other Gen forums, of course the dealer is going to say it's normal, because it is. And that doesn't mean we have to live with it. Most people drive their cars and never notice, because they don't care, and this happens to pretty much any car with springs, which is pretty much any car. Springs do lose their spring, some faster, some slower, some early, some eventually.

If you don't like the way it looks, get saggy butt spacers. They work and they are not expensive if you and/or a friend can install them.

you have a link for the spacers?or would lowering the car solve the sag?

What I'd like is a model specific air bag helper/level system for the rear, when the trunk is loaded with luggage, and two teenagers in the back seat for road trips.

Or how about the self-levelling rear struts (SLS) that used to be on the higher spec older Foresters & Outbacks? Consistent ride height at the back (even between a full & empty fuel tank) & consistent handling with various rear loads. Something the Liberty (Legacy) could use IMO.

• 1 year later...

So, this is driving me nuts. And it also appears that my driver's side is lower than the passenger.

If I add the 3/8ths spacers, what else do I need to add? Camber kit? Followed by a new alignment? Does the spacer change the alignment spec?

So, this is driving me nuts. And it also appears that my driver's side is lower than the passenger.

If I add the 3/8ths spacers, what else do I need to add? Camber kit? Followed by a new alignment? Does the spacer change the alignment spec?

Add the spacers. Nothing else necessary. Get an alignment if you're a perfectionist.

My car only has 4000kms. I already notice the saggy rear. It was probably like that off of the showroom floor.

They are definitely like that from the factory. All of our family Subies have the saggy ass factor.

Not so bad on the daily with just a normal load of passenger(s).

Recently took a road trip to from NY to TX to NC and back to NY. 3 passengers + dog + full trunk of luggage = VERY SAGGY ASS. It wasn't terrible. I wouldn't even say it affected the ride much, but it definitely had a very noticeable lean and nearly no wheel arch gap left over the rear tires.

Id consider some saggy ass spacers but i dont want it to look lifted in the rear when its not loaded down.

I guess its coilover time.. or maybe try and change the springs from an Outback they might have more spring rate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Outback spring won't work, they are longer. The best bet is to get a set of OEM 11-14 WRX springs. The spring rate will be 230 versus the stock Legacy which is approximately 200. And it should give you the proper ride height.

• 5 months later...
I was thinking of going to the dealer to measure the rear ride height of a new Legacy in the showroom but they usually don't have any; only Outbacks, Foresters, Crosstreks and Imprezas. Does anyone have the Subaru specs for the rear ride height? Is it measured wheel arch to hub center?

So you realize the wheel arches are, by design, about 15mm higher in the front than in the rear, right? Raising the back changes the suspension geometry - probably not enough to be a problem, but your car will now be angled forward (front lower than rear)