LegacyGT.com

Custom Exhaust Questions

Hello all,

I have been looking at having a custom exhaust made for my 05 LGT 5EAT. The reason I have been looking at custom exhausts instead of a pre-built is due to cost. My local exhaust shop, B&B Speed Shop, has quoted me $600 for a full turbo-back exhaust. Which comparatively, I have seen down pipes selling for close to that by themselves.

The only thing that has me worried about going with a custom exhaust, is that in Lebanon, OR (where I live) the car community is solely based around classic muscle cars and other brawny V8 powered vehicles. Therefore, the mufflers they carry are more tailored to american muscle.

The website advertises that they stock Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and Dynomax mufflers (which to my knowledge are all companies based around making products for american muscle). My question for the LGT community is whether using the mufflers they have in stock would be okay, and whether I have to steer clear of any that would result in more back pressure or another issue that I can't think of for my car.

Here is a link to their website incase your interested. http://www.bandbspeedshop.com/

Thank you for your time!

I had Magnaflow knock off mufflers on my wagon they sounded great

DSCN7684.thumb.JPG.ed5580acfa68993fc9a53c35a7911efb.JPG

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Interested in what it comes out like. Pics and sound clip!

Dynomax Ultra flo's are supposed to flow really well and Flowmasters, as good as they sound on certain vehicles, do not flow well by comparison. I like Magnaflow products.

Interested in what it comes out like. Pics and sound clip!

Dynomax Ultra flo's are supposed to flow really well and Flowmasters, as good as they sound on certain vehicles, do not flow well by comparison. I like Magnaflow products.

Thank you for your input! I will defiantly be looking into dynomax mufflers. They advertise less back pressure which makes me happy to know. Do you know how loud a dynomax is?