LegacyGT.com

Oil Change Interval

Pretty sure the factory interval is 3750? Think the 4th gen had a higher interval and they started having issues with the banjo line filters clogging. I've always done mine somewhere around 3750-4000 and the car has just about 80K on it now.

You may wanna go with 5w40 synthetic esp if you are at stage 2. Have you been checking your oil with regularity to see how it is? I think previous owner's manuals said 3750mi but that was later changed to 5k. I have been doing 5k OCI with no issues but I'm only at stage 1

Pretty sure the factory interval is 3750? Think the 4th gen had a higher interval and they started having issues with the banjo line filters clogging. I've always done mine somewhere around 3750-4000 and the car has just about 80K on it now.

Speaking strictly about factory oil change intervals, I researched this some time ago. The 2010 LGT had a 3750 mile interval. 2011 initially had a 3750 mile interval as well, but was later changed to 7500 miles. In 2012, every vehicle in Subaru's lineup had a 7500 mile interval.

I'm using t6 5w-40 oil. Been changing it every 3,000 miles. Then I sent in a sample to blackstone and got back good result. They say to try 5k OCI. My car doesn't burn a drop of oil and I check it almost every week. Then it hit me..... I love this car too much...

Speaking strictly about factory oil change intervals, I researched this some time ago. The 2010 LGT had a 3750 mile interval. 2011 initially had a 3750 mile interval as well, but was later changed to 7500 miles. In 2012, every vehicle in Subaru's lineup had a 7500 mile interval.

Sounds right from what I can remember (I've had this car for 6 years now :eek:). I'd still shorten the interval up from 7500 if it were me.

I use 5k mile interval with Castrol Edge 5W-30 full synthetic and do a Blackstone oil analysis every 2 oil changes or 10k miles. All my reports have come back good with minimal breakdown of viscosity. I even ran a track day on each of the last 2 samples taken and it was fine. No oil consumption or oil added between changes. I have been at Stage1 for the last 3 analyses and am at 53k miles now with the car.

Per the replies some are using 5w-30 per Subaru and some are using 5w-40. Why violate the viscosity recommendations of Subaru?

In the owners manual it suggests a range of viscosity recommendations up to 20w-50. it has temperature ranges for them. Some are better in colder climates and some better for the Phoenix heat.

It does say that 5w-30 is always preferred though.

Archived