LegacyGT.com

Remote start 5spd

Anyone have remote start on their BG Legacy 5spd? Im having a issue with mine, I believe I might be programming it wrong but would like like some input on how you guys went about wiring in the remote start. Btw the alarm I'm using is AutoPage C3-RS-730

by that diagram, the violet wire should be triggering the blue/red wire in the ignition harness. is it wired correctly? ive never worked with the autopage brand, do you have to specify in the programming which button/ sequence is the remote start?

edit: was just reading through the programming on that remote start... did you get the rpm learning part done right? ive had issues there before that would keep it from starting. and holy bijeezy, theres a lot of crap to sift through to get the features working.

was this system installed in the vehicle when you bought it or did you install it? it is not designed to work with manual transmissions. it can work with it though. there is no traditional safe way to do it. pm me for my # and I can talk you through some stuff on it.

OK so i checked all my wires again and everything was good except a power wire going to my clutch bypass relay. I found a wiring diagram online on how to trick the car into thinking the clutch is depressed so it would start with the remote but I wouldn't lose my neutral safety switch feature.

I have it wired in the following manner:

#30 Pin Clutch wire***

#85 Pin Clutch Wire***

#85a Pin N/A

#86 Pin Ground Output While Running from car alarm

#87 Pin 12v Power

***I cut the lower wire from the clutch switch, the first one coming off the switch itself goes to 87, the other end to 30

But i removed the relay and pushed the clutch in and the car started, so I'm left to believe i used the wrong wires????

**Update** I believe i used the wrong wires, i think i used the cruise control switch wires….im going back under the dash to check again smh

should be a green/yellow (-) wire for the clutch. I'd use the 2nd starter (-) output so it is only active while starting and not the entire time it is remote started.

85- 2nd start (-) from remote starter

86- constant 12v

87- ground

30- green/yellow (-) clutch wire

Ok so the bypass is not my issue, every time i program the alarm for remote start and attempt to start it my Fob says Engine Stop. At this point I'm kinda tired of messing with this system so ill have a buddy of mine check it out to see if he can get the remote start to work correctly....

• 2 weeks later...

Can i get the tach wire from the ECU? If yes what color/pin out is it? Id rather not go into the hot engine bay and tap at the coil….

*Update*

I got the remote start to work, i ended up wiring in the tach wire from the alarm unit. The Instructions are misleading because it says you can run the remote start without that function but its not true. Very good alarm/remote start not as complicated as i thought before just iffy instructions. Next spring when its warmer outside ill wire in my clutch bypass relay but for now i just park in Neutral and have a dummy wire conneting the clutch switch so it thinks its pressed at all times. I understand some may think its a safety issue 9/10 i park in N so i doubt ill forget it in gear, and like i said ill take care of that next year.

Archived