LegacyGT.com

Incredible. 10,000 miles on one oil change.

And no adverse effects, and I can prove it!

I changed to Amsoil one my third oil change on owning the car since 92k.

At about 100k I changed to AMSOIL Signature series oil 5w35. I also only use OEM filters. Period. Never use any other filter.

At OEM turbo started blowing oil out the exhaust after going stage2. I went to stage3 with a BNR 18g and the infamous performance oil line kit and got a protune and have been at 288whp/311ftlbs since about 112.

I'm now at 137k after my 5th oil change with AMSOIL and after running for 9800 miles on it with some great data from black stone.

Here are all my Sample results in the attachments.

Also, never once changed the filter early, only while doing oil changes.

06 LEGACY GT-108300.pdf

06 LEGACY GT-113100.pdf

06 LEGACY GT-118000.pdf

06 LEGACY GT-125000.pdf

06 LEGACY GT-135152.pdf

Those reports look good. Sure iron is elevated in the most recent report, but 17ppm of iron over the course 9,780mi isn't much.

1.5qt's of make up oil is helping your TBN stay elevated.

I agree with blackstone that you probably could go 12k.. But I don't know, I'd be happy with a 10k oci, and probably wouldn't go any longer than that personally.

I agree with blackstone that you probably could go 12k.. But I don't know, I'd be happy with a 10k oci, and probably wouldn't go any longer than that personally.

Been doing 15k OCI sense 07 IIRC. :cool:

Oil history from day1:

New. SOA filter & oil 4000 miles

1st. oil & filter change till 30k, Mobil1, 5w-30 every 6000 miles \ Fram oil

filter every 3000 miles.

Amsoil 0w-30 SSO and Amsoil Ea oil filter, Ea15k13 oil filter at 30k-73k .

At 73K, my filtration I use.http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ons-81741.html My oil system now is 7qt. I add 2-4qts over the 15k OCI.

Oil consummation hasn't change sense car was new.

Most off the shelf oil filter, filter down between 20 & 40 microns. Amsoil full-flow oil filter is 15 microns & Amsoil By-Pass oil filter is 2 microns.

This filtration system add 2qts. of oil to you motor. Which help keep the oil cooler.

My GT mileage; over 303k

My G\F's 05 WRX (Totaled) use same oil & OCI, but uses 1 single spin-on, Ea15k13 oil filter. The WRX as over 150k. I add 2-4qts over the 15k OCI.

Oil consummation hasn't change sense car was new.

My 07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, 2.0L DI turbo charge motor, Same oil & OCI, but No Ea filter is available. I use a WIX filter. Change oil filter only every 5k. At 91k, Amsoil now as Ea-oil filter. No oil consummation over it's 15k OCI. GXP as almost 147k.

In short, check you oil level often & top as needed. Use oil & filter that will protect for the OCI your running. OA's is the only way you know that your oil & filter is up for the challenge. After that IMO no OA's are needed.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I use this, https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/european-car-formula-5w-40-synthetic-motor-oil-efm/?code=EFMQT-EA

and their EA15K13 filters.

I'm a preferred member and pay $5.85 a qt when I order a case, with two filters and shipping and tax it's like $110.00

Send a sample to Blackstone Labs before you decide on a oil interval.

Just got back to VT, the wagon runs great. 3 day ski weekend coming up.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived