LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Picked up a set of gold 17x8 RPF1s from a local guy. Tires are meh, but the price was too good to pass up. Now to see if I can get Brembos on Eleanor-Christine (I need a better nickname, it’s getting tedious to type her full name every time.)

Any issues? I've been debating doing the same on my car.

Thanks

Mine failed in two places so dirt got under it and started to peel.

It is a tedious process but make sure to have some 3M general adhesive remover. I left the bumper covered as its still decent.

The paint was protected and I would not hesitate to do it again. Just need to lightly polish the paint then Ill he happy

Got my alignment yesterday and found out I have a frozen tie rod on drivers side. Reads at - 0.60 which sucks but still safe enough to drive to cali for July 4th week.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Getting alignment done today after replacing both control arms and tie rods. Steeering wheel is currently pointing to the left while driving straight. I obviously didn't do a good job with the tie rod installation.

Called the Subaru Dealer in Memphis to get my replacement ECM flashed, they charge $375 to just flash it.... WTH. Guess I'm going to bust out my soldering tools (if I can find them) and see if I can replace it that way.

Edit: Found a Subaru dealer in Nashville that will flash the replacement ECM, but soonest appointment is 5 weeks away...

More calls today for dealers that are 2-4hrs from me.

Edited by Infosecdad

After 220k, pretty much all of the rear suspension's rubber bushings are shot and sadly, all 4 Tokico struts decided to start leaking. The old wagon squeaks and squaks like a Canadian goose.

I have a slew of rear suspension parts with new poly bushings to install over the weekend. ~eyeroll~

Edited by The Yeti71

After 220k, pretty much all of the rear suspension's rubber bushings are shot and sadly, all 4 Tokico struts decided to start leaking. The old wagon squeaks and squaks like a Canadian goose.

I have a slew of rear suspension parts with new poly bushings to install over the weekend. ~eyeroll~

Just did this a little while back. Got access to a press and an air chisel?

Remove 10+ year old 3M clear bra from the hood

ugh, I have to do the same exact thing. Mine is all cracked from the heat cycles over the years. How long did it take you?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Got the results back from the compression and leak-down. Not great, not bad for a 168k mile motor. Looking forward to dyno day and getting away from the Cobb OTS tune.

Cyl 1 - 140 @ 19%

Cyl 2 - 135 @ 19%

Cyl 3 - 130 @ 20%

Cyl 4 - 127 @ 20%

Mine are roughly the same #s with a 127k motor, so not bad at all. Have you sent oil to Blackstone for analysis? It will give you a better idea how the internals are doing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Put the RPF1s on and put the eBay back glass spoiler on. Looks better than expected. Makes me want to ditch the trunk spoiler for a little lip too.

Tried to adjust the BCs but the upper perch kept moving. Anybody have some advice on how to raise these up some? (I want a little more clearance. The suspension hasn't settled in this pic, the tires are almost tucked when it does.)

1858602751_IMG-5430(3).thumb.JPG.aa4a3c2ee77c29246044c5553f913012.JPG

Changed oil, lowered the coilovers to the final summer height and installed a set of SPC camber bolts in the front. Should have booked an alignment sooner but getting that done next weekend

Every time I take my wheels off I lower the sedan just a bit.

Driving the hell out of it. Seems to be running great and it's not using oil. Took it on the first long trip 300 miles round-trip and no real issues. First 3k mile oil change is coming up and I'll be sending in the first Blackstone UOA. Fingers crossed..

The wagon is garaged and not going anywhere till I can do a major overhaul. I'm pretty committed to keeping it though.

Installed JDM visors, now waiting 24hrs to let them settle before I drive the car. Loving the look, maybe next weekend I'll install the carbon fiber duck bill. I'm debating going with the BMW method of installing rear spoilers and bypassing the double sided tape all together.

Don’t have the right tooling for soldering the 8-pin immobilizer chip, so I’m going the route that I have a better background in. I’ve ordered the hardware to read/write the eeprom and clone my values to the replacement ECU. Should have it all on Tue or Wed.

Also seriously considering going from the stock side feed 550cc injectors to 740cc injectors... just can’t find any in the classifieds at the moment.

So I have had a busy last 2 days, starting work at noon yesterday and going till 10:30 last night then back at it at about 11 this morning and finishing up about an hour ago.

Long story short I've had a JDM 2.0 GT front end with the facelift done on my car for almost 2 years. My car is 2005 swp, and well it was black. I've been officially sick of it lately and since the long weekend has been on us north of the boarder here (not sure if you 'muricans have it too since the 4th is on thursday for you) I decided to go at it since we were having good weather for once!

I removed all the panels and sanded them down with 320 grit and scuffed all the panels, primed and painted them with the closest match I could find without going to a paint shop for them to mix and can themselves. After I primed I wet sanded and primed again, after that paint, wet sand, paint again with another wet sand to smooth out the finish. I still have to do clear coming up but I'm happy with the results so far. I also used this opportunity to install my JDM oem optional side skirts, I love the look of em!

1.thumb.jpg.be38f6bab077c3091a74ddf8e7a2bff4.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.d00268a93f864e23a93110e0deea7b32.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.3a73e555dd5551e77eb1f335e7f4723a.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.ebef1ed89085feb3f84d8690b9a509f7.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.fa704a1851f72c705ae8e40c67eb4085.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.94f619e4d1f28ed8b8d0090e86f46807.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.9f9dee16d61f57e9f337d4b4289e8d3e.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.79ffd70d1997b61a1ea5641792fae7ab.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.4a99683b3fa70f6e73fcb071a51dfe55.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.2e7a1d13e06499eda2aac972081b761d.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Charged up the battery and started it and let it run a bit.. Also: took a bunch of pictures of parts, etc, and put up a part-out thread:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ca-bay-area-2005-legacy-gt-many-performance-parts-fixxer-279385.html

Anyone in the bay area wants a bunch of performance parts and other parts + running/tuned engine cheap, have a peek. In a week or two, turns into a regular part-out..

Finally installed the upgraded front/rear sways with endlinks and AVO reinforcement brackets. Why I waited so long to do so is beyond me, the car feels tremendously more planted. As in significantly less body roll and unless I am going crazy the T1's are handling road imperfections better.

As of today all I have to do is take the driver side axle off to replace the leaking axle seal, install the carbon fiber duck bill, replace the window tinting and remove the 3m clear bra that has more surface scars than the surface of the moon.

Swapped out the 11 year old OEM fuel pressure regulator for a new OEM one over my lunch break. Thanks to the awesome info on this forum (zip-tie method) and a small right-angle screwdriver set I saved myself $100+ from the dealership. Strong smell of gas on the vacuum hose and vacuum port on the old FPR - curious how it will affect fueling if at all.