LegacyGT.com

tmic compatibility w/ strut brace

Most say these cars don't need the upper strut tower brace, the lower one is some help, but I removed mine years ago. It just gets in the way when you have to do something under the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I’m running the STi flexible STB with the Grimmspeed TMIC and it’s tight but fits.

That was the only one I thought MIGHT fit. There's not much room.

Not really a necessary mod but once you've done everything else.....

^ what Max said. A strut tower brace on this platform is pretty much window dressing as our strut towers are so close to the firewall that there is really no added benefit unless your driving at absolute full chat on a racetrack.

Also it might matter if it’s an Outback or Sedan. The engine in the Outback sits slightly lower in the engine bay I’ve been told for center mass balancing. Can’t confirm it though myself.

The engines in all 05-09 Legacy & Outbacks are lower in the frame then the pervious Generations.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The engines in all 05-09 Legacy & Outbacks are lower in the frame then the pervious Generations.

Ok but, for clarity are they lower than the other models of the same year? That would imply that there is a different subrame assembly then?

I thought the subframe in the outback was slightly lower to compensate for the weight distribution with the lift. I swear I read something in one of the outback lowering threads about an outback on lgt suspension having slightly less ground clearance due to that....

I would highly doubt Subaru went through that much trouble to make a different mounting for the engine in the same Generation chassis.

Here, https://parts.subaruonlineparts.com/v-2006-subaru-outback--xt--2-5l-h4-gas/front-suspension--suspension-components

See if you can figure out if there's a difference between a GT and XT ?

It seems the 2.5i Legacy has a different item 1 but it's just one # different before the "B" in the part number.

May be a different dealers web site would have more info.

Most say these cars don't need the upper strut tower brace, the lower one is some help.

agree, our macpherson strut are already enough secured by both axle and lower arms. plus the upper mounts are sitting very close to firewall where has another main support behind.

whiteline-front-camber-caster-correction-strut-mount-offset-assembly-impreza-wrx-sti-93-07-brz-f.jpg.c94d7a3752412c8fa931f262fc6d0769.jpg