LegacyGT.com

MI JMP Brand new Custom VF52

Here it is folks. As everyone knows, I've done a LOT of turbos for the LGT community and as promised, I'm now building SOME brand new Custom VF52 with all new parts.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Brand new Custom VF52 in Stealth Black

Brand new Inconel turbine/shaft assembly

Brand new Forged billet extended tip custom 11 blade compressor wheel-20%+ over stock setup and MUCH quicker spool than stock

Complete turbine/shaft/compressor wheel dual plane dynamically balanced

Upgraded and modified journal bearings

Upgraded and modified thrust plates and bearings

Upgraded piston ring oil seals

Brand new center bearing support housing

Brand new wastegate actuator

Brand new exhaust housing

Brand new stainless exhaust studs/nuts

Brand new VF52 compressor housing

Brand new coolant pipes and oil drain tube

Complete turbo installation instructions and I'm available for questions and advice during installation and break in.

This turbo is absolutely complete and ready to install. The pricing on this is set right at $975.00 shipped and paypal'd to your door in the CONUS.

If you've been considering purchasing a new VF52 from Subaru, you'll spend upwards of $1300.00 and that will get you a completely stock unit with the journal bearings that fail, piston ring seals that don't seal very well, and thrust plates that allow forward and back movement. And that's not to mention a cast 6 by 1/2 6 blade wheel that's heavy and slow to spool.

Think about this one if you are looking. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for looking and please don't hesitate to PM me.

1328841170_BrandnewVF52.jpg.7995720dcc755ac577104f65724e2b33.jpg

Edited by JmP6889928

Also have one and love it too!

So much that it will be going back on the car when a built block gets installed to see how well it performs with all the associated bells and whistles.

Hands down one of if not the best stock location turbo upgrade you can get!

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

I must buy one of these, I think my current one might be having some movement as I hear random "noises" from that general area. Now to replace a VF40 what oil line would you recommend to upgrade to to feed this custom turbo?

I know for my vf-46 custom build he suggested sticking with stock oil lines partly as he doesn't like the set up with sandwich plates.

Just another plug for jmp. Was great to work with and prices were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha well one more, someone buy this damn thing! You will not be disappointed in any way, more like blown away! (get the turbo joke??)

I've got a VF46 done by JMP and it screams, love his work and is an amazing guy to deal with as well

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

OMGosh....I can't thank you all enough for all of the wonderful kind words and it just reinforces the fact that this is without a doubt, the best community of absolute car lunatics there is now, and ever will be. I'm on several other forums for both Subaru and my Mustang and not one, even comes close to the quality of this community in knowledge, kindness, and innovation. I absolutely feel the love and can't thank all of you enough.

With that being said, this was an experiment to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing brand new, so I didn't overbuy the new parts, but I can certainly purchase more if people like them. I have enough parts on hand to build one more brand new VF52 right now. I can also build a brand new VF39 if you have a TMIC that would be better suited for the nipple style of compressor housing. On some of them (Grimmspeed for example) the VF39 style eliminates the need for the flange adaptor.

If you have a solid core (VF39/40/43/46/48/52), I can certainly build that for you as a Custom with the same internals and balancing and everything cleaned and ready to go. Virtually all of the Custom turbos I've built have begun with a complete (all parts including wastegate actuator, coolant lines, drain tube, no crashed exhaust studs or stripped holes on the compressor flange) and solid core (no broken shaft or huge play either direction causing either turbine or compressor wheel to hit) and I can make it far better than it ever was OE in either style.

As far as oil lines, I always recommend OE lines all the way up to larger than a 20G journal bearing turbos because you start out with a 3/16" feed line and then you choke it way down in the banjo bolt to .055" for feed into the turbo, and that size is important because it keeps the correct pressure in the center bearing support housing and doesn't overflow the journal bearings or thrust plates.

To answer Zack's question and please don't take this the wrong way-dyno numbers are really irrelevant because every single car is different. Whether you have cams or forged block or both, or larger injectors, or different intake, or different header, or different catback, or lightweight crank pulley, or 5MT/6MT/5EAT. or LWFW, or lighter or heavier wheels, or wider tires, or..or ......and on and on, everyone's car is different in engine health and fuel and elevation and tune and dyno. I rely on butt dyno myself (with a solid tune-Cryotune does great e-tunes) and if it pulls as hard as you want it to and spools quick enough so it gets you into really a lot of trouble quickly, and then out of that trouble just as quickly, then I call it a success.

Thank you again everyone for all your kind words and support. It means the world to me and when I read your comments to my wife, she sits there with her mouth open and then also a bit of a tear.

You guys are the absolute best there is, bar none.

Edited by JmP6889928

266HP / 296TQ to the wheels on mine with stock fueling on Cobb Surgeline’s heartbreaker Mustang dyno. But yeah not worth really trying to compare with other cars / dynos as numbers will not be apples to apples.

Took a few hours drive in the car in nice cold dry weather. Love the way it drives, tight and very settled, with plenty of power to use. Body work quotes I am getting from few reputable places are not small, but the way this car feels on the road ... Too many memories with this car to just let it go. Wife says just buy a new one but can you really buy happiness?

Happy New Year everyone!

EDIT: Son's 2010 OB just crossed 200K miles, so all 4 Subarus we have are now 200K+ club cars. Isn't that something? ;)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Hmm. What typo of turbos people use for H6 boosting? I am running BNR 16G right now but when YNANSB time comes I am thinking about putting EZ30 in and boosting it. Would be good to have JMP turbo on the shelf ready to go in.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K