LegacyGT.com

the 3rd Gen pic thread...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! Nice looking rides here... I'm all wagon ;)

I own the 98 Legacy GT-B EJ208 BH5 JDM

Any ideas on where I can find a good source for aftermarket parts?? ... say for short shifters, sway bars and cold air??

I also really want to do a full straight pipe + down pipe from the turbo's to the muffler...

Anything helps!

IMG_1582.thumb.jpg.47a9b93f6e720d0b7eb0f2cabb641439.jpg

1517199_570827056431842_1842220018_n_002.thumb.jpg.028acc67457947cb4b7acbd3b592c2e8.jpg

Hey nice looking BH5! My fav!

Any ideas for aftermarket parts??

Swaybars and little suspension goodies I would suggest Whiteline - easy to get in Canada although lead time can be slow. There are lots of bits to get but I would start by replacing the endlinks on your front and rear bars. Makes a big difference for turn in response and understeer.

Performance parts can be a bit trickier. I had an exhaust custom made for by GTB and couldn't be happier. Apexi makes a good cone filter intake - kind of expensive once shipping is factored in though (for what it is).

In alberta there is a shop that can tune the car and get another 40whp out of it without any supporting mods.

You should check out Western Subaru Clubs forum as they have a whole JDM section and lots of really intelligent people. Unfortunately, LegacyGT forums are a little sparse on JDM knowledge IMO.

Swaybars and little suspension goodies I would suggest Whiteline - easy to get in Canada although lead time can be slow. There are lots of bits to get but I would start by replacing the endlinks on your front and rear bars. Makes a big difference for turn in response and understeer.

Performance parts can be a bit trickier. I had an exhaust custom made for by GTB and couldn't be happier. Apexi makes a good cone filter intake - kind of expensive once shipping is factored in though (for what it is).

In alberta there is a shop that can tune the car and get another 40whp out of it without any supporting mods.

You should check out Western Subaru Clubs forum as they have a whole JDM section and lots of really intelligent people. Unfortunately, LegacyGT forums are a little sparse on JDM knowledge IMO.

Thanks the info man. This car is a mixed bag of subaru parts. Does the Apexei cone filter and duct require a sensor? Silly question I know...

Nope, new sensor not required as it bolts on after the MAF so you can keep the stock sensor. You may want to get your MAF cleaned though -- its pretty quick and easy to do yourself. You can get MAF cleaner at Canadian Tire.

I'd post a pic of the filter installed but my car is at the shop getting painted. I'll post one later for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my luxury "STi" :lol:

Current mods: Some sort of an intake, HKS SSQV, Uprgraded clutch by XtremeClutch, PLX wideband, IHI VF35 single turbo running at 1bar or 14psi with a MBC, 3" downpipe, STi pistons and full engine rebuild by a professional, and last but not least a 340LPH fuel pump.

Future plans: PnP Standalone ecu and later a Holset HX35 or a TD06-20G with supporting mods.

Pics:

d5bc6237-a2c2-42a9-a907-b67a5d694905.large.jpg

fd6c7575-9ec9-4f25-87ed-d430dec7ae90.large.jpg

2aca84b6-9042-461a-b9d2-4dc666715f49.large.jpg

bda6be83-fbc3-441b-90ec-c8f9a7b3dcdb.large.jpg

That wheel is out of an 03 STi. You just need to remove that black plastic thing from the STi wheel connecror (as seen in the pic) to get the legacy's airbag connector fit in there. I carefully removed it with a knife. After that it's a direct fit.

107247150__1.JPG.4036c786462b88cff884a4f48a2bec6e.JPG

That wheel is out of an 03 STi. You just need to remove that black plastic thing from the STi wheel connecror (as seen in the pic) to get the legacy's airbag connector fit in there. I carefully removed it with a knife. After that it's a direct fit.

I did the same thing with the black plastic thing on fitting a later STI bag to a wooden momo wheel, glad I'm not the only crazy one that tried that

• 4 months later...