LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

Ok, so I tried to do the update, but my screen went black. I waited over 20 minutes, but there's no change. Now my car won't do anything. I can't even roll my window up.

Edit: So I read through the entire thread and noticed that a standard battery charger will not be enough. I ended up just using a PC power supply (make sure you disconnect your battery), and it went fine.

Edited by NotJimCarrey

Ok, so I tried to do the update, but my screen went black. I waited over 20 minutes, but there's no change. Now my car won't do anything. I can't even roll my window up.

Edit: So I read through the entire thread and noticed that a standard battery charger will not be enough. I ended up just using a PC power supply (make sure you disconnect your battery), and it went fine.

I assume you hooked it up to the radio directly?

I used a cheap battery charger when doing mine but yes the update supposedly checks for high / low voltage and backs out if there is an issue. Lucky it didn't brick your unit.

I assume you hooked it up to the radio directly?

I used a cheap battery charger when doing mine but yes the update supposedly checks for high / low voltage and backs out if there is an issue. Lucky it didn't brick your unit.

Nope, disconnected my battery and wired the 12V/15A power supply (I'd probably recommend a little higher) to the battery cables. I also have a 13.8V/18A DC power supply that I'll be using from now on.

Yeah, I know I am VERY lucky I didn't brick it and can't stress enough that anyone else properly follow the instructions: power supply, NOT charger.

Thanks for this thread, it is shocking to me that the dealer service centers aren't flashing the HU updates as standard outstanding recalls. Why bother fixing software if you're not going to push it to your customers? Edited by zippytek

Why bother fixing software if you're not going to push it to your customers?

"Let sleeping dogs lie."

... or ...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

"Let sleeping dogs lie."

... or ...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

:lol: the outback is her vehicle, so when it is most certainly "broke" I am the one expected to fix it.

i started digging in on this issue bc of the clock, but her complaint has been the XM traffic being worthless lately. I don't know if this will be corrected but I am hoping...she used to rave about that feature as she has a miserable commute through the busiest section of this area every day and it would neatly direct her to the path of least resistance. happy wife and all that...

I was just responding to your rhetorical question with a rhetorical answer. Subaru's long-standing policy is not to apply fixes proactively, but only if there is a verified malfunction.

In practical terms, I don't want software updates "pushed" to anything I own. Notify me, yes, and I'll make my own decision. Sometime the best update is no update.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

right on, I get that...

when making a service appt they don't have an option for "software updates" that i've seen, and checking the "outstanding recalls" box doesn't satisfy this. so I guess you need to explicitly request an update and pay a premium to get it if you aren't on to the SOA downloads website, or feel comfortable flashing the HU yourself.

Edited by zippytek

Update complete, everything looking good for the most part, aside from having to set all the presets and favs and re-pairing devices.

One thing I did notice, and maybe this is something that needs a setting change somewhere? the little mini dash widget that toggles between digital speedo, compass, nav, fuel gauge etc no longer displays the directional heading. Just the red arrow. Hmm, any ideas?

Many thanks to protivakid for sending the update files. you're the real mvp

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm too new to send PMs here. If anyone's able to provide me with the NU9021 update files, it would be greatly appreciated. This car we purchased is still on NU9007. We purchased the car from a Subaru dealer but they basically told me I was on my own to get any updates.

My email is 905shmick (at) ww0.ca

Thanks.

Edited by 905shmick

I guess I'm too new to send PMs here. If anyone's able to provide me with the NU9021 update files, it would be greatly appreciated. This car we purchased is still on NU9007. We purchased the car from a Subaru dealer but they basically told me I was on my own to get any updates.

My email is 905shmick (at) ww0.ca

Thanks.

Nobody's got the most recent files?

Thank you to both protivakid and zippytek for offering me the NU9021 files. I've now got my own copy of them and can share a link to anyone else who needs them.

FYI - If you're on a mac, you can rename the exe files to .zip and unzip them directly on a mac.

Thanks again.

Thank you to both protivakid and zippytek for offering me the NU9021 files. I've now got my own copy of them and can share a link to anyone else who needs them.

FYI - If you're on a mac, you can rename the exe files to .zip and unzip them directly on a mac.

Thanks again.

Are these files from the latest update dated January 2019?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if there is a place/website where you can view what the latest update is without paying for a subscription? I don't mind paying if I know there are new files available but am not wild about subscribing to check. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a place/website where you can view what the latest update is without paying for a subscription? I don't mind paying if I know there are new files available but am not wild about subscribing to check. Thanks!

This site used to link them. For example I searched for my '16 WRX https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2016/SUBARU/WRX/4%252520DR/AWD#manufacturerCommunications

The problem is after Subaru started locking down their TSB's to only tech net subscribers what seems like Summer 2018 the above link is no longer updated as frequently. Still worth a check.

Does anyone have a Firmware history list as in fixes in each version etc? Where can I get that.

If you check the link above and go through the revisions of the TSB's they detail what each fixes. I haven't seen a consolidated list though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for sharing this information. Now there is hope that we will get these files again, even if it means paying a reasonable subscription fee.

I have a Crosstrek 2016 NAV purchased in Canada, with the radio number FM755CH. In the list published on 01/30/19, reference is made to # FB685US and FB695US. Do you think it is safe to update?