LegacyGT.com

The Offical LOW Legacy thread Volume-2

SBT

Im hoping with rolled fenders ill be able to pull off my 18x8.5 +44s on 255/35 18s. Always wanted a meaty tire, hate stretched, but now im thinking i shouldve stuck with a 235 or 245. Any thoughts as to if a roll will get it done or if i have to pull them? Trying to avoid that...I don't mind raising it up a bit, but im not that low to begin with.

Im hoping with rolled fenders ill be able to pull off my 18x8.5 +44s on 255/35 18s. Always wanted a meaty tire, hate stretched, but now im thinking i shouldve stuck with a 235 or 245. Any thoughts as to if a roll will get it done or if i have to pull them? Trying to avoid that...I don't mind raising it up a bit, but im not that low to begin with.

Really depends on how low you are but I would expect you will have to at least to a slight pull in the front. Even on 235/40s on a 9.5 et38 I had to do some slight pulling in the front so I wouldn't rub. A 235 on a 8.5 would only be slightly stretched anyways :p

Really depends on how low you are but I would expect you will have to at least to a slight pull in the front. Even on 235/40s on a 9.5 et38 I had to do some slight pulling in the front so I wouldn't rub. A 235 on a 8.5 would only be slightly stretched anyways :p

howd u do the pull method? car is in for paint so id like to do it beforehand so it doesnt crack...No splash guards with the new bumper etc. so i dont have to worry about that at least.

Ya, I shouldve gone with a 245 setup, but i wanted more meat. oh well...guess i need to pull after all, or maybe stick with the weak 7.5s or the 8" SSRs time being

howd u do the pull method? car is in for paint so id like to do it beforehand so it doesnt crack...No splash guards with the new bumper etc. so i dont have to worry about that at least.

Ya, I shouldve gone with a 245 setup, but i wanted more meat. oh well...guess i need to pull after all, or maybe stick with the weak 7.5s or the 8" SSRs time being

I personally do it with phone books and a heat gun. I know some people use a fender roller to pull their fenders but you end up getting the edges of the fender flared out which I don't really like. Just heat up the paint like you would before doing a fender roll, jack up the car, place a phone book between the tire and the fender and then lower the jack. I will usually place a couple of 2x4 pieces under the tire to have it compress and then usually will hop on the door sill a little to let it settle. Start off small and work your way up. Once you remove the phone book the fender will go back in a decent amount. Sorry if that's super confusing

I personally do it with phone books and a heat gun. I know some people use a fender roller to pull their fenders but you end up getting the edges of the fender flared out which I don't really like. Just heat up the paint like you would before doing a fender roll, jack up the car, place a phone book between the tire and the fender and then lower the jack. I will usually place a couple of 2x4 pieces under the tire to have it compress and then usually will hop on the door sill a little to let it settle. Start off small and work your way up. Once you remove the phone book the fender will go back in a decent amount. Sorry if that's super confusing

No i get it. Just seems super shady lol. i think ill just roll for now and get 245 35s instead, too risky on fresh paint

No i get it. Just seems super shady lol. i think ill just roll for now and get 245 35s instead, too risky on fresh paint

Honestly I find it the easiest way to get a consistent pull which you can't really get with a fender roller unless you're a rolling god. It's a pretty common method that I've seen used on a lot of cars but to each to their own. You could always test fit first and see if you even need to pull your fenders

Honestly I find it the easiest way to get a consistent pull which you can't really get with a fender roller unless you're a rolling god. It's a pretty common method that I've seen used on a lot of cars but to each to their own. You could always test fit first and see if you even need to pull your fenders

yeah im gonna try to test fit soon, just waiting on the car to get out of the body shop. They are just finishing up trimming the albero bumper to fit the gigantic fmic core i have, then its going into the booth.

If it's getting painted give the shop a call and ask if they can roll your fenders for you. Do it before paint so that any cracking of the paint isn't even a possibility. That will be what I do when I put my facelift front end on.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

If it's getting painted give the shop a call and ask if they can roll your fenders for you. Do it before paint so that any cracking of the paint isn't even a possibility. That will be what I do when I put my facelift front end on.

yeah they are getting rolled by them yesterday or today...gonna hold off on pulling though

PacMan

Nice look with the bright(ish) wheels and the chrome strip on your skirts. Your car looks great.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ll add to this

18x9.5 NTO3’s

265/35/18’s

Rolled and pulled front and rear

Feal 441 coilovers w/ 8k swift springs

Kta 124 rear control arms

24mm sway bars front and rear w/ kartboy end links

What spring rates are you guys running? I think I need something stiffer. I currently rub a little more than I would like and want to go a little lower (raised my car a little after the first picture because it rubbed to much on bumps and turns)

1659161A-98B8-4A71-A921-C7D5BAF8E0CB.thumb.png.e90247f67289d620d8a02badc88cfaf3.png

E7CCDE7E-6FD2-42E7-925D-13351D30C81F.thumb.png.9aa821837cc95af3553cd4d2d2e0968f.png

10431FB4-4E9E-4D14-A50F-4431DEA7CAF6.thumb.png.ad75a77d80e747680217335d1b7a46ee.png

Edited by Lgt005

• 3 weeks later...
I dont know if I would classify this as "low" but it is a nice stance. Might lower the front another 1/4" or so to match the rear, right now its a bit lower in the rear. I still have space and no rub in the front, the rear rubs over larger bumps. Didn't want to give up the fatter tires, and NY roads aren't low friendly.

lgt1.thumb.jpg.21969c41df76c31acc0b0942e21a2744.jpg

lgt4.thumb.jpg.40149e8dd300897d48eecde6d2cd5fed.jpg

lgt6.jpg.3e2e85c0190b6e37e73fd03421139825.jpg