LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

That's not the easiest site to navigate. At least on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Google Chrome as a browser, for its translation, and search directly on Yahoo Japan Auctions. You can do broad searches with “BL” or “BP” as a search word and then choose the appropriate categories to focus your search. On the page of any item you find on YJA there is a link for Buyee at the top of the page.

That should be all you have to do for the fronts, rears are completely PnP. I haven't tried mounting the fronts on the car yet but the mounting points look to be identical. WRX USA is the only other person who's done this that I know of and could confirm that before I could get a chance to test mount. I can snap a few pics of them when after work today either way.

LOL I was reading your previous posts thinking “hey I did that”. As you figured out, you just need the drill out the plastic rivets and remove the screws. I think I used epoxy to put them back together (in the places where the plastic rivets were gone).

Had a bit of a science experiment day yesterday. Tore into the trans from Scruit's car, which had been towed by the front wheels. The trans proper is fine, but the center diff was well seized and one preload washer was shattered. Managed to open the non-serviceable center diff, and found that the clutch disks in the viscous coupling were cooked. Trans is totally repairable, and the FSM is very thorough when it comes to shimming/lash setting procedures so I think I'll give it a shot. Why not?

Highlight was teardown of the seized EJ255 that came with my wagon when I bought it. Attached pictures show the absolute worst rod bearing I've ever seen. Paper thin. It actually got pounded so hard it extruded into the gap between the rod and crank. The piston on that rod was damn near brand new - it almost looks like someone tried to replace the piston and replaced the bearing 'for good measure', and didn't check clearances or anything. Super tight bearing = extrusion?

Surprised that the case halves are good - guess I have a set now.

20191221_170301.thumb.jpg.2c0aa4319c766a5f5a07925df9d818dd.jpg

20191221_170211.thumb.jpg.e1e469e7f2266c114c3e9377e01d0e91.jpg

What is this site you are on?

Yahoo jp auctions. Scroll up some and wrx USA helpfully explains it for me lol.

That's where everyone sources their uber cool sooper jdm gearz. And I'm sure other legit stuff. I'm just wanting cosmetic stuff until someone tells me about some other thing I just just have.

Well I just want tail lights and the c, d, and rear black trim. Maybe jdm headlights although I haven't looked much into those. If I'm feeling really rich, an outback rear bumper.

My obxt will most likely never see a track and won't get lowered, so as far as know, I don't need any parts.

Well I just want tail lights and the c, d, and rear black trim. Maybe jdm headlights although I haven't looked much into those. If I'm feeling really rich, an outback rear bumper.

My obxt will most likely never see a track and won't get lowered, so as far as know, I don't need any parts.

There's some really sweet LED tails on there right now.

On an 08-09 USDM Outback anything on the front clip of a D-F JDM Outback won’t swap over without converting the entire front end to JDM (fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, grille). I bought a front bumper thinking I could easily swap to the 05-09 aluminum hood and found out the hard way that it wasn’t that easy.

Picked up a nice little EFR7670 single scroll set up that’ll be going in next year with a semi built EJ257 to make north of 300wkw(402whp) and keep the car reasonably responsive.

49261956001_e80b208b24_h.jpg

49261484033_22d2d22421_h.jpg

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

I understand you have bigger cams, did you discuss with GSC about what they were porting on the heads ?

I have stock cams, I recall the thread over on NASIOC about being careful what the shop ported.

All my porting was done down around the valve pocket and thinning the divider, the port exit was left alone to keep the velocity of the exhaust gas speed.

It's pretty much the same as you had done. Not much porting on the exhaust side, just 5 angle valve job with some bowl/pocket blending and knife edge etc. I'm excited to see what the numbers will be after everything is done. Should work well with 9.0:1 99.75mm cp pistons, FP Green HTZ and flex fuel.

Had a bit of a science experiment day yesterday. Tore into the trans from Scruit's car, which had been towed by the front wheels. The trans proper is fine, but the center diff was well seized and one preload washer was shattered. Managed to open the non-serviceable center diff, and found that the clutch disks in the viscous coupling were cooked. Trans is totally repairable, and the FSM is very thorough when it comes to shimming/lash setting procedures so I think I'll give it a shot. Why not?

Highlight was teardown of the seized EJ255 that came with my wagon when I bought it. Attached pictures show the absolute worst rod bearing I've ever seen. Paper thin. It actually got pounded so hard it extruded into the gap between the rod and crank. The piston on that rod was damn near brand new - it almost looks like someone tried to replace the piston and replaced the bearing 'for good measure', and didn't check clearances or anything. Super tight bearing = extrusion?

Surprised that the case halves are good - guess I have a set now.

I think I know what happened there.... I've done similar...

Scotty