LegacyGT.com

Where to look for a long block for 05 legacy

Had my motor blown probably as a result of a blown turbo. I finally have enough money to get a new engine, but now I'm not sure where to look to find one. I'm still not sure about whether or not i should go with the regular legacy motor or an sti. Any ideas on the pros/cons of the two, which is cheaper, and where I would go about looking for one with warranty. I live in WI as well. Any information would help. Thanks.

I just picket up mine from Phoenix out in pa he does great work. It's getting the install with my heads revalved and pnp'd. I had ring land failure which ultimately caused bearing to freeze up.

OP, where are you from ?

You should not need a long block. The heads can be cleaned and rebuilt. A ej257 ($1800)and OEM gasket set ($250) to match your year car is the basic thing you need.

Check the vendors on here, see Vendor Link up top, the Dealers will sell to you at 25% off

Here's my rebuild thread, it may help.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well the engine was pretty much totaled due to lack of oil they say. I'm not really quite sure where the problem started but I'm guessing it is from the two blown turbos that were put in it. My brother said that I should just go with a new long block since the whole engine was oil starved. I'm from WI, so if you guys have any more websites that would be greatly appreciated.

http://legacygt.com/index.php?page=vendors&

see that blue bar across the top of this page,just below the legacy on the top left corner of this page, it has the words, Home-Vendors- etc click on the Vendor

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived