LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

What kind of steering wheel is that? Looks like 2014-2017 WRX but I am confused bi STI logo on the airbag cover.

'11 STI wheel and airbag. I was really trying to find a decent STI wheel that has the darker, almost black circle around the STI logo but this was too good of deal to pass up. $260 shipped for the wheel/airbag/controls. Eventually I'll get the airbag with the darker trim to match the controls and upgrade to a DAMD wheel.

What's different about the EDM dash? Do I need it to up the cool factor of my yet-to-be installed EDM console?

I should have said center console, talking about the same thing. I'm envious of your EDM console.

My BRAKE and AIRBAG error lights went off in unison and also got a flashing CRUISE light yesterday. Pulled out the multimeter this morning and my battery was at 12.7v when the car was off, then dropped to 12.4v while it was running. Am I right in identifying the alternator as the culprit here? I measured the voltage at the battery posts, and then from the alternator (+) to battery (-) when it was running. Does measurement location matter? I'm still a newb when it comes to electrical troubleshooting.

Does anyone have alternator recommendations? I plan on running a video camera that will draw up to 30w and possibly an inverter to run a laptop down the line - is there any need for an upgraded alternator? Thanks.

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

My BRAKE and AIRBAG error lights went off in unison and also got a flashing CRUISE light yesterday. Pulled out the multimeter this morning and my battery was at 12.7v when the car was off, then dropped to 12.4v while it was running. Am I right in identifying the alternator as the culprit here? I measured the voltage at the battery posts, and then from the alternator (+) to battery (-) when it was running. Does measurement location matter? I'm still a newb when it comes to electrical troubleshooting.

Does anyone have alternator recommendations? I plan on running a video camera that will draw up to 30w and possibly an inverter to run a laptop down the line - is there any need for an upgraded alternator? Thanks.

Did you mean 30A? Not 30w? What are you doing? Making a chase car? If a 30w camera you shouldn't need an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30w, as it's just a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k. The camera will be affixed to the hood with no moving arms or jibs, just passive vibration isolation. I'd like to make minimalist recordings of scenic roads like the "

" trend in Norway. I spoke with the folks at RPM Motorsports who have worked on actual chase cars before, they recommended I use rivet nuts for my application. I just got them from McMaster-Carr today and next step is to drill into the hood which I'm pretty nervous about. I'm also drilling into the bumper beams for additional support from below.

Thanks! I'll stick to stock output. Still taking recommendations for where to buy though - any good warranties out there?

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Nice. The black magic is cool. And I love the slow TV train to oslo. Let us know when they are up lol. I'll def watch. Just get a mic or something for the interior of the cabin. Idk but I hate the audio of the slow TV stuff.

Napa probably. If buying a new or Reman. Easy access, good warranty. You'll pay more but if you're concerned then that's the way to go. I on the other hand bought one used for like $75 off the forum. Plan to swap it in, rebuild my old one. Etc. If I ever actually get to it.

Thats a big boy camera, idk if I ever would put one of those mounted on my car and not freak out if a rock hit it in some way

I was searching for driving videos on YouTube I could play while at work but couldn't find anything to my liking. They are either all sped-up, have lousy EDM, and/or bad camera quality, so I figured there's probably a niche there to be filled. I like to do things right or not at all... which has led to much procrastination due to perfectionism. I'm worried about the camera too, I figure I can put a protective lens filter but I still don't know what I'm going to do with dead bugs etc. I'd like to do long, uninterupted documentary style videos. Just have to take the plunge and figure out as I go along.

Nice. The black magic is cool. And I love the slow TV train to oslo. Let us know when they are up lol. I'll def watch. Just get a mic or something for the interior of the cabin. Idk but I hate the audio of the slow TV stuff.

Napa probably. If buying a new or Reman. Easy access, good warranty. You'll pay more but if you're concerned then that's the way to go. I on the other hand bought one used for like $75 off the forum. Plan to swap it in, rebuild my old one. Etc. If I ever actually get to it.

Sweet, thanks. PM sent for feedback about audio. I'll post up a separate thread when this project gets off the ground.

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Been prepping this dirty beast for a disassembly and rebuild it I can. Just gotta double check it's actually OEM? 08 LGT came off of. I have another in the car now and plan on rebuilding both if all goes well. I will keep checking in on the NASOIC thread and follow what I can there and hopefully make an applicable walkthrough for our forums if it works out.a350f1dd038ad03190a47021a00991a8.jpgda6f426abf6a5063db86c3d7c7b334e7.jpg61cf2146983e0659b9b5ad826b42f915.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Been prepping this dirty beast for a disassembly and rebuild it I can. Just gotta double check it's actually OEM? 08 LGT came off of. I have another in the car now and plan on rebuilding both if all goes well. I will keep checking in on the NASOIC thread and follow what I can there and hopefully make an applicable walkthrough for our forums if it works out.a350f1dd038ad03190a47021a00991a8.jpgda6f426abf6a5063db86c3d7c7b334e7.jpg61cf2146983e0659b9b5ad826b42f915.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That's definitely oem.

I bumped a rebuild thread on here a few months ago with some other information I found. Here is the link to that thread.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/power-steering-pump-servicing-244663.html?t=244663

Edited by rhino6303

I was searching for driving videos on YouTube I could play while at work but couldn't find anything to my liking. They are either all sped-up, have lousy EDM, and/or bad camera quality, so I figured there's probably a niche there to be filled. I like to do things right or not at all... which has led to much procrastination due to perfectionism. I'm worried about the camera too, I figure I can put a protective lens filter but I still don't know what I'm going to do with dead bugs etc. I'd like to do long, uninterupted documentary style videos. Just have to take the plunge and figure out as I go along.

Yea, if I learned anything from the people at work about BlackMagic stuff is that it is super good quality but can be delicate. I would def look for something to toss over the lens to protect it, high res cameras like those are very very sensitive to dust and other debris. I will also look forward to whatever you toss out. Seems like a cool project

I REALLY want to install my 08 front end swap. Like the lines so much better and everything's sitting there just looking at me, but torn on what to do with the colors.

-Professional wrap to match RBP, quoted $550 for fenders and bumper.

-Save up and wrap/paint/swap the whole thing when ready.

-Swap it anyway, RBP and DGM. I probably drive it 150 miles a month these days, and save up.

I REALLY want to install my 08 front end swap. Like the lines so much better and everything's sitting there just looking at me, but torn on what to do with the colors.

-Swap it anyway, RBP and DGM. I probably drive it 150 miles a month these days, and save up.

Option 4...donate it to me and then it is no longer looking at you and you save money....and you save me money :)

anyway, I'd love to have the conundrum you are currently grappling with!

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

I'm gonna install it tomorrow after work, colors be damned. I'll figure that part out later.

Thinking I'll just paint the bumper and fenders myself now. I can practice on the stuff I'm taking off, paints cracked anyway, and maybe I'll just paint the whole car myself one day. What the hell, might as well learn how.

Edited by BoozeRS05

Sat and watched the wife prep her motor for pull, gave advice and yanked on the odd wrench when 4'11" human + pipe wasn't enough to break loose a few bolts. Weird being the spectator, but super proud given she's never really shown interest before and she refused to let me do it for her. Maybe a new interest in the making?

IMG_20200811_203129.thumb.jpg.2b8f7e1fc7710defa9d64f07ae9750af.jpg

IMG_20200811_192118.thumb.jpg.c60c06307d94b168babaac2eb0a21445.jpg

IMG_20200811_181559.thumb.jpg.79a9a9057cb3540d32cdc640754c2817.jpg

IMG_20200811_194941.thumb.jpg.432178793ba67c4afa0bd5dafd42f59d.jpg

Hope you have the hood too cause my buddy did the same thing and then realized ‘05 to ‘07 hood not the same as ‘08-‘09 near the top of the grill. It dips more on each side of grill on 08-09 apparently.

Hope you have the hood too cause my buddy did the same thing and then realized ‘05 to ‘07 hood not the same as ‘08-‘09 near the top of the grill. It dips more on each side of grill on 08-09 apparently.

That's incorrect. All Legacy hoods from 05-09 are interchangeable as well as the 05-07 Outbacks. The only hoods that are different are the 08-09 Outbacks.

May have talked myself into kta1214 and aluminum suspension bits. If it was just the conversion to specB parts alone I wouldn't go through the effort. As it is I'm replacing almost every bushing on the car. Having spare parts would reduce down time. Get all bushings installed on arms & links over a few weeks, making the project remove and install.

Anything wrong with those Canadian JDM ebay listings? Like are those usually a bad idea?

Maybe a new interest in the making?

Lol convince her to get my lady friend into it so I don't have to get a storage unit for all my car stuff when we move.

Honestly though, based on style alone, they could be friends.

Lol convince her to get my lady friend into it so I don't have to get a storage unit for all my car stuff when we move.

Honestly though, based on style alone, they could be friends.

IDK about your lady friend, but on this end the first hurdle would be getting an introvert to talk to another person they don't know :lol:

IDK about your lady friend, but on this end the first hurdle would be getting an introvert to talk to another person they don't know :lol:

Mine complains that I'm always doing things and she just wants to nap. So yep about the same lol.

Had a close call today, I've been avoiding the highways by me because of the truck traffic which has been insane lately. Well today I used the highway to work... bad mistake. A bolt came flying over the median from a pack of transports and smashed the shit out of my windshield! It did a double impact (van damme style) and luckily the first hit was the head of the bolt and it hit the dash, it spun and hit the open glass above me and fired shards at me and all over the car. I reported it to the Provincial Police and they said I was lucky where it hit first because it would have probably hit me in the face otherwise.

Anyways here's some photos of the carnage!

117773158_10164130446375096_3270996126230799717_o.thumb.jpg.0943f03e2f18f79ee3739045f1cdb947.jpg

117384742_10164130268745096_3312439228971375793_o.thumb.jpg.14bda59f0d6eb8af4c1a5b9b353d62d8.jpg

117766559_10164130269185096_9177144843753949693_o.thumb.jpg.7f174bee74cd7cac2924ba4579378240.jpg

117799858_10164130269375096_6825310287048756679_o.thumb.jpg.92780fa3c001a36ce6ebbb8914131df5.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Had a close call today, I've been avoiding the highways by me because of the truck traffic which has been insane lately. Well today I used the highway to work... bad mistake. A bolt came flying over the median from a pack of transports and smashed the shit out of my windshield! It did a double impact (van damme style) and luckily the first hit was the head of the bolt and it hit the dash, it spun and hit the open glass above me and fired shards at me and all over the car. I reported it to the Provincial Police and they said I was lucky where it hit first because it would have probably hit me in the face otherwise.

Anyways here's some photos of the carnage!

Insurance company is going to total yer car after that. part out thread coming soon?

:hide: