LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy 2.5GT DOHC Questions....

Does anyone have any detailed pictures of the engine already assembled and in the car? When I bought mine, everything was in disarray. The entire turbo piping has been "re-engineered" and the car wasn't fully put back together. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated, as I have already started the rebuild process. It's gonna be a fun one....

Thank you sir!!

Also, can you reuse ARP head studs or no? I've heard someone say yes, you can reuse one time. My question lies in the torque to yield section.... there is no 1/4 turn or 90° or anything.... or am I missing something? Damn things are expensive....

Edited by Fishn24x7

I would think no. Have you thought about checking out ARP's website, it may have some info, or call them.

I think, I would not use them twice. Cheap insurance to just buy new and be sure.

We have learned these turbo engines don't respond well to taking the cheap way out.

Having said that, I do recall reusing them on the Honda race motor, but again, that is a different animal.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank you sir!!

Also, can you reuse ARP head studs or no? I've heard someone say yes, you can reuse one time. My question lies in the torque to yield section.... there is no 1/4 turn or 90° or anything.... or am I missing something? Damn things are expensive....

Don't cut corners and reuse those, get new one's. these cars are fun and great, but if you try to skim around important things, these car have a mind of their own and will hate you.

You can reuse them. You are actually suppose to retorque the arp heads studs after they heat cycled. ARP has a procedure that torques them down close to spec (I want to say it’s with 10 ft-lbs) so you don’t have to retorque them, which is PIA for the Subaru Boxer motor.