LegacyGT.com

New setup

LegacyDan

Currently on JDM Rev.A bilsteins with sti pinks. with Whiteline front and rear sways, Whiteline ALK, Whiteline bump steer correction, Perrin endlinks AVO RSB mounts

Couple of options available to me here:

1. BC Racing Br series coilovers

2. KW v2 coilovers

3. Bilstein B8(HD's shortened) with H&R lowering springs

4. Tein basis coilovers.

Car is mainly daily driver, combination of some bad and normal roads, city/ highway mixed driving. I think the current set up is at the end of their useful life so time for a change. I would like it to sit a small bit lower and be comfortable for daily driving. I would like the car to absorb the potholes etc better and have less body roll and squatting/diving under hard acceleration and braking.

I already have the h&r springs and as in the process of putting them on a spare used set of rev.A's.(rears done, just sourced spare fronts). Any thoughts on the above options?

So do you have a spare set of Bilsteins? That would be the cheapest setup and restore what you have.

The next step up IMO would be to get a set of Koni inserts, a blown oem pair of struts to throw them in, and use your H&R's.

The best option for performance would be to get the KW's or RCE's. You will notice a little bit less comfort on the worst roads, but not nearly as much as you'd think. This option is the hardest on the budget though.

I would stay away from the BC's and Tein's however.

• 4 weeks later...

The KWs or the RCEs are the way to go for a somewhat streetable coilover that is quality!

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived