LegacyGT.com

I traded in my legacy for a WRX

yeah its nasioc (or facebook groups unfortunately). nasioc is a big place, like moving from the country to NYC, LOL. Might be best to just stick around here, most of the owner knowledge here can reach into the world of the WRX...

Love to hear what you think. Wife needs a new vehicle. Wants a stick so options are limited.

She doesn't like the Honda Accord Sport, so the only other real option is if they bring out a Jetta SLI manual.

yeah its nasioc (or facebook groups unfortunately). nasioc is a big place, like moving from the country to NYC, LOL. Might be best to just stick around here, most of the owner knowledge here can reach into the world of the WRX...

Yeah that’s what i noticed too unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love to hear what you think. Wife needs a new vehicle. Wants a stick so options are limited.

She doesn't like the Honda Accord Sport, so the only other real option is if they bring out a Jetta SLI manual.

I love it. It’s actually my first stick shift so it was a frustrating first few weeks. But after that it’s a lot of fun. Handles really well around turns and it’s way faster than my old legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is a lot more technical knowledge (along with way, way more internet feuding) over at NASIOC than there is on this forum.

I went from a WRX to the Legacy, so opposites-ville.

As my Legacy lease winds down next summer (technically, Sept 19) I will be looking at either a new Mazda3 hatch (now with AWD option!), or an Elantra Sport, Elantra GT Sport, or the KIA equivalents for my next vehicle.

The Mazda3 AWD option will be FWD biased (so likely higher mpg's than an Impreza, without the CVT compromise) and it will compete with the Impreza (not for snow mountain dwellers, but for all those people who "want AWD" and don't care if it is the optimal AWD system).

I imagine Mazda might add AWD as an option to the Mazda6 (potentially with the turbo motor, this would be a direct competitor to the Legacy, but would be way, way faster than a Legacy, somewhat closer to the WRX if they do that) and Nissan Altima also now offers AWD (not fond of Nissan, personally).

I want another petro burner while they continue to improve electric cars.

I bet in three years there will be quite a few more options in the electric car arena, like the new Kona, that offers full electric but also very decent HP/Torque and range (Kona EV is 201hp/290 torque/200+ mile range -- and torque is more immediate than in a gas motor, so that Kona might smoke a WRX stoplight to stoplight, if the tires ever stop spinning out).

I can imagine myself in a semi-autonomous Mazda3 AWD electric in the future...that is, until they start jacking insurance premiums to force drivers into self-driven cars...owned by Apple and Uber....

My wife was recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, so her knees and hands have started to bother her.

You should have seen the salesman's look of confusion when we asked to test drive a WRX and Forester. He wasn't rude but did ask since people don't normally cross shop those two.

We may go for a lease on the WRX incase it starts to get worse for her.

^ skip WRX and go straight to taller easier to get in car like crosstek or outback or forrester

Thing is she loves rowing gears and feels like it's giving up if she goes for a non manual. I understand where she is coming from.

We are going to drive a VW alltrack as well and see if she likes it.

congrats Docgiggles, they are a nice ride as I had a 15wrx for quite a while.

We do a lot of tuning on them and they can be great cars when it comes to power, drivability and mileage *I got 490 miles to the tank on a roadtrip!*

Unfortunately forums are slowly becoming less traveled so your best be is facebook groups but be warned....there are a ton of misconceptions and a lot of misinformation. just because a bunch of people say its right, doesnt make it right so do your research.

Hope that helps and let us know if we can help out with any parts or tuning for ya

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Unfortunately forums are slowly becoming less traveled so your best be is facebook groups but be warned....there are a ton of misconceptions and a lot of misinformation. just because a bunch of people say its right, doesnt make it right so do your research.

Hopefully not as bad as for the Toytota MR2 Turbo. The biggest problem for these cars now is that they are cheap and owned by younger drivers. The kind of rubbish spread is endless. With a new car like a WRX or STi there is hopefully less myths spread as gospel due to the age of the drivers.

I for one am not on facebook, had a bad feeling about it from day one and no regrets about not joining up.

I don’t know anything about nasioc, but coming from a Tacoma, I wish this place was more like tacomaworld. On there I could find the answers to any questions I had. Over here all I see when I search is unanswered questions.

Archived