LegacyGT.com

Seicane Radio Halp?

Hia! I’m reaching out with information regarding the seicane radio, I’ve had nothing but trouble with them and now stuck with it and don’t ever want to do business with them and suggest the same.

Plugging in their connectors I get no audio, they say over and over it’s plug and play and nothing is needed for Harmon Kardon, but I get no audio out. Do I have to splice?

Also steering wheel controls, how do those hook up? They have their wires marked TX and RX but our cotrols are not serial and have 3 connections?

I paid for it, can’t return it so I might as well get it to work instead of wasting $500. Anyone have this that can provide help?

Sorry for your issues but this CRAP coming out of China that promises the world is GARBAGE. I know folks years ago that tried these types of radios and they are all ****. The Limited has an HK amp that is not compatible with what you are attempting to do. Trying to bypass it is also a MAJOR PITA.

Your best bet is to chalk it up to a VERY bad purchasing decision and put a nice Pioneer, Alpine or Kenwood in it with a steering wheel control module and call it a day!

I know, I’ve had a android Headunit. I specifically chose this because it looks nice. I have nothing wrong with the factory unit. It’s just a cool thing. There is nothing on the legacy’s and stuff, a lot on the WRX BUT THAT ONE WORKS ARGH :mad: so guess I was stupid thinking oh how could be a different case, I know there is an adapter to get audio but I still want steering controls. Not dealing with it I have 20 other projects.

Anyone want it for $450 :p it’s a really amazing unit with no problems :lol:

hold up, did you read their disclaimers?

If you are unsure about its compatibility with your car, please send us a picture of your car’s dashboard with the year and model of your car included.

for the 5th gen cars, they state it will not work with cars that come with OEM external amps.

While the unit for my 14 legacy does have some shortcomings, installation was not one of them. Almost 100% plug and play. I had to order an adapter for Subaru's Nissan antenna (da fudge?) and an adapter for the USB ports to work in the car.

To get your unit to work, first, put it on a test bench and make sure that when you apply power and connect some speakers, it works. it could be a dead unit audio wise.

also not a bad idea to load what you want on it before you stick it in the car.

Their customer support will work with you to get the unit going. They respond within 24 hours. (Remember they are on the opposite side of the planet)

If you are unsure about its compatibility with your car, please send us a picture of your car’s dashboard with the year and model of your car included.

for the 5th gen cars, they state it will not work with cars that come with OEM external amps.

While the unit for my 14 legacy does have some shortcomings, installation was not one of them. Almost 100% plug and play. I had to order an adapter for Subaru's Nissan antenna (da fudge?) and an adapter for the USB ports to work in the car.

To get your unit to work, first, put it on a test bench and make sure that when you apply power and connect some speakers, it works. it could be a dead unit audio wise.

Their customer support will work with you to get the unit going. They respond within 24 hours. (Remember they are on the opposite side of the planet)

So this will work with my 17 Legacy? I have no amp

OP,

What did you find out? Did you test the unit like I asked? (all you need is a car battery and some jumper wires or what I did in my case is threw it on the test bench and then fed it 13V from a regulated power supply and then connected a few speakers to it and it worked. I have had mine for a few months now and it works very well

I did, I fought with them endlessly about it its one place where I had trouble, getting it ordered *cough* and I quote

"This OEM aftermarket radio GPS for 2015 Subaru Legacy OUTBACK with 10.35 Inch HD 1280*480 Touch Screen, It is plug-and-play and compatible with original Harman Kardon speakers and subwoofer, Without any need for rewiring or cutting wires, you will find the installation to be very simple. You can make it your own stereo by customizing the button light color, booting logo, wallpaper, main menu as per your preference" and countless questions "does it work with my 2015-2016 Harmon kardon

and no their customer service is sh*t I asked "okay well where do I connect the amp enable line at and the response I got was "to the amp" Oh no sh*t Sherlock

So don't talk to me like im an idiot like they do, they advertise it as plug and play, they advertise it working with 2015-2016 Harmon Kardon, they advertise 2-5 day professing time, I told them I have harmon kardon. All of this is lies I dont even want to reason with them and they wont even let me return it so. the only thing I can assume from what I found out they did not send the little red box that connects to a connector.

Even if I went through the mess of doing that I still wouldn't have steering wheel controls,

Mom

I did, I fought with them endlessly about it its one place where I had trouble, getting it ordered *cough* and I quote

"This OEM aftermarket radio GPS for 2015 Subaru Legacy OUTBACK with 10.35 Inch HD 1280*480 Touch Screen, It is plug-and-play and compatible with original Harman Kardon speakers and subwoofer, Without any need for rewiring or cutting wires, you will find the installation to be very simple. You can make it your own stereo by customizing the button light color, booting logo, wallpaper, main menu as per your preference" and countless questions "does it work with my 2015-2016 Harmon kardon

and no their customer service is sh*t I asked "okay well where do I connect the amp enable line at and the response I got was "to the amp" Oh no sh*t Sherlock

So don't talk to me like im an idiot like they do, they advertise it as plug and play, they advertise it working with 2015-2016 Harmon Kardon, they advertise 2-5 day professing time, I told them I have harmon kardon. All of this is lies I dont even want to reason with them and they wont even let me return it so. the only thing I can assume from what I found out they did not send the little red box that connects to a connector.

Even if I went through the mess of doing that I still wouldn't have steering wheel controls,

Jeez dude.... try a little patience... did you verify the harness is wired right? Amp enable goes to switched power that come on when the radio does. I am pretty sure that the radio does work in your application because it puts out speaker level audio and it will over drive the car amplifier...

Sorry but when I pay $600 for something and it says 3-5 day processing and it ends up being 3x that, being told that their warehouse will not send it and them saying sending it is optional anyway that "they will try their best". I'm going to be agitated. Harness is correct unless the ones they show. Its supposed to be plug and play. I paid $500 extra so I could just put it in. If I wanted to monkey dick around trying to get everything to work I would of gotten a $100 one. Yes thats how it should work but the line they have marked "AMP-CON" goes to some ass connector that doesn't even plug into the car it goes to a connector that also contains the harmon kardon comm lines, and acc and constant. witch that red box plugs into I've traced down. Its not even woth buying and wasting my time on because steering wheel controls dont work but are connected. this is why im done with this thing, I not playing find the wire. And again I asked them if thats what I needed and got some vague answer that im not even going to look what it was

Sorry but when I pay $600 for something and it says 3-5 day processing and it ends up being 3x that, being told that their warehouse will not send it and them saying sending it is optional anyway that "they will try their best". I'm going to be agitated. Harness is correct unless the ones they show. Its supposed to be plug and play. I paid $500 extra so I could just put it in. If I wanted to monkey dick around trying to get everything to work I would of gotten a $100 one. Yes thats how it should work but the line they have marked "AMP-CON" goes to some ass connector that doesn't even plug into the car it goes to a connector that also contains the harmon kardon comm lines, and acc and constant. witch that red box plugs into I've traced down. Its not even woth buying and wasting my time on because steering wheel controls dont work but are connected. this is why im done with this thing, I not playing find the wire. And again I asked them if thats what I needed and got some vague answer that im not even going to look what it was

OK

go to their website

go to your radio

click on install instructions and get here

https://www.seicane.com/2017-subaru-legacy-outback-cd-radio-upgrade-repalcement-installation-guide-s081993

CLICK ON THE GIANT INSTALLATION BUTTON

now at the very top is a wiring diagram for the unit. Do you see what is missing? There are no line level outputs to feed your car's built in amplifier for the Harmon Kardin system

Next start with this quick overview

TBH: this is pretty comical at this point i'm actually glad I sent another message. Now to go confuse some chinks with sarcasm! Ill be back!

You need one of these (not this exact one, this just an example)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C4G7H3G/ref=twister_B07CT9XJ1J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

IF you want this to work you will have to wire it so that the radio output goes into that and then that goes to the Car's Aplifier

I have explained why it does not work, given you some ideas on how to get it to work... but nope, you got to hurl some racist remarks in there because you were not diligent enough to confirm that the unit would work with your car.

Oh yes sorry I'm an idiot for thinking a product that is advertised as working with Harmon Kardon and even being told so the same thing, that was bad buying ethics on me and I was not diligent.

You haven't done much but posted a link with only their pinout witch I've already figured out and the subaru pinnouts. I've spent a lot of time looking into this and thats why i'm pissed everything is wired right, and go exactly where it is supposed to. steering wheel controls are also correct and Subarus use the resistance model that they use to read. I've researched everything. People get it to work by plugging it in and done.

Even If I get my own connectors and wire it like the video it would be the exact same thing I have now. This actually has the special Harmon Kardon plugs and again wired exactly how he would have it based off Subarus information AND HIS WORKS he does not have some $400 system that sits between. So please go on about me needing that. I KNOW everything is correct and thats why im pissed, not at you, but because I blew $600. Almost didnt get it till I bitched at them so loud they probably heard me in their sweatshop from over here. And have been constantly insulted. Im not this type of person. I *hate* having to be this person but im left with no other recourse. This is not some $2 dildo. Dont know if your an adult, doubt it, but I have a $600 paperweight that is a lot of money just gone. Some people have to work hard for what they got and when they get bent over hard things aint gonna be pretty. I am sorry you've had to meet me this way but thats life kid

@bsheaffer - I realize that you're frustrated, but it's past time to dial back the offensive language. Besides being uncivil and impolite, it's a violation of forum rules. First and last warning.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived