LegacyGT.com

Question about brake upgrade for 2.5i

Learjet45

Hey all,

My sister will be home with our Legacy tomorrow afternoon, and after 3 long years of sharing it, I will finally be able to call it my own car since we're purchasing another vehicle.

She told me she felt a slight pulsating feeling in the brake pedal, almost as if ABS were activating, but not nearly as "intense". The steering wheel was shaking a little bit as well. After having the car looked over, they suggested replacing the rear brakes (rotors and pads), so that was just done. However, the front brakes remained untouched. However, the feeling in the pedal is still there, but the steering wheel is not shaking at all. The tires are brand new (purchased within the last 6-8 weeks I believe, a set of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 tires all around). Alignment is perfect.

I'd like to change out the front brakes as well once she's home. I was browsing Rock Auto to get an idea of how much I'd be looking at spending when I came across a set of pads and rotors from Powerstop, and figured I wouldn't mind a little extra stopping power given my more "spirited" driving nature, especially up in the mountains.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3796671&cc=1440455

Before I end up purchasing this, I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't cause any fitment issues with my stock (17x7) wheels on my 2008 Legacy 2.5i SE. Can anyone confirm this?

tl;dr Can anyone confirm that these pads and rotors will be 100% compatible with my stock 2008 Legacy 2.5i SE with stock wheels?

Many thanks!

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

After looking at other (non-performance) rotors online and the service manual, I was left confused.

The rotor I'm interested in is 11.5" outer diameter. However, the service manual says the 17" front rotors should be 12.44" outer diameter, and that the 11.57" outer diameter was for 16" wheels. Other non-performance rotors I found online were listed as 11.57" OD, so I presumed this was the correct size. I decided to take a wheel off and measure this today, and it would indeed appear as though the stock rotor is about 11.5" outer diameter.

It would now seem as though the Power Stop brakes should be fully compatible. I will likely be changing them out later this week. I still have to order the parts though, but they definitely need to be done.

Have you seen this site, made in the USA. this is for a GT but look around the site for your model.

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/Premium-Dimpled-and-Slotted-Brake-Rotors.php?did=32050

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived