LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I picked up 3 of the Power Steering O-Rings.

Now I just need to wait for the weather to cooperate.

Anyone know what the correct torque amount is when putting the bolt back on?

SC

That would be tight. I didn't torque mine when I replaced it.

You should know when its tight enough.

THe service manual will have it...in the pictures of the unit and hardware.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Don’t overtighten the bolt for the pump though. The plastic fitting is old and prone to cracking if you get too crazy with it. Ask me how I know.... I ended up using JB weld over the fitting and the bolt to prevent it leaking and sucking in air. Couldn’t find any pumps in the junkyard and used OEM pumps are expensive.

Everything is now ordered or en route for the JDM facelift. Fenders and headlights should be arriving this week. Hopefully the bumper does as well.

Decided to be a little extra and got a S402 grill with emblem. It's showing some signs of wear but nothing that can't be rehabed. Also had trouble finding the exact STI lip that is recommended for the BP9 2.0GT bumper so I bought one new from Nengun and also found the STI rubber strip for the lip on Japan Parts.

Also went ahead and picked up some more parts for the eventual turbo upgrade. Got the killer b oil pan, pick-up, windage tray, and IAG turbo feed lines. In addition to that I purchased the rear oil galley adaptor bolt and oil pan adapter bolt so I can run the STI Defi gauge sensors to those locations since I'll need to be removing the sandwich plate for the headers.

I think I said back in December I wasn't buying anymore parts until spring of this year. What a crock that was.

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT

Got it out of the garage this weekend to stretch its legs during this unusually warm spell we're having. Also swapped out the Forge BPV for a Turbosmart Kompact. Strange thing I noticed; was getting around -10.4-10.6 vacuum after throttle lift-off and coasting on the Forge. After the TS Kompact install I'm getting upwards of -11.2-11.4 vacuum now during the same lift-off. Don't know what this means so anyone who does feel free to chime in. Something tells me this might mean my Forge was leaky.

My wife has been complaining about the brightness of the headlights for a while now, so I finally got off my butt and picked up a set of Hikari LEDs and a 3M restoration kit.

A hundred bucks and maybe an hour's worth of work and the difference is ENORMOUS. At least two or three times as much light. Totally worth it.

Although it was a few weeks ago, I also rigged up an aftermarket Dash Cam/Backup Cam and I'm very happy with that too. The whole thing fits over your existing rear view mirror and although you CAN rig it to only show the camera view when you have it in reverse, I actually mounted the rear camera at the top of the rear window and have it on full time. Because it has wide angle lens, it basically eliminates your blind spots entirely and makes it MUCH easier to judge lane changes and such in traffic.

Everything is now ordered or en route for the JDM facelift. Fenders and headlights should be arriving this week. Hopefully the bumper does as well.

What's the level of effort in putting a new front bumper on? Mine is a bit mangled right now and I've been thinking about replacing it, but I haven't been super concerned about cosmetic stuff while I've been handling more functional issues with the car.

If your just doing a replacement it's easy enough. Remove the grill, 1-2 (can't remember exactly) bolts by each headlight and a bolt on each fender well. Unplug your fogs, if applicable, and it will come off.

I'm doing more than just a bumper replacement. I'm upgrading from USDM pre-facelift to JDM facelift which requires new/different fenders, headlights, grill, bumper, shorter bumper beam, and fender linings. Mine is the white and how it currently sits, when done it will have the style of the black.

USDM.jpg.21a35acbcb1e1fc8dc48ba573344379a.jpg

JDM.thumb.png.0544335973ccb9423ade6b184328f4ef.png

Mine is the white and how it currently sits, when done it will have the style of the black.

So yours DOESN'T have the stuffed bunny rabbit. Is what I'm taking away here...

No, that looks great. I wish my OB were worth putting that kind of effort into but it's pushing a quarter-million miles and it's the workhorse of our two vehicles. Plus idiots in Honda Civics keep running into it... (THREE! THREE BLACK HONDA CIVICS!!)

If your just doing a replacement it's easy enough. Remove the grill, 1-2 (can't remember exactly) bolts by each headlight and a bolt on each fender well. Unplug your fogs, if applicable, and it will come off.

I'm doing more than just a bumper replacement. I'm upgrading from USDM pre-facelift to JDM facelift which requires new/different fenders, headlights, grill, bumper, shorter bumper beam, and fender linings. Mine is the white and how it currently sits, when done it will have the style of the black.

[ATTACH]282627[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]282628[/ATTACH]

That is a fantastic front end- do you do anything to the rear fenders? flare them or ?....

I think I said back in December I wasn't buying anymore parts until spring of this year. What a crock that was.

Keep it going, just leave a couple of front ends for me until next year! I had my splurge with 6 speed swap, have to get some other things done before I can get back into fun zone!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

My wife has been complaining about the brightness of the headlights for a while now, so I finally got off my butt and picked up a set of Hikari LEDs and a 3M restoration kit.

A hundred bucks and maybe an hour's worth of work and the difference is ENORMOUS. At least two or three times as much light. Totally worth it.

Spend another $20 and get some Lamin-X overlays on them while they clean. Protect your labor and investment in Hikari LED bulbs - I have them too on all 4 Subarus we have. Lamin-X will keep the headlights clean for years.

Although it was a few weeks ago, I also rigged up an aftermarket Dash Cam/Backup Cam and I'm very happy with that too. The whole thing fits over your existing rear view mirror and although you CAN rig it to only show the camera view when you have it in reverse, I actually mounted the rear camera at the top of the rear window and have it on full time. Because it has wide angle lens, it basically eliminates your blind spots entirely and makes it MUCH easier to judge lane changes and such in traffic.

I have a similar setup from YI and I mounted rear-view camera on the upper plastic trim on rear gate, inside the cabin. This way camera is always clean. YI also mounts over the mirror, and records both front and rear feeds. Caught an accident on I-95S in front of me last snowstorm coming back from Boston. in high-res.

Need to do any conversion for the LED bulbs? They have proper beam pattern and not just a blast of all-directional LED light?

Hikari are somewhat engineered, they are proper(er) H7 replacements than many other LED bulbs i saw. They need to be adjusted by turning the bulb inside the mounting ring to get the pattern right. The cutoff is sharp and I don't think I am blinding anyone - no one flashedat me and I had my son drive behind me in his 05 OB with Hikari installed and it didn't bother me any more then any other car would.

They also fit under headlight covers with the fan and thus do not leave the headlight assembly open to elements/dust.

I have proper Hella3 bi-xenon projectors and adapter frames for Legacy but frankly Hikari were good enough of upgrade from halogen H7 that I keep putting the Hella3 bi-xenon conversion away.

That is a fantastic front end- do you do anything to the rear fenders? flare them or ?....

Nope, they're rolled currently but that's the extent of it. If I remember correctly, madrig measured the width of the car at the front & rear fenders when he made his wide fender kit and the rears are wider to begin with.

Keep it going, just leave a couple of front ends for me until next year! I had my splurge with 6 speed swap, have to get some other things done before I can get back into fun zone!

I think I'm all set and got the one I've want. Maybe pick-up the facelift sti bumper in the distant future just to have options in case I get bored with one look. :lol:

Once this is done I need to get everything remaining for the turbo upgrade and I have everything I need for the brembo upgrades besides the brembos and rotors.

ye tell me about ! i say same, now that my car is painted , project finally finish!

well was not long , new project !

[ATTACH]282630[/ATTACH]

Very nice! I've been trying to find that lip spoiler but I haven't seen any that aren't already attached to a bumper.

Personally my favorite facelift bumper style.

Spend another $20 and get some Lamin-X overlays on them while they clean. Protect your labor and investment in Hikari LED bulbs - I have them too on all 4 Subarus we have. Lamin-X will keep the headlights clean for years.

Dang, good call. I'll get right on that.

I have a similar setup from YI and I mounted rear-view camera on the upper plastic trim on rear gate, inside the cabin. This way camera is always clean. YI also mounts over the mirror, and records both front and rear feeds.

Yup, that's exactly how I did it. it was weird getting used to for a while, but now I really like all the extra visibility it provides. We've got a bunch of YI cameras for the house for security (and watching the local wildlife), I like their stuff.

Caught an accident on I-95S in front of me last snowstorm coming back from Boston. in high-res.

See, there's your problem. There's nothing in Boston except snow, traffic, and Patriots fans.

Well thanks to you guys I just researched YI outdoor cameras for my house the last 30 minutes. Sending payment now...

Did you happen to look down the "search" page results at the COOAU camera's ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No sir and I'm not super savvy with this stuff, but I got a really good price on three cameras ($105 shipped), and I like some of the features compared to other options with regard to powering the units and data storage.

...options with regard to powering the units and data storage.

Yeah, I spent the last year doing a lot of that. We bought a house that's got a really elaborate 1970s NuTone system in it and I really like the aesthetic, so I went through and replaced the '70s guts with Google Home devices, so I've got a lot of practice running USB cabling through walls now. =P

Well thanks to you guys I just researched YI outdoor cameras for my house the last 30 minutes. Sending payment now...

Funny I ordered an indoor one just to try out, heading away for 3 weeks coming up so I grabbed it for $38 shipped just for a piece of mind

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Haha, nice.

Yeah I manage two properties and I've been looking for a setup to keep an eye on everything for awhile now. Some of the shenanigans I've seen just looking out the window at my one unit would have anyone questioning humanity, so it's time I get this done.

On topic, rotors coming tomorrow for my Brembo setup. Can't wait to clean everything up and get these brakes mounted!

Eventually I'll have the money to buy one of the lgt brakes set you all remove for brembos. Every time I think about needing to bleed the brakes I think why not just replace them! Then I remember I just bought a bunch of ski stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk