LegacyGT.com

Need help please just don't know what to do 2015 legacy

Recently purchased a 2015 Subaru Legacy from AutoNation I didn't know anything about Subarus or the responsibility and the upkeep of them upon purchasing a car after lots of research reading I've discovered that there's a whole lot to do to keep these cars happy well I noticed that I have three different tires on this car my questions is what kind of damage can I do if I keep these tires on the car? Been driving it for a 2 months like that...Iwent up to dealership trying to get them to put the correct tires on the car because I think it was wrong that they sold me a car that under Subaru guidelines you're supposed to have all the same tires with all the same tread depth which they don't. AutoNation wouldn't do it even though there guarante is anything goes wrong with this car within 90 days of me buying it that they would fix it for free. But that's just a dealership fast talk cuz I got a million and one excuses of why they don't have to honor what they tell you they're going to do before you buy the car after you buy the car it's a whole different story oh yeah I have the piece of paper that has all the tread measurements i got from firestone, looking for it I will post soon as I find...please any and all information regarding this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Subaru's stated policy is that all four tires should measure within 1/4 inch in circumference of each other. 1/4 inch difference in circumference calculates to about 1.3/32 difference in tread depth, from minimum to maximum. If in doubt, or if the dealer refuses to do anything, I would just hold my nose (bite the bullet, etc.) and buy four new tires. Running grossly mismatched tires can cause permanent damage to the CVT and Multiplate Transfer Clutch; you don't want that.

That said, the preventive maintenance requirements for a Gen 6 Legacy are about the same as most comparable mid-sized sedans. They are most definitely not maintenance hogs or garage queens.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thanks for the info....but I don't agree with u on that's said preventive maintenance requirements, previously owning a 2005 lexus es330 witch had 179000 miles preventive maintenance requirements we're half of what I'm doing now... what will the car be doing if it is damaged in the areas you mentioned, how could I tell?

Recently purchased a 2015 Subaru Legacy from AutoNation I didn't know anything about Subarus or the responsibility and the upkeep of them upon purchasing a car after lots of research reading I've discovered that there's a whole lot to do to keep these cars happy well I noticed that I have three different tires on this car my questions is what kind of damage can I do if I keep these tires on the car? Been driving it for a 2 months like that...Iwent up to dealership trying to get them to put the correct tires on the car because I think it was wrong that they sold me a car that under Subaru guidelines you're supposed to have all the same tires with all the same tread depth which they don't. AutoNation wouldn't do it even though there guarante is anything goes wrong with this car within 90 days of me buying it that they would fix it for free. But that's just a dealership fast talk cuz I got a million and one excuses of why they don't have to honor what they tell you they're going to do before you buy the car after you buy the car it's a whole different story oh yeah I have the piece of paper that has all the tread measurements i got from firestone, looking for it I will post soon as I find...please any and all information regarding this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Like stated above buy 4 New Tires or Force AutoNation to buy them explaining there Knowledge of AWD Subaru Sucks and they need more training.. Have all the TSB Bulletins checked at the dealer as well.. I've owned Subaru since early 2000's and still have the love hate relationship but once you know them there Great Cars..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

... I don't agree with u on that's said preventive maintenance requirements ...

Since your lead sentence discloses that you know very little about Subarus, I urge you to carefully read (and understand!) the Maintenance Schedule included in the Subaru Warranty & Maintenance Guide you should have received with your Legacy.

I have been wrenching on cars for more than 60 years, and I have not found the maintenance demands of our 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback to be significantly different than the various foreign and domestic cars I've owned over the years. Compared with some European brands I've owned, most Subaru parts prices seem downright reasonable.

2015_Maintenance_Schedule.pdf

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Bought a used car and expect them to do stuff? lol.

Maintenance is easy to do on these cars. My 2015 3.6R Legacy went to 70+k miles with no issues before I traded it in and went back to BMWs. I recently bought my daughter a new Impreza because I'm confident in Subaru's reliability and safety for my child.

If AutoNation doesn't replace the tires, bite the bullet and buy four matching new tires.

Aside from the diff changes, it is pretty much like any other midsize sedan. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and get the new tires myself, so I would feel good about the tire choice. The OP could also try to get a tire allowance from AutoNation since they sold the car with mismatched tires which goes against manufacturer recommendations.

I got new tires 673$... I still waiting to hear back from AutoNation

You did the right thing. We bought one of these as a CPO in December 2017 and have never regretted the purchase. :)