LegacyGT.com

How about a "I love my Suby because..." thread

I am just getting tired of hearing people go on and on about why they hate their subaru..... For me, I LOVE IT and here is why..

1.) Awesome bang for buck!

2.) Very unique where I live, tons of people ask me what it is

3.) Can you say sleeper (see above)

4.) Performance in a package cops don't know

5.) All the interior amenities I wanted without extra frill to add weight and cost.

6.) It's just damn Sexy!

7.) It's a Subaru so I know it's gonna last!

I am now putting my flame suit on because I am sure this thread will be hijacked within 10 posts by someone posting either why they hate their car or why I must be wrong in one of my above reasons..... Flame Away.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car makes me laugh when I get on the boost. That's all I need. The Legacy feels 10 times nicer than my WRX. I still think the WRX is a great car, especially considering how reliable it's been for having 120K+ miles and having been put through AutoX and drag...and my general aggressive driving. I'm just getting older and want a more subtle car (you know, like a 320whp Legacy GT) but for the younger crowd the WRX is perfect. There are other cars I like but they don't offer as much as the Legacy for a reasonable cost. For example, while the 335i (I've driven the coupe, the sedan, and the 'vert) is an amazing car, the open diff is a major turn off. Down the road it'd be nice to get one and add an LSD but there's no way I'd do that to a car that's in the $40's new. Okay, I'm rambling...so:

I agree with everything you have listed for both of my Subarus except #5 for the WRX.

One other thing is safety. I like my b pillars.

1. it has trubo

2. it has awd

3. it has 4 doors

4. it sounds awesome with an exhaust

5. it looks awesome

6. it is just an awesome car.

7. did i mention it has a turbo?

oh. and 8. it doesn't have framed doors. I love that!

I've only had my LGT for 4 months but I had a 1990 prior to this which is still being used by my parents (with over 200,000 miles).

I love it because it's a great sleeper. All of my passengers are blown away by the performance of my "plain looking sedan". It's still stock but it still makes me smile when the boost kicks in.

Of course the AWD was one of big factors as well. I really need it up here where it's winter 8 months out of the year. :)

1. it has trubo

2. it has awd

3. it has 4 doors

4. it sounds awesome with an exhaust

5. it looks awesome

6. it is just an awesome car.

7. did i mention it has a turbo?

oh. and 8. it doesn't have framed doors. I love that!

ditto. and listening to the turbo spool up and then my wife screaming for me to slow down around the corners. :lol:

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

What no response from Carter???

I am pleasantly surprised to see this stay OT.... well for the most part ;)

I've thought of a couple more things I love after I was washing my car...

The sheen of SWP....

TONS of aftermarket stuff for these cars..

Of course the AWD...

Oh and hearing the turbo spool is fun :)

Barely anyone knows what my car is.... (everythin is tinted cept for the headlights, debadged), sleeper power, obnoxious loud catless turboback that pleases me every morning lol, oh yeah....and when its raining or snowing, and I want to drift a turn it is easy to control and it always goes where you want it too

I love my wagon because it's paid off.

Other reasons: There are only 3 other wagons on the planet of the same year that look even remotely as good, and they are all more expensive, the Volvo V70R, The Audi S4/S6 Avant(possibly the A3), and the Dodge Magnum Hemi. I drove the Magnum and it had the crappiest shifting tranny I've ever driven.

There really is nothing like the feel and sound of a spooling turbo.

I can get around almost anything if I want to or need to.

People stare a lot as I drive by.

the AWD is most excellent.

This is the second Legacy GT for me, and it has been dead nuts reliable. JohnGalt on this forum now owns my first SWP LGT.

It has a HUGE aftermarket support to satisfy my mod bug.

Even with the gold OZ's, it's still off the radar with cops.

I can take my wife out to expensive restaurants and not be embarrassed with what I drive.

How about this - after driving through the rain-flooded streets of Orange County this past Friday, I'm AMAZED at how sure-footed this thing is! My last car would've been squirming all over the place at the sight of a road-irregularity, but my Subie, well, she's a keeper! Can't wait for some snow at the local resorts...

Archived