LegacyGT.com

Rear speakers wagon

where are you lookin? I see way more 6.5" around personally

I'm looking on Crutchfield. Thinking either Kicker CS components or Polk DXI's. Both have shallow mounting depths. Just gotta decide whether I want titanium of silk tweeters.

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/9065/9065131_500x500_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/8804/8804045_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

I'm still running whatever Subaru put in the doors back in 1997. I replaced the head unit first and the speakers sound OK still so replacing them is further down the list.

They are a whole lot better than one of the original door speakers that was in the '88 Pulsar we had- all of the paper from the cone was gone except for one little piece . Needless to say it no longer worked...

I'm still running whatever Subaru put in the doors back in 1997. I replaced the head unit first and the speakers sound OK still so replacing them is further down the list.

They are a whole lot better than one of the original door speakers that was in the '88 Pulsar we had- all of the paper from the cone was gone except for one little piece . Needless to say it no longer worked...

You know what I thought was funny while going through that process? I replaced my head unit first and it made a huge difference in sound quality. Then I replaced all the speakers with nice polk 2 ways and the difference wasn't that big. You'd kind of think it would be the other way around.

sound quality in the HUs has increased a ton over the past 17 years, changing out the HU will make a large difference in sound quality. not to mention that any electronic device running for 10+ years will definitely sound worse than one that was brand new. i had some vintage stage monitors that had their original 13" ceramic subs still, they sounded as good at 15 years old than they did new. when i replaced them with a new sub, the sound changed overall, and didnt have the same warm sound as the old subs. the speakers will make a decent difference if your speakers are really far gone as well, but if the speakers werent crap, changing to new ones would not make huge gains.

Archived