LegacyGT.com

Tysparks81 Spec. B Project Log

Hey Guys,

It has been a few months since my first legacy burned down. You can see that build at the link Here.

If you just want pics of the Carnage you can find them Here We had a very good run, she definitely be missed.

This all started back in Aug. of 2018 as I was still fighting with my insurance company over not only the value of my car but over what would be a fair amount for it. All the while I was trying to decide on my my next car but that is a post for another day. Based on what I was getting back I had narrowed my search down to two vehicles. A 2012 A4 or another legacy GT.

The deciding factor came down to the fact that I love the people on this forum so much or it could have been because I still had a whole room filled with Legacy specific parts. In either case I had seen a few different GT's that were available in my area, as well as a few Spec. B's but they were much more than I wanted to spend for vehicles in worse shape.

Long story short, a buddy was moving away and he couldn't take his car with him. So he made me an offer on his car that I couldn't refuse.

It's a unicorn being 1 of 16 spec. B's from 2007 that came in BSM.

It had high KM's(294,000km) and needs some TLC for a few cosmetic things but she runs and sounded amazing.

So welcome to my new Spec. B Project build thread.

First thing I did was throw on my summer rims and tires, get an oil change, and I started ordering the JDM front end parts.

43608177754_1ac6af142a_c.jpg

Mechanically she looked solid other than a secondary airpump error that will keep coming up but that will be addressed in the coming weeks with a E-tune.

Edited by tysparks81

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Build Log Info

2007 Legacy GT Spec. B

Exterior

Ralitek Skid plate - Ralitek (Installed)

08 JDM Spec. B front End (Installed) - Subaru of Japan

JDM Option Rev D. front lip - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

JDM Spats - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

JDM Stakes - Gialla (To be Installed)

JDM Stakes - Subaru of Japan (Painted - soon to be installed)

JDM Window Rain Visors - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

JDM Power Folding Mirrors W/ Grampus LEDs & Yellow Prova mirrors - Subaru of Japan & Prova (Installed)

Auto Folding mirror module - Company in China (To be installed)

JDM Rear view mirror w/Yellow Prova Glass & Tuned by STI cover - Subaru of Japan & Prova (To Be Installed)

5K HID fogs (To be installed)

JDM tinted Taillights - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

Tuned by STI front lip - Subaru of Japan (To be installed)

TRC Rear diffuser - TRC (To be Installed)

JDM Engine covers - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

Beatrush Alternator cover - Beatrush (To Be Installed)

Rear roof spoiler - Custom (Installed)

Rear duck bill spoiler - (Installed)

Carbon Fiber STI Valve stem caps - Custom (Installed)

Red JDM rear trunk garnish - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

Interior

Custom Backup Camera (Installed)

LED Interior Lights (Installed)

LED Exterior Tail, Brake, Backup lights (Installed)

Black S402 Upper interior Trim -  Subaru of Japan (Not installed)

Front A pillar - Custom (Re-upholstered in black)

STI Shift knob - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

S402 Door stills - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

Black EDM centre console, glovebox & drivers side trim w/ led cup holder lights (Installed)

Carbon Fiber steering wheel column surround - Custom (Installed)

Carbon Fiber ebrake handle - Custom (Installed)

Carbon Fiber interior door handles - Custom (Installed)

Damd D shaped wheel - Damd (Installed)

Chasis

ISC N1 Coilovers - ISC (Summer)

Endlinks - Kart Boy (Installed)

Sway bars Front & Rear - Whiteline (Installed)

Perrin Pitch stop - Perrin (Installed)

Stock Spec B suspension w/STI pinks - Subaru of Japan (Winter)

Volk Racing SE37A 18x7.5" - Volk (Summer)

BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 Tires 245/40/18 (Summer)

MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 225/40/18 - Michelin (Summer)

ATS 18x7 wheels - ATS (winter)

Grimspeed MCB - Grimspeed (Installed)

Rear diff bushings - Whiteline (To be Installed)

Braided Stainless Steel brake lines - Subaru of Japan (Installed)

DBA T3 4000 Rotors Front & Rear - DBA (Installed)

Hawk 5.0 Pads - Hawk (Installed)

Front & rear brembo brake conversion - brembo (being powder coated)

Tuned by STI rear rotor backing plates/Caliper brakets - Subaru of Japan (To be installed)

Tuned by STI Front strut bar (Removed)

Engine & Drivetrain

Speed Density Iwire hybrid kit - Iwire (Installed)

AOS - IAG (Installed)

Downpipe - Cobb catted DP (Installed)

CNT V3 Equal Length Header - CNT (Installed)

2.5 Custom CBE with Magnaflo Muffler Delete's (Removed)

Magnaflow catback exhaust - Magnaflo (Installed)

JMP Custom 11 Blade billet wheel VF52 (Removed)

Blouch 2.5xtr 10cm - Blouch (Installed)

Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose - Perrin (Installed)

ID1000cc Injectors - DW (Installed)

DW300C Fuel pump - DW (Installed)

IAG TVG deletes - IAG (Installed)

IAG 8mm Phenolic Spacers - IAG (Installed)

Air pump Delete Kit - Custom (Removed)

IAG Top Feed fuel Rails - IAG (Installed)

Custom dual feed parallel fuel lines - Vibrant braided stainless steel lines & black fittings - Vibrant (Installed)

Aeromotive FPR - Aeromotive (Installed)

Grimspeed TMIC - Grimspeed (Installed)

Grimspeed 3port EBCS - Grimspeed (Installed)

HKS Intake - HKS (Removed)

Cobb Sf intake w/Box - Cobb (Installed)

ACT 6puck Clutch - ACT (Installed)

ACT Streetlight flywheel - ACT (Installed)

Cobb V3 Accessport - Cobb (Installed)

AEM Wideband Gauge & Sensor - AEM (Installed)

Zero Sports Rad Cover - Zerosports (Installed)

Gates Timing belt - Gates Racing (Removed)

CSF Aluminum Radiator - CSF (Installed)

Killer B oil pickup pipe & Baffle - Killer B (Installed)

Fumoto oil change valve - Fumoto (Installed)

New Engine (Installed in July)

B25 Heads

GSC S2 Cams

Manley Valves

Manley Springs w/Titanium retainers

GSC guides

GSC Valve spring seats

Outfront V3 Closed deck EJ257 Block

- 1/2" ARP headstuds

- Pinned Main

- Align honed

- King OD Main bearings

- ACL Race Rod Bearings

- ARP case half bolts

JE FSR 2618 pistons

Manley Turbo Tuff H beam rods /ARP rod bolts

2017 STI nitrated crank

STI 11mm oil pump

Killer b oil pickup

Killer b baffle

IAG Wrist pin/cover seal kit

Cylinder 4 cooling mod

Fidanza lightweight flywheel (Removed)

Fluidamper crank pully

Looks like YOU have a whole lot of work ahead of you :p Good thing you have the greatest friends in the world, I liked being one of the influences to keep him in the legacy game.

A smart man always listens hahaha

Can't wait for the build progress

Subbed!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

• 1 month later...

For those following, I have updated my parts list in the post above.

This car kind of took a back seat for a little while as I picked up this guy, who has been taking up most of my spare time between playing & training.

47279926501_534db876c8_c.jpg

Was also dealing with a few health concerns with my mother & her husband over the last couple of months but things have been going well lately so back to the car related things.

In terms of maintenance the car has been great. Only needed an Oil change so far. Then needed to replace a broken axle, as well as front endlink after I broke the original endlink. A few weeks later the passenger side front wheel bearing started to make noise so replaced that and pulled off the header heat shield while I was down there.

Then swapped out all interior bulbs with LED's, as well as the rear brake, turn signals and backup lights with LED's. Unfortunately Didn't get pictures of any of that process, but they look great..

I then installed a rear backup camera. If you have Navi please do your self a favor, and get on this, one of the simplest yet most satisfying mods IMO.

45464240065_67121717d7_c.jpg

45464244455_18c6f77577_c.jpg

Just need to put it out there the roads in Toronto where I live suck, this happened on the drive into work a few weeks ago and I only live 20mins from my work. So I will need to get this repaired soon.

At least one rim from the last 5 sets of rims that I have had needed to be repaired due to a dent or crack.

46497365184_28dcc3c2d9_c.jpg

Tomorrow I will be replacing the driver side rear door with a replacement I picked up this weekend. As the door on the car is hard to open from the outside, and nearly impossible to open from the inside, there is also a small dent in it. So will be swapping over my glass, speaker and door panel. Got a stupid good deal on the complete silver door, replacement silver hood & a Cobb catted downpipe.

That being said I only need the following items below before we see how much power I can put down safely. Will take a weekend to get everything installed(Aiming to be ready by end of March early April). But working out a deal to grab the first three items on the list from a member on here by the end of the week. So much more updates coming soon.

Braided fuel lines

Aftermarket FPR

Wideband

Replacement Grimmspeed TMIC hoses or replace the TMIC

V3 - Sub003 (my V2-Sub003 cable is broken and has a short somewhere)

Had a huge issue with shipping when trying to get my JDM spec B. Bumper over to me so went to another supplier and picked up the following, hoping to have all body work and paint done by May.

40315394113_383a9e5307_b.jpg

47227860462_4d742f1d5f_b.jpg

47279916181_34789be288_b.jpg

Then decided I wanted a set of these, thanks to Massiwarrior for showing me the ones he converted to work on his car which basically pushed me to buy these(they were less than $200 shipped which is why I bought them).

47281316611_9f96a6ddb5_z.jpg

He was a present for my wife, she begged me to get us a dog for 4 months straight before I caved. I love the little guy so much I don't even know why I waited so long. Edited by tysparks81

• 2 months later...

Looks like I haven't updated this in a while.

So I should go back a little bit I ended up doing the install of all of the parts below including a catted downpipe & fuel pump by MaasaiWarrior's place back in the Second week of April. I had outlandishly high hopes of getting this all installed in day. I will say once you have had the intake manifold off for the first time, every time after that gets it gets relatively easier.

33697539428_0bda658e6e_b.jpg

But what can go wrong will, and and after working from 11am straight through till 8am the following morning. I rushed a few things and broke an important turbo oil feed line. Then capped it off [First Mistake].

46658938085_e4563c01cc_c.jpg

It was a stupid silly mistake, but that is what happens when you rush trying to get things done while pulling an all niter.

We decided to call it a day as I needed a few parts still and I wanted to verify the routing of the vacuum hoses which we were not certain were hooked up correctly so this is how it was left.

46850536294_90414d1472_c.jpg

I also needed to pick up a few missing parts, and had to get home to feed the dog as the Mrs wasn't too happy that I spent the all day and all night working on the car.

But with my legacy being down, I had no wheels, so I uber'd to my moms place to borrow her truck. Called into work, then Drove home to feed the dog. As well as pick up a few parts and then headed back to Massi's place to wake him up since it was about 2pm and I was eager to get the car finished.

By 9pm we were closer to starting it up for the first time, but still not ready so we called it a night and I went home to the Mrs(Whom I haven't seen in a couple of days now) and the dog. Took a day/night to rest and was back at it on Wed. night. Where we ran into a another snag.....Doh....The Perrin TIH was the older style without the metal sleeve, meaning it wouldn't work with the stock airbox and elbow. So with almost everything else bolted up, and all the fluids topped up we called it a night. Keep in mind we have had the intake manifold off twice since re-installing everything [second mistake, was a capped off Vacuum hose]

47587437071_c72108ea19_c.jpg

I found an aftermarket HKS intake the following day, but by the time I made it to the JDM importer they were closed. So I made arrangements for a friend to pick it up for me on Friday and told MaasaiWarrior that I would come over to his place after I picked up the intake tube and filter. He did have a baseball game but was nice enough to let me continue working in his garage while he was gone.

6 Days later and I finally got the car started and running but.......I had cylinder 2 & 4 misfire, as well as the banging you can hear (RIP new turbo) which was caused from oil starvation (Remember that capped off oil line. Yea, I installed the oil feed line onto the Passenger side AVCS OCV, and capped the spot on the block. The oil flow with the stock hardline goes from the block to the AVCS then to the turbo Doh!!!!!).

33739841048_b5cf6b9879_z.jpg

So after a week tracking down little things and having the car run like crap on startup[Didn't drive anywhere]. I tow the car to one of local Subaru performance shops. They call me back after looking at the car for 20mins I had the coil-pack plugs crossed. Car is running and can be picked up this evening.

So I drive the car from the shop to the Mrs. work to pick her up, then home. Then drive the car into work the next day and back home [Third mistake]. But the banging noise you hear at the end of the video above is getting worse. After talking with M Sprank from IFT about his turbo oil feed line, I realize I have messed up and starved the Turbo of Oil. So I go out and buy the IAG oil feed line kit hoping that I didn't do too much damage to my turbo.

After pulling the TIH well you can see the carnage below, my river of tears, and possibly how costly of a mistake I've made.

47804827842_7b19eb8020_z.jpg

After speaking with JmP6889928(He originally rebuilt the turbo for me a few yrs ago. It had less than 50km's on it before my brain fart), out comes the turbo and its shipped off to him to be rebuilt again. For perspective I could have bought this VF48 - 20G locally but I can't say enough about not only the outstanding quality of JMP's work but he is a standup guy with such a great heart you would be a fool to have anyone else work on your turbo.

While I am waiting for the turbo to be rebuilt the last piece to my front end swap comes in as well as some pretty rare Purple Grampus JDM power folding mirrors with Yellow Prova Mirrors, and a Zero sports rad cover.

32688712317_e9ad02c7e3_h.jpg

So after a quick mock up, which instantly brightens my day, it all gets packed up. After everything is said and done the car is parked until I can finish installing the turbo. With all of the front end parts packed and ready to be painted I will be dropping them off to be painted today, and hopefully get them back by Friday and installed over the coming long weekend.

33884232908_cacf0878dc_k.jpg

The car fingers crossed should be up and running hopefully tonight without any other issues. As JmP6889928 sent me back the turbo super fast, and if I didn't know any better I would tell you that he sent me a brand new VF52!

Not sure but this may be the one of the last updates for the next couple of months as I get closer to being officially a married man.

dang......rough go at it for sure

Dave

Hopefully everything is sorted out properly now. But we will find out in a few hours I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

So quick update.

Car is up and running with the rebuilt turbo. I have only started it up. I need to buy a new registration sticker since my birthday pasted and it needs to be renewed before I can drive the car on the road again which will happen tomorrow or this weekend.

I got the front bumper, fenders, and spats painted but I haven't installed the spats yet.

Before

33991905468_6eeaafb1b1_k.jpg

After

48014263026_ed534730a4_k.jpg

Still have to wire up the headlights, and stock foglights, but that probably won't happen until this weekend. I have some HID fogs that will get installed once they arrive later this month.

Plan of action over the next couple of months

- Install spats

- finish up/finalize ETune

- Get my cracked rim fixed

- Install/wire JDM folding mirrors & headlight leveler

- replace/rebuild the two front axles

- get replacement TMIC

- order replacement front coilover

Next season

- Address suspension (buy front/rear swaybar, rear endlinks, suspension bushings)

- Install coilovers

- Try to not break,blow up, or burn anything down.

- take part in a few track days.

Edited by tysparks81

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
PMed you about headlight wiring. Did you figure it out?

Yes I had bought a conversion harness from a guy on who is on the board. Basically the harness was wired wrong.

Update Time!!!!

So I had the car up and running for a whole week and a half back in June.... Was driving fine so decided to take it to go and visit our wedding venue on June 22nd, since we were less than a month away from the wedding date.

But when we went to leave the car would die when I gave it gas. Seemed like a big vacuum leak, but I couldn't find anything disconnected. The bigger issue I noticed was that my FPR was reading 0 when it should have been up around 40. So I towed the car to one of the local performance Subaru shops in hopes that they could check it out on the Sunday but as my luck would have it they were gone to a track day the next day.

After speaking with them later that week I was told that they would try to get it into the shop to diagnose the issue around July 8-9th. But I told them I would need it either before the 15th of July or after the 21st as I didn't want to deal with any car related issues during the week of the wedding.

48529086821_cf072b5aee_z.jpg

48529120396_97582e94ed_z.jpg

So after everything from the wedding is settled. I contact the shop as its been nearly a month and a half since I've had my car and so far this year it has been down/parked for nearly 5 months so I was getting a little anxious waiting for it.

They told me they found the vacuum hose that was disconnected under the intake manifold, as well that two of the O-Rings on the fuel pump needed to be replaced, car was ready for pick up on Aug.1st. Picked it up on the 2nd. Went to fill the tank and it was leaking fuel from on top of the tank and now I was getting a CEL. So either the pump was re-installed incorrectly or there was now a problem with the fuel pump gasket. After going back and forth with them for a few days they tell me to bring the car back in and they will take a look at it. They told me that they just re-seated fuel pump as they could not find an issue. But whatever they did fixed the issue as I didn't have a CEL any more and it wasn't leaking fuel.

Now I missed the Subaru HyperMeet last year as my car had burned down and I didn't want to miss it again this year.

But with the wedding a couple of weeks ago and family in town wanting to get together on the weekend. I was left with Friday & Saturday to get the car ready for HyperMeet this past Sunday.

Started by installing some 6k HID fogs. Then started tearing the interior apart so i could start working on the JDM headlight adjustment switch and the JDM power folding mirror switch. A friend came by and after spending more time talking and not getting anything done we packed it in for the evening.

48529465506_77399eba2c_n.jpg48529466076_7f3251a533_n.jpg48529466886_b3102a7e88_n.jpg

48529466591_87617137a8_n.jpg

48529466251_e862138708_n.jpg

Next day, I addressed all of the rust around the bottom of the doors, yellow break dust spots and tar that have been building up on the car over the last couple of years. I really wish I took a before and after of this, as it came out looking awesome. But for those interested MassiWarrior recommended I use CLR so I'm telling you guys to go and get some as as well. Took me a few hours but ultimately worth it.

Then I was off to find a tire shop to replace my valve stems as two of the valve stems caps had become seized on the valve stems and wouldn't allow me to put air in two tires. Since the tires had to come off anyways I decided to have them rotated while they were off.

Washed the car, and went home to try to finish installing a few items.

48529467501_a57b9ea05d_z.jpg

When I got home I installed a grimmspeed MCB, the JDM Rain Visors, and rear spats. The wife wanted to go to a Desert festival......well I had planned to come back home and finish the install of the mirrors, front spats & stakes.

But after these deserts, the only place I was going was to my bed.

48529467876_64e15e1e83_z.jpg

MassiWarrior our buddy Jon, and I had a little pre-Meet close to my place before cruising to HyperMeet.

48529626212_1ac19590cd_z.jpg

A few shots from the meet, enjoy!

48529634497_a34cde5c9c_z.jpg

48529636997_83b6f50f3c_z.jpg

48529638307_87411beeb5_z.jpg

48529481841_6f87371f9f_z.jpg

48529816532_d5d023786b_z.jpg

48529836177_eaa46d9362_z.jpg

48529698706_00eb28107d_z.jpg

48529483121_0a4298f10c_z.jpg

48529643702_a19598b8ee_z.jpg

48529650277_5632533ea3_z.jpg

Still have to install the following. But the car is slowly coming along.

- Buy a V3 since my v2 isn't data logging

- Finish eTune

- Install Front spats

- Install Stakes

- Install Folding mirrors

- Replace one front lower coilover base

• 3 months later...

Wow its been months since my last update.

Life is always changing and its a wonderful thing. I'm just over a month away from welcoming my first child into the world! Its a girl, but more importantly she is healthy and kicking like a professional soccer star. Can't wait to introduce all of you to her.

With all of that going on I have managed to make a few changes... so onto the car related goodies and stuff you guys came here for.

I had picked up a V3, and was able to start etuning with Dave from Cryo who is absolutely amazing! If you don't have a custom tune or are running on the stock tune. Reach out to him right now! The fuel savings I was getting alone are worth the cost of the tune and then some. I have referred two local guys to him, and I will continue to send other people his way, because he is just that good.

I got stuck on a stage of tuning because I haven't been able to get my wideband hooked up to my dp, but that is a story for another day.

Ordered and installed some JDM rear tinted taillights, I haven't wired up the rear foglight and I'm not sure if I will go through the trouble of doing that. But they look great.

48799907551_9e5abd1d62_k.jpg

I then installed the JDM folding mirrors, but the passenger side stopped working a few weeks ago. So I ordered a replacement set to be on the safe side but I probably won't address this until spring comes around. As I will need to swap covers, prova glass, motor and the grampus lenses.

48633428971_1bc51e89e3_k.jpg

48743856928_a49db1b454_k.jpg

Now a very good deal happened to pop up on facebook marketplace/Legacygt for sale thread, that I just couldn't pass up. It was for a complete EDM center console. We worked out a schedule for me to pick it up and a month later on the first day I could make the long drive I set out to pick up the parts. I left at 4am and was back home by 2pm. Something like 4hrs each way. I got everything installed by 9pm, which included the front lip being installed. I wanted to get everything installed prior to a season closer event the next day.

49214614398_71066eb22b_b.jpg

48954927181_53183bed7f_k.jpg

Now there always seems to be one thing or another either due to my stupidity or cruel lady luck and this post is no different from the rest. The roads in my area are constantly under construction. But so far I have not had any major issues, a few nails, and a few cracked rims. But lady luck can be a cruel witch.

Basically I got a flat and didn't think anything of it so I filled the tire with air, I didn't hear any hissing and it seems to be holding air fine. Check the next day and yup still air in the tire. But when I go to leave work that evening its flat again. WTF? So I fill it up like that over the course of the week, and when the weekend comes I take it to get it looked at. Thinking there is a hole in the tire somewhere. But nope no hole, nothing wrong with the valve stem. Shit, I have another cracked rim. So I take it off and sure enough its cracked. I had not purchased my winter tires yet, so this wasn't an ideal time. I did pick up some winter tires which are now mounted on the stock rims

49143551592_12dc42e814_k.jpg

Up next will be to get the wideband bung cut off and have a new one re-welded on, then to finalize the tune after I have installed my TMIC installed, install new endlinks, fix that notorious power steering squeal, and get the exhaust leak fixed! But its coming together very nicely, its almost the perfect daily imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, before I get started if your reading this, I want to wish you and those closest to you all the best in the new year.

Well a few weeks ago I had tried to replace my front end-links chasing down a clunk that I was hearing. Well when I went to replace the passenger side I broke off one of the front swaybar mounting bolts. So I decided to let one of the Subaru shops in my area take care of this only because I have been meaning to have them cut off the o2 bung and weld a new in since the one currently on the downpipe was seized and wouldn't allow me to install my wideband to finish tuning the car. Dave I'm going to get you some logs soon.

And as usually there is always something because a few days after that on Dec. 23rd I hit a pot hole driving in the city and it put a hole on the inside sidewall of my drivers front tire. It was dark and raining outside so I didn't really see the pot hole until I hit it. Rim was slightly bent tire was toast. I'm going to file a claim with the city as this is getting ridiculous now. I put on the spare tire and drove around on that for a week. But I did happened to find someone selling a brand new identical brand and exactly the same size tire to what I am currently running for a good price, but what a pain.

Anyways onto the good stuff.

I picked up a killer B oil pick, and finally got my replacement GS TMIC, as well as a new HKS mushroom air filter.

The oil pickup will probably be installed in the summer. I just happened to order the air filter over the holidays as a friend mentioned it on his IG story but good call on ordering it because when I went to install the new one the old one was basically toast, as you can see in the pic below.

49362747101_587b7f7995_k.jpg

After swapping that out, I then hooked up the wide-band and ran the wires into the cabin, followed by the install of the TMIC. I still need to run the power and ground and find a good place to mount it but way closer then I was before to getting proper tune.

49362748186_cff2f2f1c3_k.jpg

I also received the JDM washer lights they are so nice. But with no clean solution for fixing the cutoff I may hold out on installing these, unless you guys have other suggestions to fix it.

49363998552_e5ab9edf62_b.jpg

Will probably look at suspension and bushings next, possibility swapping exhaust or doing those swaybars not sure.

Edited by tysparks81

The only way I can think of to adjust the cutoff for these, is to get a set of wrecked/cracked EDM headlights and replace your 'lense mechanism' with theirs.

So now you have two extra sets of JDM headlights in addition to the one on your car? :spin:

The only way I can think of to adjust the cutoff for these, is to get a set of wrecked/cracked EDM headlights and replace your 'lense mechanism' with theirs.

So now you have two extra sets of JDM headlights in addition to the one on your car? :spin:

Yea the main problem is finding some EDM washer lights

• 1 month later...

Almost a month since my last post.

We welcomed our first child into the world on Feb. 6th @ 7:48pm. From the picture below she looks as shocked as we feel that me and my wife are finally parents.

49629896826_ae9bc1a7a3_c.jpg

I can safely say and confirm that you can comfortably have a dog, a car seat, your wife and a stroller in your legacy sedan although a wagon would have made life way easier, but doggo was thrilled to be moved to the front passenger seat.

Since the baby arrived I haven't had much time to work on car related stuff but I was lucky enough to be able to work from home for the past month. Which allowed me to pick up a few things. I grabbed a TRC rear difuser, Some S402 door stills, a replacement folding mirror, and a beatrush Alternator cover. I will be ordering 1 replacement coilover stut mount and then I will be tackling some suspension work as soon as the weather warms up a bit here.

49641380267_c388919f0a_b.jpg

Needs to be cleaned up but for what I paid for it, I can't complain at all.

I did contact someone across the pond in hopes that I can find some EDM washer lights as well as a second EDM center console. Maasaiwarrior has first dibs but will post up here first if that becomes available.

Congrats man. Good to see your doing well and great looking kid man. How is the car? My kid oldest is about 5 and youngest just turned 2. Daycare has dropped a ton, and the car is coming along nice. wheels and suspension will be next year cause he will be in school, that's one out of daycare. lol Edited by NORULZleggy

Thanks man, Car is running great. I have lots of little things to do on the car, change an axle, fix the annoying power steering squeal, install parts that I have been collecting, but nothing crazy. But I have been waiting for warmer weather since nov/dec. to get a lot of that stuff done.

We have been looking at daycare and man the cost of it scares me, but she won't need daycare until she is at least 1 yr old so we have a few months to find a place for her. I have heard that it gets cheaper as they get older. But I understand the waiting for the car stuff until they are out of daycare. I am trying to have the majority of this car done in the next couple of months as I won't be able to spend any money on it unless its a maintenance item.

Thanks man, Car is running great. I have lots of little things to do on the car, change an axle, fix the annoying power steering squeal, install parts that I have been collecting, but nothing crazy. But I have been waiting for warmer weather since nov/dec. to get a lot of that stuff done.

We have been looking at daycare and man the cost of it scares me, but she won't need daycare until she is at least 1 yr old so we have a few months to find a place for her. I have heard that it gets cheaper as they get older. But I understand the waiting for the car stuff until they are out of daycare. I am trying to have the majority of this car done in the next couple of months as I won't be able to spend any money on it unless its a maintenance item.

Yeah man, I had an 09 WRX that was pretty fast, but sold it and my 06 Outback so my wife could get new legacy, due to my second kid was coming. Thank god I sold my car for way to much and was able to buy the Legacy cash, and my 06 LGT cash.

Car has been in my garage collecting parts, and new motor, I have all my parts now, and goes in to the shop at the end of April. So I waited 2 years with the car in my garage.

Oh am I live in a pretty low cost of living place and daycare was 680 a kid and I have 2 kids, now that they are 4 and 2 price drops way down. But 1500 a month is Lambo payment :lol:. I am one that has my pockets in order so it was not a big thing to me.