LegacyGT.com

Rear control arms

Max Capacity

Just picked the wagon up from the trusted mechanic. Had him install the parts.

Nice improvement in ride quality, lot's less noise from back there.

EDIT, FWIW glad I decided to pay the man, it was a major labor job for him to torch the old parts out. $1600. Remember, this car has seen most of its miles during winter driving.

DSCN9265.thumb.JPG.aa06eb5b5ccedf47f585bc3dd61b2816.JPG

DSCN9264.thumb.JPG.a88f22ea9b04570d3fd23383c95da3b0.JPG

DSCN9207.thumb.JPG.92d050016f1f9dfa24caec95d38f63a3.JPG

DSCN9209.thumb.JPG.4d682a72df035ddbde2be6012414eff2.JPG

I ordered all new OEM bolts, nuts & camber washers.

I did fine adjustable upper control arms from Megan MRS-SU-0511 if you need them, from coiloverdepot.com or ProParts USA. I didn't need them.

The Megan arms look better than the other ones which I looked at, those looked like they would collect road grim and salt. Do a google search to find them.

It was difficult to find all the different pieces from one place.

I'll post pictures of the new stuff when I get time this week. Just because I'm retired doesn't mean I have all the time in the world...

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked the wagon up from the trusted mechanic. Had him install the parts.

Nice improvement in ride quality, lot's less noise from back there.

[ATTACH]291870[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]291871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]291872[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]291873[/ATTACH]

I ordered all new OEM bolts, nuts & camber washers.

I did fine adjustable upper control arms from Megan MRS-SU-0511 if you need them, from coiloverdepot.com or ProParts USA. I didn't need them.

The Megan arms look better than the other ones which I looked at, those looked like they would collect road grim and salt. Do a google search to find them.

It was difficult to find all the different pieces from one place.

I'll post pictures of the new stuff when I get time this week. Just because I'm retired doesn't mean I have all the time in the world...

It was a lot less noise?

I am thinking about changing out all of my bushings to the whitelines in the rears. I am kind of afraid to do it due to the increase in NVH. Do you have any new updates on these mods?

Only have a couple hundred miles, most of that ob the back roads. There is a lot less suspension noise with everything being new. I really haven't noticed any vibration type noise.

The wagon has always been a louder road noise car than the Spec B anyways, so I'm used to the difference.

I don't think the whiteline training arm bushings increased any noise.