LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I never buy new. I always buy a car that's older than 3 years so I can buy at 50% less than new. Anyway I have been thinking about a used Ford Fusion Sport. AWD with a turbo. Ford quit making them last year.

My family's next car will probably be a Tesla X. Seems like the best kiddo mover that is allegedly not a "minivan."

As a people/stuff mover, it's really, really hard to beat a decent minivan like the Sienna or Odyssey... my wife adores her Odyssey - we are on our second one - traded the 05 (which she put 284k miles on) for a 16 a little over a year ago. Even the 05 drove much more car-like than many modern SUVs. Parts cost isn't bad, and they aren't terrible to work on.

I never buy new. I always buy a car that's older than 3 years so I can buy at 50% less than new. Anyway I have been thinking about a used Ford Fusion Sport. AWD with a turbo. Ford quit making them last year.

As long as you get the extended warranty and/or don't plan to tune it at all.. I was VERY interested in that model until I read about the problems with the center diff. Definitely research the center diff issues before buying!

As long as you get the extended warranty and/or don't plan to tune it at all.. I was VERY interested in that model until I read about the problems with the center diff. Definitely research the center diff issues before buying!
And the longterm transmission issues and turbo issues, maybe the fusion missed out on those but I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As a people/stuff mover, it's really, really hard to beat a decent minivan like the Sienna or Odyssey... my wife adores her Odyssey - we are on our second one - traded the 05 (which she put 284k miles on) for a 16 a little over a year ago. Even the 05 drove much more car-like than many modern SUVs. Parts cost isn't bad, and they aren't terrible to work on.

I've heard several folks talk highly of the Odysseys as of late. The first being the uber driver a few weeks back on my way to the airport. Had a 2016 as well i think and was super nice/loaded, and an 05 before trading in for that one. The dude was surprisingly knowledgeable about a lot of cars for an older gentleman driving an uber (it's not you is it?? lmao). Spoke in depth about getting is wife the Mercedes of her dreams (I honestly imagine his wife being a smoke show, based on his charm) but ended up on the newer Geneses model after test driving and haggling. All the bells and whistles AND with the extended warranties/complimentary maintenance. One of my top uber driver convos yet.

I've heard several folks talk highly of the Odysseys as of late. The first being the uber driver a few weeks back on my way to the airport. Had a 2016 as well i think and was super nice/loaded, and an 05 before trading in for that one. The dude was surprisingly knowledgeable about a lot of cars for an older gentleman driving an uber (it's not you is it?? lmao). Spoke in depth about getting is wife the Mercedes of her dreams (I honestly imagine his wife being a smoke show, based on his charm) but ended up on the newer Geneses model after test driving and haggling. All the bells and whistles AND with the extended warranties/complimentary maintenance. One of my top uber driver convos yet.
Honda like any manufacturer has its issues. Our odyssey, a 2014 went through two right front struts in the couple years we owned it. It was a clunky vehicle for the cost. But it was smooth and had a decent ride. And the gas mileage on the freeway was phenomenal for such a large vehicle. Otherwise the vague steering, indecisive shift points and ever worn out front struts were manageable. Personally, if you just need to seat 6 get an suv, it will be a better overall vehicle in the long run and probably hold value better. The odyssey is quite dated until you get into the touring or elite models, and for those prices I would expect more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I gotta ask, who in there right mind would ever buy the new 2020 legacy XT!!!??? It is fricking god awful in every way even the orange interior offering. I’m not being biased but the 4th and 5th gen turbos while being two completely different animals are night and day in appearance!! Am I totally off here? I guess I hated the newer body style on the sti but kinda grew on me but these XT’s no way in my lifetime! So sad how they completely destroyed the car. Can someone else chime in please??? I can’t be the only one.. it is so terrible. Yup told you all how I really feel lol [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree with you on the overall dislike, I'm a bit less militant about it. I just don't think there's anything remarkable about the car. It looks like any other mid sized sedan. They killed the more distinctive subaru style hence my general "meh" feeling about it. But to be honest that started a few gens ago, it has just finally reached the line for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I’m with the Meats. Ambivalent and non-plussed. Looks like a little bit of a lot of different sedans rearranged and...voila! New but same. Of course, opinions are subjective, and I confess I haven’t been paying attention much (though I am just befuddled by the aggressiveness of the Camry’s looks, bit of a shark jump there). Was not super psyched by anything I saw at the DC car show this year. Except for those really tall vans. Could do a lot with those. But I digress.

honestly, i'm digging what toyota's doing. i agree the camry fell a little flat, but the corolla hatch looks excellent (and would love to see a hot version of it...), the new avalon is shockingly nice, love it or hate it i love the supra, and while the 86 is a little long in the tooth, it still looks fresh and fits in with the lineup. heck, even the yaris with its grumpy wide open mouth is a cute little bugger.

I gotta ask, who in there right mind would ever buy the new 2020 legacy XT!!!??? It is fricking god awful in every way even the orange interior offering. I’m not being biased but the 4th and 5th gen turbos while being two completely different animals are night and day in appearance!! Am I totally off here? I guess I hated the newer body style on the sti but kinda grew on me but these XT’s no way in my lifetime! So sad how they completely destroyed the car. Can someone else chime in please??? I can’t be the only one.. it is so terrible. Yup told you all how I really feel lol [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I might. I don't care about the look regardless, but if the drive is better than the 2019 Legacy, and I am sure it is I would definitely be good driving one. Having said that, I don't see my LGT going anywhere for a while.

On another note, my wife has suggested I find a truck. More specifically that I trade my legacy for one...:eek:

Yeah that ain't happening...

My wife hates my car, but we agreed I would keep it for 5 years. I have a habit of selling my cars around 3 years. I have 2 1/2 years to go on this one.

I have had mine 6 years now, I had my forester for 7 before this. I am not ready to move on yet, lol. Especially with timing belt and other components coming soon. I suppose it would be a good time to let it go, but I just can't. I am not sure I ever will be ready, so we may just get into another vehicle.

The problem is my car is the odd man out so to speak, I am the only one that can drive it. The wife simply has no desire to learn.

I will hopefully be keeping my GT for a while as well.

We just bought my wife a 2016 Crosstrek with the 5MT and 41,000 on the clock... she keeps asking to drive my car. I told her when it's tuned on corn she can try it:). She drives stick better than me some days (she had a 2002 bugeye for years), but I'm still apprehensive to let anyone drive it other than me. I break it enough as is...

I gotta ask, who in there right mind would ever buy the new 2020 legacy XT!!!???

I probably will never buy a new Legacy XT, but I do plan on buying a new OBXT someday to replace my '09 OB 2.5i. I drove a '20 Legacy 2.5i as rental car in FL and I really like the way the car drove for what it is. I like it better than the 4th, 5th and 6th Gen 2.5i's. I like the prior gen's styling better, though. The 7th styling is blah, I want to like the one in my work parking lot, but I don't. I wouldn't rule out buying a used one down the road.

For now, I am sticking with my '12 GT for at least a few more years.

I said day 1 when they showed the new LegXT, ew. Took the forester into the dealer this morning for recall work all day and got a loaner.. the 2020 Legacy!!! lol not the XT though but fully loaded. They def. know I own the 2013 in the system, so well played Subaru.

Impressions... I'm power hungry so wouldn't consider without the XT. The interior is definitely an improvement, not just for the Legacy but across the board for Subaru. More refined, quieter, and seats are way more comfortable than the '17FXT. I like the nav center, although it was a bit disjointed to find things (like the heated seats!?). Maybe it gets easier/there are shortcuts that I'd discover if used more often. Although the power was lacking, it definitely stuck to corners really well. Felt like I was driving my 08 Impreza 5MT, but with the size of the Leggy. I think with a couple more improvements to my '13, I could get the same handling feel though (still need that stiffer RSB).

And the good stops there as soon as I step out of the car.. I don't even want to look back at it. Is it an early 2010's corolla/camry? A special edition Impreza? I just.. I just.. ew. Hold on, let me go look at it again... Nope still not better. What are those wheels!? Were they exported from Minecraft and put through a 3D printer to emulate.. Subaru really missed the mark here. It's like they spent their design budget on the new OBXT, and let their kids design the Legacy on 'take your kid to work day'.

Honestly, I love the 5th gens. I want to keep mine forever. Either pick up a GT, or go full mechanic mode and drop in a EJ25 and a 6sp STI TM after I get another daily.

I can say the CVT has gotten better over the years. We have had 4 of them since 2013. The only thing I don't like about the Forester is there are no paddles. Only an L position on the gearshift. The paddles were great for using the engine to slow down to stop when it was slick.