LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I had the same issue last year with my driver’s door except I could still open the door from the inside, thankfully. It’s not a fun project to replace the handle. At least you won’t have to deal with the lock tumbler.

Hello All!

Do you feel like you could use a few extra foot power? Feel like your friends are rolling on fancy new round wheels and your still stuck on these oblonged concrete things that barely roll so they keep passing you by?

Our Etune will get your bedrock shaking :lol: We got you Covered

Use "FLINTSTONES" Coupon Code in all caps for a 10% off Etune discount on the website at http://www.cryotuneperformance.com. This price will be live on the website till the end of the month.

All jokes aside, jump on the promo and save yourself some $$$

Take it easy guys.

Dave

82725741_1450961411747923_1083522156022726656_o.jpg.0a588dc0c559c7bd420438deaf95e4d4.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Gates kits were hit and miss. They had some quality issues from sourcing some parts from China and not Japan. Not OEM quality bearings.

Aisin kit has been recommended for a while now. TiC used an Aisin kit during my rebuild.

I broke my rear door mechanism somehow.. went to open the door with the external handle, something snapped and fell down the door on the inside. Wonder how I'll get it open now.. inside handle doesn't work either, so it's stuck closed.

Has anyone ever experienced that?

had this issue with my rear driver's door but could still open from the inside. Had to manually flip the lock, though.

Got a replacement unpainted handle. A shop agreed to do the install of it with a bunch of suspension parts. They get it in the shop and do all the other work and then claim they aren't a body shop and won't help me with getting the handle painted because they don't want to be responsible for recommending a shop and were trying to weasel out of installing it. Eventually got them to install it unpainted (it's matte black and my car is black. I wanted a functioning handle and was going to get it painted elsewhere) but it looks like they just used a screwdriver to pop out the old exterior handle because there are screwdriver-shaft sized dents around the handle frame.

That shop was one of the last straws with keeping up with the LGT. That was only one of the shitty things they did during that session. Having had some pretty shitty luck, even with shops that had decent reputations in the area, it just sent me off the end of being able to stomach maintaining the monster I had created any longer.

Work was hell today, but it ended on a holy note. :icon_twis

Surprised these got done so quick. Original eta was mid-April and I was hoping to have all of the fueling upgrade items bought and ready to go by then. Oh well, will be a nice art installation for the home office until then.

Quick edit: Heard back from MoorePower on the 5MT blast plates and they're still looking to fill a few spots for the group buy.

1.thumb.jpg.87805299f03d491d687b504874813e74.jpg

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT

had this issue with my rear driver's door but could still open from the inside. Had to manually flip the lock, though.

Got a replacement unpainted handle. A shop agreed to do the install of it with a bunch of suspension parts. They get it in the shop and do all the other work and then claim they aren't a body shop and won't help me with getting the handle painted because they don't want to be responsible for recommending a shop and were trying to weasel out of installing it. Eventually got them to install it unpainted (it's matte black and my car is black. I wanted a functioning handle and was going to get it painted elsewhere) but it looks like they just used a screwdriver to pop out the old exterior handle because there are screwdriver-shaft sized dents around the handle frame.

That shop was one of the last straws with keeping up with the LGT. That was only one of the shitty things they did during that session. Having had some pretty shitty luck, even with shops that had decent reputations in the area, it just sent me off the end of being able to stomach maintaining the monster I had created any longer.

I had something similar to this happen to the driver door on my civic. It just wouldn't open one day inside or out. Dad has a friend who owns a small body shop and they told me $200. When I picked it up they said "I'm still only going to charge you $200 but we will never do one of these again." from what I gathered they ended up having to basically cut open the door and then repair the damages they did getting it to open so they could replace the locking mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something similar to this happen to the driver door on my civic. It just wouldn't open one day inside or out. Dad has a friend who owns a small body shop and they told me $200. When I picked it up they said "I'm still only going to charge you $200 but we will never do one of these again." from what I gathered they ended up having to basically cut open the door and then repair the damages they did getting it to open so they could replace the locking mechanism.

That same exact thing happened to my 1991 Civic too. Rolled the window down and was able to open the lock using long metal ruler to push on the lever inside. Metal arm came out of plastic clip, that was it.

Sometimes body shops go for a bigger hammer before thinking a tiny bit.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I had the drivers door handle replaced by my buddies body shop years ago, think it was $125. I may have brought the new handle to them.

The should be a post on here about it...many years back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This is precisely how I'm feeling at the moment.

And my car is at one of the most "reputable Subaru Specialty Shops" in the country.

Paying big money for horrible customer service and questionable work really sours my attitude for the entire car. (which I haven't even seen in 3 months now)

This is precisely how I'm feeling at the moment.

And my car is at one of the most "reputable Subaru Specialty Shops" in the country.

Paying big money for horrible customer service and questionable work really sours my attitude for the entire car. (which I haven't even seen in 3 months now)

You still don't have it back?? Jeez. I thought that was resolved.

.... It was diagnostic which you got sorted. Waiting for headers which should have arrived? Wtf else are they doing?? It seemed like killer b was the hold up.

That sucks. I can't imagine. They do winter laps without cleaning the track near me, I'd be mad as I'm sure you are.

The headers have been back from KillerB since the Monday after Thanksgiving!!

Then they claimed the Tial EWG was on backorder, (translate: we forgot to order it)

For some reason after the FF was installed (but before the headers were sent off) it was on the dyno. Dumb, but whatever. We were losing fuel pressure at 450whp. I approved a fuel filter replacement (11-13-19) to be done before the next dyno session.

Headers return and EWG installed and we hit the dyno again, only to find out IT IS STILL LOSING FUEL PRESSURE AT 450WHP! The fuel filter was never changed. Fast forward to last Friday (3 weeks without communication)... Dyno again with new fuel filter... still losing pressure at 450whp and now want to hardwire the pump.

Its a fuggin joke. I could load and fire the parts cannon from my driveway and not have spent over $3k already. Likely over $5k by the time it is finished.

Cliff's notes for Fjuan:

Incompetence and crap customer service EVERYWHERE!

Edited by gkinslow

Damn that sounds terrible. I'd be livid.

My f&r Brembo setup is on the way! Need to order a couple rebuild kits and some rotors. Gonna practice rebuilding an extra set of LGT calipers I have before doing the Brembo calipers. I actually have three sets of front LGT calipers, and they'll all eventually be cleaned up and rebuilt to offset the cost of my new brakes.

The engine I took into school to rebuild turns out to have had a boost leak due to a hose that was shredded. Leak testing showed no other issues with heads or rings. Happy coincidence.

Turns out school has valve grinding machines, so can do the head rebuild at school. Buying the machines to do this is not a small investment. A quarter's tuition is $600. We'll see how excited I am about doing heads in a couple of weeks.

In other news, closed my part out thread because have no time to deal with it. Our house flooded in mid december and we're writing off pretty much everything. Insurance company did us dirty by denying our claim. Replacement cost value...what a crock.

Took a gamble with buying a speed sensor before isolating the culprit and I happened to the nail the right one (front passenger), the P0500 code is cleared. Now I have only an airbag light to take care of. Hopefully it's just a wire I forgot to reconnect after I had my head unit out.

Sorry to hear, Boxkita. That's a major headache. Glad to hear about the fun you're having at school. Makes me want to look into classes nearby.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread