LegacyGT.com

Invidia catted down pipe?

I just ordered the Invidia catted down pipe. I will have a stock mid and Y pipe and nameless axleback deletes. Does anyone have some sound clips or videos of how this would sound and is anyone else running this setup? Would I have to go to a stage 2 tune for this setup? I like it loud so I don't care if it would be. What kind of power out put are to expected?

Pretty much Stage 2 starts with a DP as discussed here... So yeah. As for the noise it will make... No experience with that part. Still have not installed my Cobb DP but did just place the namless 5" axle back. Only expect a little more exhaust volume.

I've had three Stage 2 tunes on various EJ255 cars. Power, calculated from datalogs, ranged between 260-280 whp/270-295 wtq in 3rd gear pulls. For whatever it's worth, the tuner that showed me how to convert log data to dyno curves claimed that the accuracy was within 10% of what he saw on a Dynojet dyno. Your car, stock, makes ~200 whp.

I've had three Stage 2 tunes on various EJ255 cars. Power, calculated from datalogs, ranged between 260-280 whp/270-295 wtq in 3rd gear pulls. For whatever it's worth, the tuner that showed me how to convert log data to dyno curves claimed that the accuracy was within 10% of what he saw on a Dynojet dyno. Your car, stock, makes ~200 whp.

Thanks. Really only 200 HP stock. I have a spec b. I thought it was 246 hp?

I just ordered the Invidia catted down pipe. I will have a stock mid and Y pipe and nameless axleback deletes. Does anyone have some sound clips or videos of how this would sound and is anyone else running this setup? Would I have to go to a stage 2 tune for this setup? I like it loud so I don't care if it would be. What kind of power out put are to expected?

Does no one else have this setup? Come on now. No sound clips? Videos?

Bump bump bump:spin::confused:

Um, ok.

Looking at Youtube to research exhaust sounds isn't lazy, it's expending effort.

I know, I spent hours researching the sounds of different exhaust combinations.

Lazy, is asking people to deposit them at your feet so you don't have to look.

I have (and many, many others on this forum and around the world) recorded audio of our exhaust.

Guess where we typically upload it? Youtube.

I was just trying to help you get more audio samples than the relatively small number of people on this forum.

But in the end, you can listen to all the recordings you want, they will all sound different.

There are so many variables (microphone, speakers, mods, placement of mic, etc, etc) that each recording is gonna sound different.

Good luck with your search.

Wasn't trying to offend you. Was just trying to start a thread here people can place there sound clips and compare them to the setups. I have been on YouTube for hours on end and I agree there not all the same quality. Just getting some action going on this forum instead of on YouTube.

Archived