LegacyGT.com

Cruise control does not set.

So awhile ago. My cruise use to work. But every now then it would randomly unset. To reset it. I had to take it out of gear and put it back in. Then i could set it again.

Now it it will never set. And cobb says that my neutral switch input changes from 1 when in gear and 0 in neutral. Thats thats working good.

And ideas?

Edit. Clutch swith input also works

Edit again. I can set cruise while in neutral? So in order to set cruise, the neutral switch needs to put out a 0. And when the car sees a 1 that means your not in gear and the cruise with trip off.

So how in the actual **** did that signal slowly reverse itself? Setting cruise in neutral will just cause the car to slowly rev higher as speed goes down. Which is useless by the way...

Totally confused by what you're saying but you should absolutely not be able to set the cruise in neutral. There should only be three switches that shut off the cruise(besides the cruise switch itself); neutral, brake, and clutch. I'd bypass each one of those one at a time and test it for a few days. If it goes away while ones bypassed, replace the switch.

• 2 months later...
Side question - ignore me if you want me to start a new thread. I did a 1500 mile roadtrip last week and I noticed my cruise control would randomly unset itself sometimes. It didn't actually turn off it just stopped holding the speed and went throttle off. I noticed it did it a lot if I tried to set it above 130km/h (yes I speed a bit) but if I set it under 125km/h it had no problem. Is there some kind of top speed for cruise control?

Side question - ignore me if you want me to start a new thread. I did a 1500 mile roadtrip last week and I noticed my cruise control would randomly unset itself sometimes. It didn't actually turn off it just stopped holding the speed and went throttle off. I noticed it did it a lot if I tried to set it above 130km/h (yes I speed a bit) but if I set it under 125km/h it had no problem. Is there some kind of top speed for cruise control?

Read these:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/root-cause-cruise-control-failure-30814.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intermittent-cruise-control-fix-washer-thing-217067.html

I'd also like to add, I believe Subaru addressed a similar issue by updating (at least the 2005 model year) maps to 22N as opposed to 21N.

I believe the issue was cruise would randomly unset itself, though I don't think this is your issue, I just wanted to point it out JUST incase.

OP, were you able to solve the issue with the paperclip or just bandaid it? I don't think I have a clear understanding of what you did to the neutral switch.

Archived