LegacyGT.com

Legacy Shocks Me

I'm on my 2nd Legacy. Had an '05. Now an '08. (Company cars)

When I'm getting out of the car, open the door, & then push the door closed, I get a shock.

Both cars did it. Although I think the '08 has a stronger poke!

This doesn't happen on my wife's car (a Honda Ody).

It happens more when I wear tennis shoes.

Anybody know why or have any ideas - perhaps some static guard sprayed on the seats / floorboard...

Thanks!

Guest Gitster

You should always be grounded as to not damage the electronics in the car.

I would run a strap from the strut tower posts and make sure you attach it to your self at all times before touching the car.

Guest heightsgtltd
here's the problem. The tennis shoes with rubber soles in theory should shock less as rubber doesn't conduct electricity :lol:

some funny posts.... I especially like the "shock" sensor theory?!?

My mom had a '91 Buick Regal back in the day that used to do that, we got those groudning strips that hang from under the car, it stopped it.

Best of luck!

My work van does that, just bad static. Sometimes I actually jump back it's so strong. Dry air like in winter makes it particularly bad. If I remember to think about it, I grab the door frame as i'm getting out, but before i get off the seat. That'll ground you and keep it from happening.

Come to think of it, i've only had it happen in cars with cloth seats. Does it happen to anyone here with leather?

I agree 100% and luvin all the answers too......So Paul from Cincy (You a Reds fan?) you've taken up time and space here and we need your report back please as to what you plan to do about this shocking issue!!!

......imho......You gave the source to your problem when you started this thread: "(Company cars)" and "It happens more when I wear tennis shoes." Company doesn't want you to forget that the car is really not yours and Company especially doesn't want you to play tennis on company time......peace......

this thread went from 0 to crazy in 10 seconds :lol:

I'm on my 2nd Legacy. Had an '05. Now an '08. (Company cars)

When I'm getting out of the car, open the door, & then push the door closed, I get a shock.

Both cars did it. Although I think the '08 has a stronger poke!

This doesn't happen on my wife's car (a Honda Ody).

It happens more when I wear tennis shoes.

Anybody know why or have any ideas - perhaps some static guard sprayed on the seats / floorboard...

Thanks!

Item #1-It is probably a tracking device installed by your company since it is a company car.;)

Item #2-Don't push the door, SLAM it shut!

Item #3-Trade "down" to '07.:lol:

Item #4-Make sure your wife closes the door for you, and while you're at it, tell your wife to open your door for you.:lol:

Item #5-Wear platform shoes to go along with your long hair.:eek:

Don't blame me if you decide to go along with item #4.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Archived