LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

I think it would look great on your car, especially with the chrome delete.

I might end up getting the roof vinyl wrap this summer. I want to preserve the car.

Have full clear bra front and full bumper, so having the roof wrapped might be a good idea.

Going to have it done professionally. Is the headliner a pain to remove so the antenna can be taken off?

Dropped off the car with my mechanic today. He's installing Subaru's CVT cooler tomorrow morning. It was a PITA to find the high-torque CVT fluid. One dealership would only sell it by the 5 gallon bucket and two others didn't have enough in stock to share a couple quarts. Finally the 4th dealership I called hooked me up.

Installed h&r springs today. I really hate the stock sway bar link design. Stupid Allen heads rounded out but vice grips got the job done. I removed the link at the sway bar. Much easier than trying to remove it at the strut side.

Installed h&r springs today. I really hate the stock sway bar link design. Stupid Allen heads rounded out but vice grips got the job done. I removed the link at the sway bar. Much easier than trying to remove it at the strut side.
Look at the KartBoy Endlinks for the WRX they bolt right up..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Finally I installed stoptech SS brake lines in front but end up rounding the flare nut in tightening process:/but no leaks which is good.

Also installed front ARP extended wheel studs & Muteki lug open end lug nuts.

Also replaced the front pads from Cadillac pads with stoptech brake pads.braking was much more better now with SS lines and stoptech pads.

Finally I installed stoptech SS brake lines in front but end up rounding the flare nut in tightening process:/but no leaks which is good.

Also installed front ARP extended wheel studs & Muteki lug open end lug nuts.

Also replaced the front pads from Cadillac pads with stoptech brake pads.braking was much more better now with SS lines and stoptech pads.

You should think about changing your Muteki Open end Lugs to Closed End.. The only reason I say that is when you wash your car or it rains water will get in there and end up rusting the Lugs and might be a bitch to get them off later... Muteki makes Closed Lugs also if you want to spend the money Kicks makes steel lugs with a Spin on Cap that looks like a open end but the lugs are sealed.. Bit pricey at 200.00 though..

You should think about changing your Muteki Open end Lugs to Closed End.. The only reason I say that is when you wash your car or it rains water will get in there and end up rusting the Lugs and might be a bitch to get them off later... Muteki makes Closed Lugs also if you want to spend the money Kicks makes steel lugs with a Spin on Cap that looks like a open end but the lugs are sealed.. Bit pricey at 200.00 though..

Thanks for the tip,ya I thought about the open end getting rusted when water gets in there,I’ll probably look for a close end one,but I’m gonna try to find a rubber caps that I can put over the open end for now,

I seen one of those spin on caps but they were like $30,lol but it’s alumninum,I don’t trust those.

Thanks for the tip,ya I thought about the open end getting rusted when water gets in there,I’ll probably look for a close end one,but I’m gonna try to find a rubber caps that I can put over the open end for now,

I seen one of those spin on caps but they were like $30,lol but it’s alumninum,I don’t trust those.

You can always use anti-seize, just torque the lugs less 10%.

Edited by 07LGT
Corrected my steps

You can always use anti-seize, just torque the lugs an additional 10%

This is definitely not what you want to do...im sorry but this is dangerous information. Do not apply anti seize on your lug nuts!!

The safer thing would be not getting open ended lug nuts.

This is definitely not what you want to do...im sorry but this is dangerous information. Do not apply anti seize on your lug nuts!!

The safer thing would be not getting open ended lug nuts.

Please explain how this is dangerous? I changed my original reply as I did mistakingly say add 10% torque, but I meant less 10% because the spec is dry torque.

Edited by 07LGT

Would that be ok?have never put anti-seize on wheel lugs before.

I’ve done this for years, it only took one stud to break from rusting for me to put a dab of anti-seize on.

All the anti-seize does is coats the threads, provides lubrication, and corrosive protection.