LegacyGT.com

Dead Battery

I charge my battery every night, every morning, my battery is dead. The battery is less then 2 years old.

Does anyone have any pointers on where to start looking for the drain?

Yup, I've had batteries die with in 2 - 3 years. The cheapo batteries from auto part stores don't last that long. Try a better quality battery like Interstate Battery or the higher end batteries from the parts store that has a guaranty of 5 years or more.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Walmart, MaxxEverstart, one of the top rated batteries.

I have them in 3 cars. My 86 F150 has a Advance Auto Parts battery, it's been there for almost 11 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My 86 F150 has a Advance Auto Parts battery, it's been there for almost 11 years.

I feel like someone is playing the "little kid with a goldfish" trick on you. Either that or you've got the freak amazing battery in there ha ha.

But I second the cheap battery, or even the one bad battery in the batch. I've had most of mine last for about 3 years only. Some die sooner when I cheap out on buying them. Couldn't hurt to also check the water level in the battery.

The battery that came with my car when I bought it lasted 50k miles and I believe it wasn't factory. Had a yellow top. I just replaced it with an oem subaru battery. I hope I get another 50k plus out of it!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

i enjoy the sears diehard. warranty is great and, plenty of sears across themap in case you did get stranded.

optima went down hill i heard after new ownership and production model.

as for other makers friends love autozone batteries- they might die but super fast swap program to get you going.

check your ground points make sure things are clean and kosher.

Archived