LegacyGT.com

Magnusonsubie's 05 LGT Wagon thread.

How are the ohlins? Didn't see your update, when did you get those? What were you upgrading from? You're lgt is perfect! I have similar goals (I.e. jdm bumper, ohlins etc).
The Ohlins are great. I got them from legacybt at the end of January. Huge upgrade from the ISC N1 coils I had.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 speed is in. Could have been done in 2 days between tear down and reassembly but I got impatient with the clutch master upon reassembly and it worked for a little and then it didn't. Finally put my old master cylinder back in, bled the system and got it all back together. Now I need to find a shift knob as the stock one is kinda unsightly and very worn. And I'll probably order a Cobb short throw for it since the shift feels miles long

2005 Vader Wagon

• 8 months later...
are those the S402 fenders?
Nope. Like WRX USA said the S402 ones have the fake vent that is just for looks.
This is rad. Glad to see you were able to get the front end all swapped. Did you get the MD2S in the headlights?
Yup. Forgot to adjust them so they are pretty much pointed at the ground though. Oh well. They put out fantastic out put though.
Do you store your car in a shipping container?
Yup. The storage place has a bunch of 40' containers that they put a wall in the middle of. The one I'm in is divided into a 30' side and 10' side. I've got the 30' side so I've got a bunch of spare parts in there as well as my motorcycle and still there's quite a bit of room inside the box.

2005 Vader Wagon

Unpopular (and worthless opinion) I think I like your other bumper better. I like the sqaured off look it has with the lip. Not really a fan of the "wings" on the side. If the middle was filled in, it would be no contest though.
I actually prefer the lower half of the other bumper as well. There's an Australian that molded the top half of a facelift bumper together with the bottom half of a prefacelift bumper. He parted out his sedan and I actually offered to buy and ship his bumper to the States but he'd never give me a shipping quote and then I found out he'd bought a wagon and was putting it on there. 8b7b9a5584e7ee90742eeaa7e451936e.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

Unpopular (and worthless opinion) I think I like your other bumper better. I like the sqaured off look it has with the lip. Not really a fan of the "wings" on the side. If the middle was filled in, it would be no contest though.

I think it depends on the color. Face lifted JDM SpecB bumper looks great in white IMO, maybe silver. Contrast. Looks not so great on dark color. I contemplated installing it bumper on my ABP wagon (even had it, just needed fenders) when I had hood replaced, but ultimately decided against it.

Frankly, now I think the original JDM GT bumper might be the best looking one for the car. Very few folks with that bumper around in the US.

For reference, I hate the bugeye 3-piece front lip,

http://i29.tinypic.com/25grk2q.jpg

but I absolutely love the JDM facelift Legacy bumper. It's my favorite front end from any Legacy ever. It looks awesome to me. It's one of the reasons why I wish I found a LGT wagon instead of my OBXT and it makes me sad that I can't use it.

Nope. Like WRX USA said the S402 ones have the fake vent that is just for looks. Yup. Forgot to adjust them so they are pretty much pointed at the ground though. Oh well. They put out fantastic out put though. Yup. The storage place has a bunch of 40' containers that they put a wall in the middle of. The one I'm in is divided into a 30' side and 10' side. I've got the 30' side so I've got a bunch of spare parts in there as well as my motorcycle and still there's quite a bit of room inside the box.

just to add. the s402 fenders are also 20mm wider at the crown and about $800 each, if you find them.

Been awhile since an update. About to head back to work again but had to get it all ready so it can get dropped to the body shop before I get back again.

noticed that the B and C black pillars don't have the top airbag hole. are you planning to cut holes for them? i had to buy mine from europe to get the ones with holes.

noticed that the B and C black pillars don't have the top airbag hole. are you planning to cut holes for them? i had to buy mine from europe to get the ones with holes.
Probably won't cut holes I'll probably find a way for the airbag to be secure behind the pillar without it showing through via the hole that the factory pillars have

2005 Vader Wagon

^ A B C pillar , use yours and cover with fabric . same as s402 that are cover with grey sti fabric . the tbsti pillar are black plastic , but no airbarg mounting .

you only need to purchase the B pillar to salvage the sliding section for the belt , cause you can not cover that . so magnusosubie , cover your B pillar with fabric , switch the black inner section and purchase the black cap for the hole screw .

you usually dont cover the D pillar and tailgate trim cause it will be easy to rip when you load stuff( wagon of course ) !

when you do update my thread conversion black with pics ;)

good to see you back moussaillon !

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to share some information. I've been a big time lurker here on the forums doing my own (undocumented) JDM wagon build.

I recently did the JDM black interior conversion and after doing it, madrig's way is the best. I was recently in Japan this past winter and I was lucky enough to be able to communicate to the dealer that I was looking to buy the black SRS caps madrig mentioned in his thread. After a 30min google translate conversation with him, he ordered them for me. mardrig already had the part numbers for the B pillar cap, and now i'd like to share the part numbers for the C pillar since i haven't seen it posted here.

Black SRS C Pillar Cap: LH - 94067AG130JC/ RH - 94076AG120JC

But since you already have the TBSTI plastic parts, I can show you what i did to make mines fit originally. I'm deciding to do it madrig's way because i'd like to retain the safety of the car just in case the airbag did deploy.

The JDM TBSTI trim is held on with one green clip on top. Actually, if you cut the plastic airbag bracket, the USDM B pillar has the hole to mount the JDM trim right above the where the USDM pillar bolts into. I think the main issue with this is that in the event of a collision, if the side airbags deploy, the TBSTI trim might get un-clipped and possibly hit someone in the head hence why the USDM one is bolted in place and which is why I'm redoing my interior and just wrapping the old tan pieces but using the JDM black SRS caps. Hope i was of some help to you guys.

IMG_2799.thumb.JPG.b993c8274c551d058b77c5f8ce08284f.JPG

IMG_6728.thumb.JPG.ec23a8c3109ed98236994ab35275fbd4.JPG

IMG_8973.thumb.JPG.c596ac7e8a4ae5685320dbf61051ca62.JPG

IMG_0166.thumb.JPG.976c2dd4445bdfa8b68797a3a95ede02.JPG

^ A B C pillar , use yours and cover with fabric . same as s402 that are cover with grey sti fabric . the tbsti pillar are black plastic , but no airbarg mounting .

you only need to purchase the B pillar to salvage the sliding section for the belt , cause you can not cover that . so magnusosubie , cover your B pillar with fabric , switch the black inner section and purchase the black cap for the hole screw .

you usually dont cover the D pillar and tailgate trim cause it will be easy to rip when you load stuff( wagon of course ) !

when you do update my thread conversion black with pics ;)

good to see you back moussaillon !

That's how I did mine too, just with dark grey Alcantara, which I covered the light airbag cap with too. Only downside is the light coloured seatbelt bracket/mount at the top since I used the existing belts which won't be a problem for you with the correct ones. Black plastic takes away from the premium feel of the dark interior I reckon.

Like the pics of the new 2020 Legacy. The bottom half of the interior looks quite nice but the halfway cutoff to light grey/cream looks rubbish. Especially in the pics with the brown leather seats and accents.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

• 6 months later...
Beautiful build. Love the wheel setup. Do all JDM facelift headlights have the DRL strip like that? Is the black interior plastics & headliner only in TBSTI or regular JDM specB?

that type of drl light is found in the post facelift jdm lamps only. you have to do the full front conversion, bumper, supports, lamps, fenders and liners. all said and done, about a $5k (no paint work).

no, other bp5 came with black interiors, not just tbsti, spec and s402. headliners are close to $1500 to ship. better to replace your fabric. although that being said, the foam on the headline might need to be replaced too. mine was in good condition.

would say to do the all black interior you'd spend $3k and a hell of a lot of time looking for parts. i bought the last 2yds of subaru black fabric in the US last year, no more. 50% of the trim parts aren't in production anymore. the bp5 is almost 15 yrs old.

if you're just starting to think about these conversions, have deep pockets and a lot of time. i started back in 2014 and only have 60% done. i could have bought a small island for what is have in this puppy.

• 4 months later...
Cars still sitting in storage in the same spot it's been since I parked it last year around this time. At one point my friend went and pulled the exhaust to put in a new resonator as while j was in school is drug it across every speed bump on campus and it had some holes in it so he put a new one in. No idea how it sounds yet but I will get to hear it in March. Going to be home for hopefully a couple months. Plan is to get my parents to load it up and take it to the body shop shortly to get it painted so I can pick it up right when I get home and finish up the interior. Worked a ton this past year and the truck is now paid off and I've set aside a good amount so hopefully this year will see the Legacy getting its own garage and not a storage unit.

2005 Vader Wagon