LegacyGT.com

Hard reset...or whatever it's called

I've searched the how-to's and this forum and can't seem find the threads on the process of a hard ecm reset. People keep talking about it but never include a link. Mrs. Spif's car is gonna need a battery soon and thought I'd do this and the tcu reset of they are beneficial.

What's the purpose of these resets? How do I do them? And will I have to reload the stage 0 tune from my AP?

I'm sorry for asking a dumb question but have been searching off and on for a week and can't find anything...

15 minutes of the battery disconnected will reset the ECU.

They say you can disconnect the battery and step on the brake pedal a few times to drain the power quicker if you don't have 15 minutes.

After a reset, turn the key to on for 10 seconds before you start the engine. If you don't it will not start as normal. You will have to run the starter for those 10 seconds.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh I guess I should have been looking for idle relearn, I'll start looking for that.

The map that's on it is for a stock setup, I put it on a year ago and haven't looked at the AP since, I thought stage 1 was a cold air intake...

Sorry I thought there was some magic process like resetting oil change lights on new cars....key on/off 10 times, pump the gas pedal 4 times, lock the doors, and congratulations the dash doesn't say you need an oil change any more lol.

Thanks again,

Mike

Right, if you have a Cobb AP you should be at least at stage 1 with a stock set up. Your engine will thank you.

My wagon got off the stock map back on Dec 8 2004 with 8000 miles on the car. Cobb stage 1 is how the car should have come from the factory.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived