LegacyGT.com

Tire Size

Hey guys we just bought he wife a 2017 Legacy 2.5i and it came with the 17" alloy wheels with 225/55 tires. we are looking at buying some wheels and tires off of a forester that are 225/55/18. This makes the overall diameter 1" bigger, question is will there be enough clearance for the added tire size? i know that it will make the speedo off a little bit but I'm just worried about clearance.

Hey guys we just bought he wife a 2017 Legacy 2.5i and it came with the 17" alloy wheels with 225/55 tires. we are looking at buying some wheels and tires off of a forester that are 225/55/18. This makes the overall diameter 1" bigger, question is will there be enough clearance for the added tire size? i know that it will make the speedo off a little bit but I'm just worried about clearance.
It should work because that's the stock size of the 3.6r.. I have a 15' 3.6r and it came with that same size.. Currently I run a 225 45 19 just so I can clear fenders when I air out.. Most if the guys here run 245 45 18..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

It should work because that's the stock size of the 3.6r..

No. OE tire sizes for the Gen 6 Legacy are 225/55R17 and 225/50R18.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png