LegacyGT.com

Legacy Spec.B

I am price shopping right now for a Spec.B and one of the dealers tells me that this is a limited production model. Is this true? I thought I can go to a dealer and they could order me one from the factory if I wanted. Please shed some light.....

Yea, thats cool. I sent an e-mail to my local dealer and they reply with this:

"I have this limited production Legacy Spec B in stock.

Please call so we can set up an appointment.

Due to the scarcity of this model we are asking MSRP."

Reading around the forum, I am seeing people get it for below invoice, so I am assuming they are not a true limited production model. There are only a few around me, but I don't mind waiting for one from the factory if necessary.

screw that, dont pay MSRP. Even though specB doesnt have customer cash and stuff, you should still be able to get it for less than msrp. Ask around ... when i bought my 3.0 i asked 5 dealers, pretty much anything within 50miles of me.

Then when i got a price i kinda went up to other dealers and was like dealer y gave me X amount, can you beat.

I beleive the first year they were limited production (like 500) maybe the dealer doesn't realize they aren't anymore?!??

I had trouble finding a GT around me, I had have my dealer find one at a dealer in the state (they didn't charge me to pick it up so I didn't mind, plus is saved me money because I was over the GTP mileage, so I didn't have to put extra miles on my car waiting for it to get me from Japan)

They are in fact a limited production model. Subaru just doesn't make as many as the regular GT. I think that the production in '07 was well under 1000 units. Do you have to pay MSRP, no. But unless you have more than one dealer with the car you want in stock you are just not going to be in a strong bargaining position.

Basic economics, mate! Do your homework, and the legwork needed to get around to more than one dealer and you CAN get a good deal. Get lazy and you will be screwed. Same as buying any other car, really.

Good luck, you're going to love it once you pull the trigger!

It was actually easier for me to get a spec.B in the configuration I wanted (no spoiler) than a GT in the configuration I wanted. Get quotes from the 5 or 6 nearest dealers online. Some will be high, some will be OK, some will be nice and low.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived