LegacyGT.com

Oil top of engine, found torn hose. Need help finding replacement (see pic)

Oil has been pooling on top of engine and dripping on to all the hot pipes causing smoke.

Thought it was oil pressure sensor but looked clean.

Decided to track some of the PCV hoses, vacuums, breather etc and found this hose (see pic) under intercooler completely busted open at the base which connects to top of engine. Its the one with the black ziptie.

Wondering what hose this is? Its bent at a 90 degree angle and very wide probably over and inch. It connects to top of engine (almost dead center) then up into the manifold I believe.

Would this be the culprit? Maybe its coolant not oil, I don't know. Thanks !!!!WW6yARw

https://imgur.com/a/WW6yARw

Edited by futura

A word of caution/advice - You may break several hoses getting to that one. You should still fix it, just be mentally prepared for other ones to have become hard and crack. A few years ago I replaced about 90% of the hoses on top of the engine as part of an engine build. About 60% were actually necessary. The rest just made me feel better

You'll want to lift the intake manifold at the heads, disconnect the fuel lines from the shock tower. The manifold will come off in one piece. Look the job over, take off as little as possible.

Here's mine in the back of the car.

DSCN4741.thumb.JPG.390ee1f07c5d8dedf0da32f2f74263e6.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

A word of caution/advice - You may break several hoses getting to that one. You should still fix it, just be mentally prepared for other ones to have become hard and crack. A few years ago I replaced about 90% of the hoses on top of the engine as part of an engine build. About 60% were actually necessary. The rest just made me feel better

Alright thanks. Everything hose related on this car always a nightmare. PCV wasn't fun trying to replace neither was the inlet haha.

@sean will be cautious, youre right its a spider web of hose in that area. ill prob label everything to so i know where it all goes back in

@Max thanks for your help. been watching some tutorials on how to remove manifold, ill take my time. ill try going at it from throttle body side first , you might be on to something

@blackobxt hell yeah thats the courage i need.

Edited by futura