LegacyGT.com

South Bend Stage 3 Endurance

So as some of you know I roasted the Stage 2 Daily South Bend with about 35k miles on it :0! Just received this question from a member so here’s my answer...

“How do you like the Stage 3?

I put in a Stage 2 clutch this summer and although I don't have to press the clutch in as far to shift, its quite notably tougher to press in. Is the stage 3 like this also?”

ME

I put in a Stage 2 clutch this summer and although I don't have to press the clutch in as far to shift, its quite notably tougher to press in. Is the stage 3 like this also?

I’ll be honest, I don’t remember the stage 2 daily clutch pressure when I first had installed but towards the end of its life, it is was noticeably harder to press in compared to my new stage 3 endurance. I absolutely LOVE the stage 3 so far. Only has a couple hundred miles on it but engages a bit quicker than the 2 in a good way... has a more direct feel imo. But again my stage 2 was toast from the torque my car puts out so the new clutch is a huge difference. I don’t think my stage 2 was ever holding the torque after the 18g was installed. Car feels much quicker now and precise. Very happy!! I will never buy a different brand clutch ever again whether it’s on the Legacy or my new RS3...... eventually lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just at the end of the life of a comp stage 3, lasted about 35k and likely going Southbend route - just not sure on which -

It’s a daily driver - and some amount of that is in traffic - maybe 70/30 open highway vs traffic @ 90 miles a day

Power levels are around 300hp/tq - so nothing crazy

I don’t launch the car ever or track it all -

Need something easy to drive in traffic that can hold and relay power in highway pulls is all - at most I’m cooking through the top of 1st through 2nd/3rd on highway on ramps

I guess what I’m not sure about is whether the stage 3 level clutch was just not a good fit for my driving profile/power level - I don’t want to have to be perfect on the clutch all the time to get some life out of it - and maybe that’s the ask/price of having a modified car and It’s amateur hour to think otherwise - like my standard mechanic at the shop around the corner thinks it’s crazy to have anything other than stock clutch for a daily driver -

For me shortly after stage 2 protune about 25k miles on the car lol, clutch started slipping and 35k miles later on stage 3 bigger turbo and another amazing Bren tuning tune the South Bend Stage 2 daily started slipping. Honestly don’t think after going Stage 3 on the tune, the clutch was ever holding at full capacity. Car is soooo much stronger now with the Stage 3 Endurance.

For me shortly after stage 2 protune about 25k miles on the car lol, clutch started slipping and 35k miles later on stage 3 bigger turbo and another amazing Bren tuning tune the South Bend Stage 2 daily started slipping. Honestly don’t think after going Stage 3 on the tune, the clutch was ever holding at full capacity. Car is soooo much stronger now with the Stage 3 Endurance.

How much wtq are you making? I’m surprised the stock clutch is holding on as long as it has. First tune on the stock turbo was 290/360 and upgraded turbo put me at 362/335. Lol this clutch is holding strong

Whoa, are your second set of numbers mixed up. WTQ should always be much hour then WHP. Either way, 332/376 are my numbers on a Mustang roller dyno.

I have a completely different turbo setup. 4a5ea34c3efe57b8636d7646422e2191.jpg

Archived