LegacyGT.com

SOA 5MT Cruise Control Fix Incompatible with AP/TDC Reflash

Jon in CT

If you have a 2005 MT LGT and an AP or have been "pro-tuned" (snicker) by TDC, you probably are susceptible to a problem where the cruise-control shuts down. SOA has issued a fix, but AP and Protune maps don't incorporate it.

You'll need to decide which is more important; cruise control or AP/TDC.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It probably just shuts down the neutral position sensor, could just get that fixed.. *shrug*..

Replacing the neutral position switch does not fix the problem.

I wonder if there are any plans from Cobb to incorporate this fix somehow? It's very frustrating to not have cruise control.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Some people in the forums have had problems with their cruise control disengaging. I've read a lot about shimming and other mechanical fixes.

It appears from Jon's comments that Subaru believes that it is an electronic problem much like the "stutter" problem. For example, Subaru issued a new ROM that was supposed to fix the "stutter" but a lot of forum members who received the new Subaru flash said the stutter came back.

Therefore, I'm not that optimistic that this new Subaru flash will do anything. Since only a few members have had this problem... it would seem to be more mechanical related. Maybe the new flash makes the ECU less sensitive to mechanical differences?

BTW, I never use the cruise so I have no idea if I'm affected or not... I guess I better use it and find out before I void my warranty.

Idea: This would apply to AP 2.0 people. Is it possible for someone who gets the fix, to capture their ECU, and then share it? I don't know how the AP 2.0 works...I know it can capture your ECU for revert to stock mode, but after you capture it can you offload it off the AP like any normal map. This would also facilitate backing your ECU up in multiple places, as well as the ability to use other "original" ECUs while retaining your stock config in the event you need to restore your car to original specs.

I always find your posts amusing jon.

PLEASE PLEASE come up here and show me how to tune, please ?!?!

i need your vast knowledge of subaru TSB's i dont know how i can get through life without them.

back on topic, i have no say over what the base maps are that cobb provides i simply adjust them as needed for people

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

back on topic, i have no say over what the base maps are that cobb provides i simply adjust them as needed for people
Actually, you do have a say. As a Protuner, you could agitate that they re-base their base maps to the latest Subaru CalID in order to incorporate fixes Subaru has introduced since the car was manufactured. As it is now, marrying an AP regresses the microcode back to the level it had when manufactured.

But you've made it clear that you don't really care about this regression problem.

;886535']Actually, you do have a say. As a Protuner, you could agitate that they re-base their base maps to the latest Subaru CalID in order to incorporate fixes Subaru has introduced since the car was manufactured. As it is now, marrying an AP regresses the microcode back to the level it had when manufactured.

But you've made it clear that you don't really care about this regression problem.

how wrong you are

i have tried this

over and over

thats why V2 is V2

and does what it does

i have no idea

why they wont update and change it

i tried

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

;886535']Actually, you do have a say. As a Protuner, you could agitate that they re-base their base maps to the latest Subaru CalID in order to incorporate fixes Subaru has introduced since the car was manufactured. As it is now, marrying an AP regresses the microcode back to the level it had when manufactured.

No he can't, base maps don't contain the ECU ROMS.. for the AP V1 they have a version of the ROM the hacked and a backup copy from it restores when you unmarry it. Unmarrying an AP regresses the car to the version ROM preloaded in the AP which you have no control over.

OpenECU tools can overcome such obstacles since they have no custom ROM and edit only the maps in ROM, so subaru's code is left intact.

No he can't, base maps don't contain the ECU ROMS.. for the AP V1 they have a version of the ROM the hacked and a backup copy from it restores when you unmarry it. Unmarrying an AP regresses the car to the version ROM preloaded in the AP which you have no control over.
Cobb, if they wished, could create 2005.6 software for the AP V1 where both the unmarry ROM image and the marry ROM image are based on the latest Subaru ROM which incorporates all of Subaru's fixes. Cobb could also create a downloadable package that lets the existing owners of 2005 and 2005.5 APs to upgrade their APs to 2005.6 at home. Cobb has supplied such packages in the past.

http://www.accessecu.com/kb/index.php?ToDo=view&questId=39&catId=3

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9925227#post9925227

;889063']Cobb, if they wished, could create 2005.6 software for the AP V1 where both the unmarry ROM image and the marry ROM image are based on the latest Subaru ROM which incorporates all of Subaru's fixes. Cobb could also create a downloadable package that lets the existing owners of 2005 and 2005.5 APs to upgrade their APs to 2005.6 at home. Cobb has supplied such packages in the past.

Correct COBB can. I have asked for things like this

including the 04 Sti fix for the misfire codes with a light flywheel

but nothing has happend. Other Protuners have asked the same thing

to no avail....

I am not cobb.....

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

;889063']Cobb, if they wished, could create 2005.6 software for the AP V1 where both the unmarry ROM image and the marry ROM image are based on the latest Subaru ROM which incorporates all of Subaru's fixes. Cobb could also create a downloadable package that lets the existing owners of 2005 and 2005.5 APs to upgrade their APs to 2005.6 at home. Cobb has supplied such packages in the past.

Last I heard they stopped doing this because too many users at home were bricking their AP's from not following instructions.... sucks for us..

Archived