LegacyGT.com

Carplay Audio Drops

I have a 2018 Subaru Legacy Limited, with Carplay and I have had a recurring problem with the audio suddenly cutting out. I have updated the firmware on the car numerous occasions, changed cables, completely wiped and reinstalled iOS both 11 and now 12. Basically it seems I can be in a call then suddenly the other party can not hear me nor I them, yet call remains connected.... If I pull the cable the call will switch over to the cars bluetooth and work fine... I am not sure how to fix this but it is driving me crazy..... Any suggestions appreciated

I have a 2018 Subaru Legacy Limited, with Carplay and I have had a recurring problem with the audio suddenly cutting out. I have updated the firmware on the car numerous occasions, changed cables, completely wiped and reinstalled iOS both 11 and now 12. Basically it seems I can be in a call then suddenly the other party can not hear me nor I them, yet call remains connected.... If I pull the cable the call will switch over to the cars bluetooth and work fine... I am not sure how to fix this but it is driving me crazy..... Any suggestions appreciated

I have not had this issue with CarPlay, but I have had something similar with VoLTE on Cricket wireless. I actually ended up switching to AT&T Prepaid to fix the problem on my iPhone 6s Plus. One thing you might try is disabling VoLTE (HD Voice) on your iPhone to see if the problem goes away. It may not, but something to try anyway.

CarPlay is extremely sensitive to cable problems. I know you changed cables but I only got it working reliably on my third Apple connector. Third party cables are flakey. Also, check the Lightning connector socket on your phone to ensure that dirt hasn't collected inside. This can make the connection for CarPlay unreliable and intermittent before it gets bad enough to interfere with other functions like charging and headphones.

CarPlay is extremely sensitive to cable problems. I know you changed cables but I only got it working reliably on my third Apple connector. Third party cables are flakey. Also, check the Lightning connector socket on your phone to ensure that dirt hasn't collected inside. This can make the connection for CarPlay unreliable and intermittent before it gets bad enough to interfere with other functions like charging and headphones.

I guess I can try yet another cable... I am using actual apple cables and not third party...

Archived